Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started the day off by getting a Devil Dino for my 365th day of this friggin' game. In my grind of sub 1 for Strange Sights I got just enough xp to level up to 85 which gave me a cool 40 grand. I then poured that into Coulson to hit 270. The iso from the alliance reward gave me enough to champ him so he's now my ninth champed 4*. I then applied his progression reward cover and that got me a Teen Jean. And a heroic that I got from a champ reward from one of my 2s gave me a 4* Fist so that makes four covers in my queue for him. I guess I know who I will be champing next. Not a bad day.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today Shield Resupply gave me the fifth blue cover for my Professor X. Now I´m finally able to play "Charlie´s Angels"!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was running G4mora/Grocket in Magnetic Mayhem. Up against a team with Patch. Only a few purple tiles on the board. He fires his green, their move doesn't drop any other purple tiles, bam. G4mora downs him instantly :smiley:
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    After finishing Strange Sights last night I decided to redeem my small stash of basic tokens, 10 Standard, 4 Elite, and 1 Heroic. The Standard tokens weren't anything special, just a couple of 2-stars for The Farm, but the Elites yielded an Elektra cover, so my only unChamp'd 3-star is now 3/2/2, and I got a bonus cover for Black Panther. Just 8 more BP's and I'll get my third Blue Mr. Fantastic cover, adding the Stun to his Flexibility.

I looked at my 1 Heroic Token, thought 'what the hell', and hit it.

I got a 4-star cover, a Cloak & Dagger, taking her to 1/4/3, then up popped a bonus cover. A Red Gamora, taking her to 5/3/4, so one cover away from becoming my 11th 4-star Champion.
    Reasonably sure you didn't get Elektra from an Elite token. She's not IN blind tokens yet afaik. Event vault token, mayhap?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL said:
    JSP869 said:
    After finishing Strange Sights last night I decided to redeem my small stash of basic tokens, 10 Standard, 4 Elite, and 1 Heroic. The Standard tokens weren't anything special, just a couple of 2-stars for The Farm, but the Elites yielded an Elektra cover, so my only unChamp'd 3-star is now 3/2/2, and I got a bonus cover for Black Panther. Just 8 more BP's and I'll get my third Blue Mr. Fantastic cover, adding the Stun to his Flexibility.

I got a 4-star cover, a Cloak & Dagger, taking her to 1/4/3, then up popped a bonus cover. A Red Gamora, taking her to 5/3/4, so one cover away from becoming my 11th 4-star Champion.
    Reasonably sure you didn't get Elektra from an Elite token. She's not IN blind tokens yet afaik. Event vault token, mayhap?
    Oh? You're right. It must have been a vaulted Event token. And that answers a question I've had for a while, as to whether or not you can get Bonus Covers from Event tokens.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    DFiPL said:
    JSP869 said:

Oh? You're right. It must have been a vaulted Event token. And that answers a question I've had for a while, as to whether or not you can get Bonus Covers from Event tokens.
    AFAIK, yes, you can get BH from event tokens that are for a store, but not for a vault.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yesterday my 4* Iron Fist was 4/5/3, level 189 when I pulled the Green progression cover. The Strange Sights token that I received from progression today pulled his final blue cover. Cool beans!
  • Cartelkuma
    Cartelkuma Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All my 4* are now championed and I'm purposely keeping my 5*s underleveled because 4* land is much better then un-diversified 5* land
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got 4th place in Strange Sights, despite a bad start in the first sub. By the end of DP vs. MPQ, my Sandman will have gone from 2/3/2 to 3/4/4. I know he isn't a great character, but I'll take getting four 4* covers for any character, anytime, especially while I'm hoarding. It lets me feel like I'm still making meaningful progress on my roster overall.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was a good day for placement. Magneto PVP, I got my first 5th place finish in SCL8. I was fully expecting someone with Epic Champs to blow past me, but it never happened. It was a sub-1200 5th place too (1040 points).
    Strange Sights, another top 5 finish, even after missing points from the last wave mission on day 2 (darn Mindless protects).
    The caveat I suppose is the offered covers. Less people fighting over Sandman. I feel bad though. The only cover I could use was the green one. If I'd gotten the one in my Hunt vault, I would have been tempted to Champ him, but I prefer the 2K ISO8 to spending 120 CP to get the last green rank. Besides, I can see the first Moon Knight cover on the horizon in my resupply, and when the second one arrives, Mooney will be at 13 covers.
    Good moments.
    P.S. Apologies @Jarvind on Mags PVP.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

I'm guessing you hit me? If so, no biggie. I hit whoever is worth good points, so I expect others to do the same to me.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3* Cage has been sitting at 222 for a while now. So I did a little run in the Capt Marvel pvp since I was about 150 pts away from getting my 10 pack for the season and I stopped once I got the event token. Opened up the elite and got a 3* Storm with bonus 3* Cage which gave me 4* Cage. Yesss. Immediately switched to Gamora as my 3* bonus hero since she's a few covers away from hitting 183. Back to opening tokens. First pull gives me Carol. What's this? A 4* in my 10 pack? How did that get in there? Next pull gives me a Riri. Back to back 4s??? The pack ended up giving me five 2s, three 3s, the two 4s and a bonus 3* Gamora. Hell yeah. Tune in next season when I go 10/0/0.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    zodiac339 said:

I'm guessing you hit me? If so, no biggie. I hit whoever is worth good points, so I expect others to do the same to me.
    No, you had been holding 5th up to that morning, but I had 2 5* players queued from a top 20 alliance, and waited until they were past 1200 points to use a Switchpool Mega Whale strategy to get 120 points or so. So rare for any of us without 5* Champs to have any chance at top 5, I feel a little bad about taking it and leaving you in 6th.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Jarvind said:
    zodiac339 said:

No, you had been holding 5th up to that morning, but I had 2 5* players queued from a top 20 alliance, and waited until they were past 1200 points to use a Switchpool Mega Whale strategy to get 120 points or so. So rare for any of us without 5* Champs to have any chance at top 5, I feel a little bad about taking it and leaving you in 6th.
    @zodiac339 THAT WAS YOU? YOU SON OF A nah it's cool man, congrats. I occasionally inch into t5 but I never expect to hold it.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Four Bagman covers in one batch of LR seed teams?!?

#blessed  :p
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The first sub of DPvMPQ has enough Points that I was able to get to the Sandman Cover in Progression so I could roster him and get six clears on his Node.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got one Iceman cover from heroic token. Got a Peggy from LT. Both are low covered but sure want to champ them both so its nice to get some covers of them. But also got a red Medusa cover putting her at 5-2-5. I will make sure to save 3600 hp in case i will get a HfH offer to complete her.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where's the 10-pack pull thread for this season?

Best 10-pack ever: 5 x 3* pulls, 1 x 4* pull, and THREE 3* bonus pulls.

The four Magneto covers rockets him straight to 227 and a bonus LT.

Sadly, the LT gave me a grotesquely unusable green cover for my 5/1/3 X-23.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Where's the 10-pack pull thread for this season?

Best 10-pack ever: 5 x 3* pulls, 1 x 4* pull, and THREE 3* bonus pulls.

The four Magneto covers rockets him straight to 227 and a bonus LT.

Sadly, the LT gave me a grotesquely unusable green cover for my 5/1/3 X-23.
    My 12/1/3 X-23 joins you in grotesque solidarity.