Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yesterday was just unreal.

1) Got the 1000HP from the Taco Vault
    2) Scored T50 in CL7 in Venom Bomb and the last sub despite not having Star-Lord.
    3) Got a red Spider-Woman from a Heroic Token, taking her to 4/3/2 and a red BH Medusa, bringing her to 5/3/3.

What a thrilling day. Also, playing Unstable Iso-8 in CL6 is so much more relaxing that CL7! 

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I champed my last Vintage 4* today. At the time that they split characters into Vintage and 12 Latest, I had 4 Vintage that were unchampioned.

The only 4*s I have left to champion are the releases from Vulture on, who are still working up to max covers.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champed Iceman a couple weeks ago.  Seemed ok but a little disappointing for all the hype.  Then he was boosted.  Then I paired him with Vulture.  Now every battle is my best moment of the day...
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This morning I champed 4* Hulk

I thought about being sensible and saving up ISO or leveling all the other 4*s to their max levels before proceeding to open tokens instead of the casual reckless abandon of before. Then I compromised with opening tokens until I had another character to champion or pulled a duplicate.

LT 1 - Moon Knight green cover making him 2/3/5.
    LT 2 - 5* Daredevil purple cover making him 0/0/1, my roster is now temporarily complete.
    LT 3 - Vulture black cover making him 2/1/2.
    LT 4 - Gwenpool black cover making her 5/3/5.

The Goddess of RNG was smiling upon me during those moments.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    I had one of those immensely satisfying reward cascades today. An Elite token gave me 3* Carol with a bonus Elektra. That was Elektra's first champ level, and the LT gave me a champ level for Riri. That gave me enough CP for a classic pull, which threw out an X-Pool cover. It was his first champ level too, and the LT gave me a champ level for Mordo with a bonus Teen Jean green. That enabled me to champ her and save the cover in my queue. The LT from that got Vulture another champ level.

I think that may be the greatest Elite token I've ever opened.
    A butterfly flapped its wings in Japan and led to a Champ level on Vulture. Hopefully the next cascade you see isn't from the AI getting three miracle match fives in one move with Professor X. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled seven gold covers from my mini-season ten pack; one of them was a bonus 3*. One of them was a shiny 4* Peggy red, bringing her to 4/2/4. Pretty solid 10-pack!

I also pulled a Vulture green from another Heroic yesterday.
  • DTrain514
    DTrain514 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pulling a blue cover for my 2/0/1 chohulk, adding full boosts and then clearing his crash at lvl 94 on the first try. . . At 105 HP left. Never thought I'd actually be able to do it, just I'd mess around since I got a new cover
  • Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lightning round heroic token for a black yondu and bonus vulture for 13th cover of vulture. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dipped into my hoard to get at least one Doc Ock and Daredevil cover. Got two Ock and one DD cover after just 11 LTs. Also got a yellow cover for my 3/5/4 G4ocket (the only unusable cover), but that spurred a green cover offer in the Heroes for Hire store, so I jumped on that and champed them for the LT.

I should have champed them the last time they were featured, but ended up having a RL conflict during the final sub and missed out on the placement I had been on track for, so really happy to get them finished. 

And I think it was with my season 10 pack that got me my first champ level for Peggy for the LT.

The only downside is I burned 5600 HP, which I had been saving up for Anniversary events. Maybe there will be an HP sale...

EDIT: Also beat Chulk's Crash with my 2/1/2 Level 111 Chulk. I really thought I wasn't gonna be able to clear this one, but one of the 11 LTs I pulled was a green Chulk cover, which was apparently enough to get me over the hump. 
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The other day got the last reward in SHIELD Sim in record time (for me). Also, I got a bonus hero Falcon today, giving me a red Cap cover, allowing to finally fully cover the first 4-star I ever got (I joined the game and pulled it when it still had the new character boost). As the resupply had given me sixth yellow Cap this week, I decided to champion him, and the legendary token gave me a Kingpin cover. Kingpin was my second 4-star ever, and until a couple of months ago had been stuck as 0/0/1.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finding out progression for the next PVE gives a red Mockingbird cover, exactly the last cover I need for my 2/5/5 Bobbi. She's definitely going to get champed within the next few weeks. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decided to try to chase down an Ock cover for Hearts of Darkness. First Legendary token... gave me a Daredevil. Nice, but not what I was looking for. Opened the other six tokens I had saved up... All fourstars. Decided to use some CP, and the first pull gave me a blue Doc Ock.
    Then when I tried out the node I sort of wish I hadn't already picked SCL9, but whatever. :) I also need to scrounge up some serious HP in the next weeks to be able to roster everyone...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Colossus cover from DDQ today wasn't yellow, so I was able to Champ him and add a couple of levels. The Legendary Token from that finally gave me a green for Bl4de, so I've got at least one of each of his covers now.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks to a helpful Redditor I recently learned how to join a bracket, i.e., what actions determine when I actually join, and after many, many months of being a T100-200 finisher, I'm currently deep inside T50 territory in Heart of Darkness, and in good shape to get my first Rogue cover, and it's her release event, no less. (Release events normally see me scrambling to even get a T200 spot.)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hit 900 in the Psylocke event, making it 3/3 with no boosted 4* champs. I do have Peggy, though. I may have been able to do it without her, but I'm glad I didn't have to try.

Second best moment would be starting the GSBW event and seeing all those boosted champs. Shame most of their week will be off-season.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Another good one :smiley:

After banking my Taco tokens for months, I finally got a vault worth spending them on, as in it offered a Red Hulk cover and a Kingpin cover, and not only could I use both covers, but the Kingpin cover would let me champion him. I had approx. 170 Taco tokens saved up and I used them all. I got the Legendary Token, and the Red Hulk cover, and the 1,000 HP prize plus a lot of the 250HP prizes, I got 3-star covers, over 100 Health Kits, a bunch of Iso, and more 2-star covers than I knew what to do with. (That's a lie; To The Farm With You!!!), but through it all that Kingpin cover sat there, taunting me.

With over 10,000 HP burning a hole in my MPQ pocket, with nothing better to spend them on (I have every character rostered, except for 5-star Spiderman, and Rogue), and rationalizing that I wouldn't think twice about spending 3,600 on an H4H cover, I started buying Taco tokens, 10 at a time, because while the 40 set is a little cheaper than four sets of 10, it's only a tiny bit cheaper, and I figured if I got Kingpin after buying 30 tokens, it would be cheaper than buying the 40-token set.

I didn't get his cover after buying 30 tokens, or even 40 tokens, so I kept buying them, and eventually, with my HP bank at less than 4,000 (dangerously low, almost too low for an H4H cover), and with maybe 30-40 rewards still left in the vault, I said "fuggeddabouteet" (or something similar), wrote him off, and decided I would just redeem the Taco tokens over the next few days.

A few days later it was the last day for that Vault and Kingpin, true to his nature, was defiant to the very end. Grumbling to myself I did all my DDQ nodes, redeemed the tokens...and I got him!!! I got that damned Kingpin cover on the very last day and he became my 13th 4-star Champion. Oh, happy day!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doc Ock's Final Phase FOR THE WIN! in the 5-star required node.  Right before a Meteor Hammer was going to completely flatten one of the team members.  I used 3-star Strange and 4-star Cage as the other team members.