Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Finished Yondu on Wednesday, I had 4 yellow covers on vine, putting him right at 274. He is now my 24th championed (new ones include: Elektra, Wasp, RULK, Deadpool, Sam Wilson) and 26th 13/13 covered 4*  (new ones: Professor and Invisible Woman). 

Today I maxed out my first 3* character and started on a dupe.

Time to start hoarding CP and ISO for a while. Next 4*s that I'm hoping to finish are Mockingbird (2/0/5 - UGH) and Lockjaw (1/2/1), others are closer to max covers but those two interest me a lot.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I busted my butt and was able to pull out a CL8 1st place finish in Brotherhood. Those 3 C4rol covers brought mine up to 364. Getting so close to having my first max champ 4*. She is boosted in Venom bomb beyond all my champed 5s. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tried holding out for a bracket flip for Slice 4 in SCL 8, but couldn't put it off any longer without risking being late for work. Joined at 988th place. :angry:

But, my one -green-cover 5tar-Lord meant I could play his node, and the event token got me one of the "other" 4* covers in the vault, a black Pun Max. 

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I tried holding out for a bracket flip for Slice 4 in SCL 8, but couldn't put it off any longer without risking being late for work. Joined at 988th place. :angry:

But, my one -green-cover 5tar-Lord meant I could play his node, and the event token got me one of the "other" 4* covers in the vault, a black Pun Max. 

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life. 
    Something good? Something bad? A bit of both?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got my first 5* Champion: Star Lord and my first 2 5* Bonus Heroes: Both OML black last night.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Long story short: I pulled 102 Cosmic Tokens. With them:

1) I covermaxed Surfer at 5/4/4 (from 2/4/3) without dupes, then drew a 14th (Black) cover for him.
    2) I somehow covermaxed Thanos at 3/5/5 (from 2/1/2), again without dupes, and with the help of BH.
    3) I (finally) champed Carol Danvers.

Full story here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67761/mpq-cosmic-project-silver-surfer-and-thanos/p1?new=1
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally got my 3* Grocket to Level 265 for the red Drax cover, the only 4* cover color I didn't have. 

Next project is getting any 4* character not able to win their Crash to the point where they can. Kate Bishop (1/1/1) and Chulk (1/1/2) are definitely in the worst shape. Too bad Chulk's starts Monday. That will likely be the first Crash I haven't completed since Hulkbuster. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bad - Having Invisible Woman take 18K points of damage from a LVL 375 Venom over the course of the first few turns of the game.

Good - Having Cloak and Dagger generate enough black AP for Ghost Rider to one-shot him with a 36K point Penance Stare.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last cp pull before I start the new season hoard:
    5* Thanos, BH Starlord. Promptly champed and got a 4* Starlord with BH Yondu.

Happy day. 
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Professor X is finally championed and I'm very pleased to not waste another bonus cover. Cho has started his ascension towards champion status as his thirteenth cover came entirely out of the blue after a year of being 3/5/4.

My 5/3/3 Carnage is next on the sole BH list to champion based on release date order. But I may save the ISO with the Anniversary events around the corner and my 3/3/3 Devil Dinosaur expecting three covers from the resupply within the next 3-4 months
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hit 800 in Shield Sim*, so I got Lockjaw fully coloured. On the way, I picked up my 13th and 14th Hood covers, so I Champed him. The Legendary Token from that gave me FalCap's red, which was his only missing colour. Pretty satisfying all around.

*Did they leave the MMR breakpoints for Sim the same? I feel like if they had adjusted them for the lower max cap, I would have been getting hit a lot more on that climb, but it was pretty much like getting to 800 in a normal Sim Season, where I usually don't start really getting hit until I reach 1400 or so.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was happy to break my 22-long streak of no 5's with my last pull before the Cosmic Store closed.  Red SS,  1/2/4 now.

@TPF Alexis  I doubt they touched MMR.  Note that a lot of people are blowing past 800, so you may not be a target at lower points.  Also, I think a lot more people jump in for the lower score target 4*, so there are more easy targets (3's etc) floating around.  If you are running champ 4's you are not as worthy of hits as you might normally be.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had some very nice draws yesterday.  With event ends and champ rewards I was able to draw 3 cosmic covers.  I got 2 5* out of that - Starlord and a Surfer Blue.  My Surfer's at 5 blue, but since they're cover swapping I can get a red!  Later in the day I cashed in a Legendary and got a Daredevil yellow.  He's nowhere near covered but I still enjoy collecting 5*s in the hopes that someday they'll be fun to play with.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I was happy to break my 22-long streak of no 5's with my last pull before the Cosmic Store closed.  Red SS,  1/2/4 now.

@TPF Alexis  I doubt they touched MMR.  Note that a lot of people are blowing past 800, so you may not be a target at lower points.  Also, I think a lot more people jump in for the lower score target 4*, so there are more easy targets (3's etc) floating around.  If you are running champ 4's you are not as worthy of hits as you might normally be.
    That's what I thought. It was just kind of weird, hitting 800 in an event where that's the max more easily than I normally hit 575 in an event that maxes at 1200.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hit 800 in Shield Sim*, so I got Lockjaw fully coloured. On the way, I picked up my 13th and 14th Hood covers, so I Champed him. The Legendary Token from that gave me FalCap's red, which was his only missing colour. Pretty satisfying all around.

*Did they leave the MMR breakpoints for Sim the same? I feel like if they had adjusted them for the lower max cap, I would have been getting hit a lot more on that climb, but it was pretty much like getting to 800 in a normal Sim Season, where I usually don't start really getting hit until I reach 1400 or so.
    Same experience here, was just breezing to 800 points and loved it. Got pummeled into oblivion after that but not worried about that after getting the Lockjaw cover.

I've had a much more difficult time breaking through the 700 barrier in Krakadoom. It just wasn't happening, nothing but champed and boosted Hulkbuster/Iceman teams.

Have fun with the Hood!
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got the 1000HP from the Taco Vault for the first time ever - woot! 
    Just what I need after missing out on 450HP due to foolishly selecting CL7 in Venom Bomb w/o Star Lord.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just went 2-0 on the 5* SLC 9 required node with 4* Iceman and 3* Cyclops to pair with the not useful 5* character.

Boom.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After wiping on my 2nd attempt at the 5* essential in SCL9 Unstable Iso, I finally cracked the node with my boosted IW staying invisible and chip-chip-chipping away to victory! Although each match was about 10 minutes long, it looks like I'll be able to do full clears of the 5* node finally!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just got to 900 in Fatal Attraction despite having no boosted 4* champs. That's the second 900 in a row, just one more to go with this sucky boost list. Roll on Thursday's boost list, here's hoping it's nice to me.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After being pushed out of the top 50 in Venom Bomb on the first three subs, all thanks to having no 5* Star Lord, I persisted anyway through sub 4 because I know that people tend to relax more at the end of the event so that would be my chance to gain some ground. Pulled a top 50 on the sub and snuck into the top 50 for the event. It sucks that I have to work so hard to barely make top 50 when I routinely finish top 5-10 but under the circumstances I'll definitely take it.