*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Comments

• cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Currently, Visions blue and yellow fit the comic book so well and the yellow animation is awesome, I would hate to see the concept of density change get lost.

What if his red was passive in the same way that IF black is? If you drop blue or yellow before you have 10 red then they act the same as they do now, but if you drop blue for example after you have 10 red, then he does a heavy strike (except it would only take 5 blue from then on out as long as you have at least 10 red available).

Edit: If Vision is the only red user on the team, after 10 red he would be dangerous even in the AI's hands.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bump for discussion in the old thread.

The changes are an improvement, but the drawback is that any flat power-ups of the existing abilities without changes make him only as good as his tanking. With the changes to 3*/4* damage values, he is only good for 2/3 star play and after heavy investment, when there are much better candidates.

That being said, 5 blue AP to be dealing 1250 match damage is still pretty good. And saving an opposing Vision, Gamora, or Patch for last has its risks if you care about your team's health.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    He would have been much better if they hadn't just lazily buffed his dmg rather than improving his actual mechanics e.g. have his yellow and blue apply to all of his colours even if he isn't tanking them, it is effectively just a temporary strike/protect tile so why should it have yet another needless restriction .
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, really underwhelming. Especially after the well received changes to QS & IM40, I had higher hopes than a small change to the AI (which still won't fix all his problems), and a buff to his damage.

Not surprised there is not increased sell back as there is nothing controversially WORSE than it was before. Not worse than it was before and good are still not the same thing though.

I'm keeping mine just cause I like having a goal every character, plus bonus chance for Cyclops covers as I come across more covers for him. At least he'll still make a good meat-shield for more useful characters (like the aforementioned IM40).
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, this was a nerf. I say that because his most common teammate was KK, and her heal went off every turn because of him using his tiles every chance he got so cheap. Less healing now.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Reading the descriptions, it isn't clear if you can cast Density: Heavy or Density: Light again while the same density tile is presented. The descriptions only say that it destroys the other density tile, but says nothing about the tile that power creates.

If you can create multiples of the same density tile, then we can still spam KK's heal or Prof.X's yellow. But if his blue/yellow is disabled while the corresponding density tile is presented, this in indeed a nerf rather than a buff icon_e_sad.gif
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Where did they say it would be fortified?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Lilith wrote:
    "they" didn't. As of now only green goblin can fortify tiles. I'm not sure where the confusion came from all of the sudden that now all CD tiles will automatically be fortified tiles. That's simply not true
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Jathro wrote:
    Lilith wrote:
    "they" didn't. As of now only green goblin can fortify tiles. I'm not sure where the confusion came from all of the sudden that now all CD tiles will automatically be fortified tiles. That's simply not true

What???? I thought they were just going to give everyone fully covered green goblins so we could enjoy the fortified tile goodness.

Bummer man. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    As expected, he sucks even with the changes icon_e_sad.gif

Also, I tested it and you can't cast the same Density power twice. It simply says he can't and won't allow you to do it. No more stance change dancing to spam special tiles + heals with Prof.X and KK icon_cry.gif
  • Crowl
    himatako wrote:
    Also, I tested it and you can't cast the same Density power twice. It simply says he can't and won't allow you to do it. No more stance change dancing to spam special tiles + heals with Prof.X and KK icon_cry.gif

That seems a stupid decision, they stopped the computer using the power badly, but there are valid reasons why a player wanted to move the position of the density tile e.g. move it away from a cascade that you were just about to set off.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did Heavy Strike Red used to get the Blue damage bonus? I noticed it does now when playing ISO-8 Brotherhood.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Did Heavy Strike Red used to get the Blue damage bonus? I noticed it does now when playing ISO-8 Brotherhood.
    Yes it did. Heavy Strike is by far Vision's best move.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Quebbster wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    He is so fun when featured with heavy strike. If he's not tanking 3 colors, he's just not very useful, IMO.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Quebbster wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    He is so fun when featured with heavy strike. If he's not tanking 3 colors, he's just not very useful, IMO.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vision's power levels have been dropping every patch. Pre attack tile nerf he was very good but underrated (see my previous posts). Post nerf he was mediocre with certain teams while boosted, now he's just bad. The inability to recast the same density is the nail in the coffin. Forcing Prof X / KK / Carnage / OML passives was extremely useful and the ability to generate cascades by destroying his density tile has won me several matches. They nerfed him without implementing any changes that would help him.
  • Crowl
    You could understand why they made the change to the computer version of him to not spam his densities all the time, but they should allow players to recast densities as needed.

While his update really didn't fix the problem with how limited his niche continues to be and that is a great shame after the previously updated characters both turned out quite well, that niche of being useful in a 3* roster when boosted is still there.
  • Is Vision bugged, or am I just misunderstanding how Density:Heavy works? While active, shouldn't he be doing more damage per match (like a strike tile)? I don't see any difference in match damage with or without Heavy active.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bobbydrake wrote:
    Is Vision bugged, or am I just misunderstanding how Density:Heavy works? While active, shouldn't he be doing more damage per match (like a strike tile)? I don't see any difference in match damage with or without Heavy active.
    It should affect match damage, but only when Vision himself makes the match. It's a limited version of a strike tile, basically.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're looking at the damage value on the game board, you won't see the bonus. Look at the number on the target and you'll see the increased damage when Vision makes a match.