*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yaahtzee18 wrote:
    He's sure making short work of this PVE. Keep him as he is please!

He's bugged. Heavy Density's damage buff is applying to all tiles not just his own.
    Some prefer to see it as a feature instead of a bug.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, leave him as he is. Even with the bug, he's still not a top 3*, so wheres the harm?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, leave him as he is. Even with the bug, he's still not a top 3*, so wheres the harm?
    I disagree. put him with any cascade maker (loki, gsbw, kk, fist, xfw, etc) or cheap aoe or cheap spammable stuff, and he'd be completely op. he's fun as heck right now, but no way he's not op (to me). I love using him, but don't love seeing him in sim. try him with a 5* and he just boosts their matching to stupid #s. for 6 blue.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Really wondering if the dev's have realized that the only time people want to actually use this character (other than the fun of it since he's little different) is when he's currently bugged, which should of been a design red flag long ago.

-Red could stand to be 9 cost

-Light Disruption should also target attack tiles, isn't it supposed to be a special tile remover, why is one of the three missing?

-Light Disruption has a nasty side effect of being completely unusable if no enemy special tiles exist, so you're locked out of using it until yellow has run out or have enough AP for blue. A portion of it's damage should always be usable and then gain bonus damage for removing any specials on the board or make it like 3* Bullseye's purple where it can use friendly special tiles.

If they touched on these things I would be less harsh on him.
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If a robot has a glitch, but that "glitch" makes him a more useful and productive robot, is it really a glitch at all?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i love him "bugged" AND boosted and gave him lcaps spot:

- boost blue +2ap, make a single blue match and go to town
    - im40s yellow cds enable his blue and simultaneously charge his red aoe for just shy of 4k team dmg
    - choose a purple/green user, kamalas green aoe hits as hard as his red and her purple while visions blue is on the board is just crazy.

i think i will play this team a lot even if vision is not boosted.
    when they patch him back to his old self they could as well delete him from my roster.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Currently Vision, KK and Quicksilver are tearing up PVE for me...

Use yellow to keep Vision in the game, match the blue and then once you have a little bit of AP built up across the board you let loose the horror....

Quicksilver fires a load of green, as KK makes more with her Purple, and then you use black to fire the QS AoE... its a ridiculous amount of damage in no time at all...

Hell, just a random use of QS Black nets you 6 AP, and does something like a total of 3-4K damage to the target, assuming no cascades... or 4/5 matches...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enjoy it while you can.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    Maybe the glitch will last for CW2, when he'll be boosted as well.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vicious in CW2 combined with OBW. So far, anyways.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have been using Vision in every match in CW2! I thought that the amazing blue damage was because he was boosted, as it was my understanding that the last patch was supposed to fix his bugs? I even went as far as to build him up another 30 or so levels. If the devs are removing his utility, then I would hope they'd give us our ISO back in exchange.
  • bbf2
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    I have been using Vision in every match in CW2! I thought that the amazing blue damage was because he was boosted, as it was my understanding that the last patch was supposed to fix his bugs? I even went as far as to build him up another 30 or so levels. If the devs are removing his utility, then I would hope they'd give us our ISO back in exchange.

I agree. I championed him because of his new abilities. If they decide that it was a mistake and they reneg and nerf him, they need to offer us the option to get the ISO we spent into him back in exchange for restoring him to the level he was at before the change.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    bbf2 wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:

I agree. I championed him because of his new abilities. If they decide that it was a mistake and they reneg and nerf him, they need to offer us the option to get the ISO we spent into him back in exchange for restoring him to the level he was at before the change.

Why do you guys think the dev's will refund your ISO for leveling up and abusing a bugged character that you used for a free ride in easier clearing? There wasn't any changes to him, just bugged.

As of this morning his blue now seems to be affecting damage powers.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You've got more chance of them giving you a million ISO for no other reason than them being nice, than you getting refunded for putting ISO into Vision.
  • bbf2
    Options
    I was being facetious in response to the other guy.
  • MarcusGraves
    Options
    bbf2 wrote:
    I was being facetious in response to the other guy.

Sarcasm or being facetious never really conveys well into text without that vocal tone on top of it.
  • mega ghost
    Options
    bbf2 wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:

Why do you guys think the dev's will refund your ISO for leveling up and abusing a bugged character that you used for a free ride in easier clearing? There wasn't any changes to him, just bugged.

As of this morning his blue now seems to be affecting damage powers.

For the record, I'm not one of the people on here (and there are many) who feels entitled to recompense for every perceived slight, or that claims grave personal injury because something was too challenging or caused me to use too many health packs. This is merely a game that I enjoy, and if I stopped enjoying it, I'd simply stop playing it.

At this point I think I'd finish leveling my Vision one way or another as I'm suddenly sitting on 6 of his covers, but was what I said that unreasonable? Whenever a character is changed, they offer the ability to sell them at a higher ISO / HP value, if you would prefer that over the state of the updated character. The logic in this is that you invested your time and in-game currency (and possibly actual money) for a specific character with specific utility, and having what you invested in change should be met with an opportunity to get at least some of that investment back, to reinvest elsewhere within the game. It keeps everyone happy, and prevents anyone from feeling too sour about making further investments in the future.

I wasn't abusing a bugged character or getting a free ride, as I didn't even know the character was bugged at the time. I honestly hadn't used Vision since they made the updates to him over the winter, and I simply thought I was experiencing said updates in combination with boosted power levels. It made me enjoy playing with him, so I invested in him. There was no in-game notification informing me of any bugs (at least that I saw), and had there been a "Level at your own risk!" message or something similar, that would be another story.

Once again, I'm not even demanding anything here, nor am I annoyed, but it's just disappointing, is all.
  • mega ghost
    Options
    And honestly, if it's felt that this bug creates a scenario in which he's potentially too powerful (even when he's not boosted) in conjunction with characters that create tile cascades, I'd say keep the functionality of his bugged blue intact, but temper it. One option could be revising it so that whenever his blue countdown is on the board, all of the tiles are temporarily converted to bear his icon so any match you make deals boosted damage (while having the drawback of making other character's abilities linked to tiles that bear their icon moot, i.e. Patch Wolverine's 'Best There Is,' AND keeping Vision in front as he'll always be the one making the matches, which just makes him more vulnerable.) If this is still felt to not be enough to balance things, the countdown could also be reduced by a turn or two. If the countdown is only out there for two or three turns, you're going to be more strategic when you use this power, and wait for opportunities in which you can make several matches at once and/or generate cascades, making it so it's not a power that you always have "on" by default as long as you have the AP, because why not.

And I wouldn't mind making his yellow the same... it temporarily converts all of the tiles to bear his icon so he's always the one making matches, thereby keeping him in front, making the power have actual utility.
  • bbf2
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:

And I wouldn't mind making his yellow the same... it temporarily converts all of the tiles to bear his icon so he's always the one making matches, thereby keeping him in front, making the power have actual utility.

That's not a bad thought but that would make it basically identical to Colossus's yellow.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually REALLY like how he is right now and hope that they'll keep him like this. His yellow should work like his blue too but yeah to balance things out the CD tile should be 3 turns instead to prevent too powerful cascade.

At this point, he will boost any attack that isn't from Attack tiles. I'm having fun using his blue with Mr. Fantastic's black. The combo deals 2500+ dmg on every red/green/yellow match icon_e_biggrin.gif