*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Options

Comments

• richterbelmont10
    Options
    How do I maximize Vision's Density: Heavy? It seems I would have to have a team where I would have the most of tiles with his symbol on it for maximum match damage. Any idea what kind of teams would be good for that?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How do I maximize Vision's Density: Heavy? It seems I would have to have a team where I would have the most of tiles with his symbol on it for maximum match damage. Any idea what kind of teams would be good for that?
    Hard to say without knowing your roster, but if you're talking about a 3* team, and you have all available, KK/SW wouldn't be a bad pairing. If you insist on trying to tank all 3 of Vision's colors, maybe IF/Blade. In general, you want to avoid anyone with a red or blue, since you want Vision to tank those and you want to use those abilities.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SW/QS also lets Vision tank all 3 colors and has decent synergy.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MNM
    QS
    Vision

He has red, blue, and yellow to himself if he's higher than MNM. If he's got the highest level, he gets TUP as well.

Not good for defense but..... It's vision. We know what we're working with.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they didn't fix him he would've kicked Ultron in his metallic teeth this event.

sad times.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    He seems buggy to me right now. Just played a round where he ended up as the last one standing, had a heavy countdown tile out, yet I'd make a blue match and it'd hit for the usual value. Then my next turn it would work. Same with the light countdown. Also wanted to get off his Solar attack so waited for the light cd to resolve, it did and the power was still stuck as the light disruption.
  • richterbelmont10
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Hard to say without knowing your roster, but if you're talking about a 3* team, and you have all available, KK/SW wouldn't be a bad pairing. If you insist on trying to tank all 3 of Vision's colors, maybe IF/Blade. In general, you want to avoid anyone with a red or blue, since you want Vision to tank those and you want to use those abilities.
    Kolence wrote:
    SW/QS also lets Vision tank all 3 colors and has decent synergy.
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    MNM
    QS
    Vision

He has red, blue, and yellow to himself if he's higher than MNM. If he's got the highest level, he gets TUP as well.

Not good for defense but..... It's vision. We know what we're working with.
    Thanks. Remind me again: Who's MNM?

Also, would Luke Cage + Iron Fist work well?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    MNM = Marvel Now Magneto

With FistnCage I can see it working in that he would have blue and (probably) red to himself. The yellow would go to Cage and TU depends on who's got the higher level.

I've never thought about trying that team, but it could even scare people off defensively as people don't like dealing with CageFist as it is. As I think about it, if I was going after that team id have to kill Fist 1st, but deny blue at the same time because if Vision has the highest lvl, he needs to denied and can't end up last either.

I think I may try this team as my vision is higher than Cage and Fist. Im just spit-balling right now. Gotta see how it applies.
  • richterbelmont10
    Options
    Tiger Wong wrote:
    MNM = Marvel Now Magneto

With FistnCage I can see it working in that he would have blue and (probably) red to himself. The yellow would go to Cage and TU depends on who's got the higher level.

I've never thought about trying that team, but it could even scare people off defensively as people don't like dealing with CageFist as it is. As I think about it, if I was going after that team id have to kill Fist 1st, but deny blue at the same time because if Vision has the highest lvl, he needs to denied and can't end up last either.

I think I may try this team as my vision is higher than Cage and Fist. Im just spit-balling right now. Gotta see how it applies.
    If you want a scary defensive team, I once fought a 3* champion team of Vision, Kamala Kahn, and someone else. As soon as Vision got just 5 Blue or Yellow AP, he would activate his Density power and KK would heal the whole team 1,000 health every time. It was very annoying!
  • ohp5000
    ohp5000 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I ran vision, im40, kk a lot before I had any 4*. AOE everywhere. In BOP, used vision, im40, JG and could take down any team, fast. (Maybe with an mbw team up for pesky rulk drain).
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Been running Vision and H4H for a bit.

+ they cover the rainbow
    + with Cage at red 5, and vision at 3yellow, they can take a bunch of hits if need be
    + can deal lots of damage VERY cheaply (fist purple, vision blue, cage black) or expensively (visions AOE or Cage yellow) or reflexively (fist attack tiles with strike tiles)

- not a very intuitive team despite covering the rainbow
    - vision needs to have the highest level to tank 3 colors and maximize his (and the teams) damage. It's great when he can tank TUP for that extra 1000+ damage.
    - despite the cheap damage potential, only Fist generates colors/AP. So things can lull.
    - not the fastest team, despite the cheap damage potential.

A cascade of 3 or more and you'll wipe a team out without even knowing what happened. And you should have lots of turns as Cage (and vision if you choose to) can hold opposing damage down. You can really do a lot of damage. But it's not very fast or intuitive. You'll find yourself wondering what color you should do next and in what order should fire powers.

I think it's a good team and I'm gonna let it rock defensively for a couple days to see how it goes. But I like MNM, Vision, QS better. I also like IM40/Vision/KK better despite missing black. Those teams are just plain faster.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Tiger Wong wrote:

+ they cover the rainbow
    + with Cage at red 5, and vision at 3yellow, they can take a bunch of hits if need be
    + can deal lots of damage VERY cheaply (fist purple, vision blue, cage black) or expensively (visions AOE or Cage yellow) or reflexively (fist attack tiles with strike tiles)

- vision needs to have the highest level to tank 3 colors and maximize his (and the teams) damage. It's great when he can tank TUP for that extra 1000+ damage.
    - despite the cheap damage potential, only Fist generates colors/AP. So things can lull.

A cascade of 3 or more and you'll wipe a team out without even knowing what happened. And you should have lots of turns as Cage (and vision if you choose to) can hold opposing damage down. You can really do a lot of damage. But it's not very fast or intuitive. You'll find yourself wondering what color you should do next and in what order should fire powers.

I think it's a good team and I'm gonna let it rock defensively for a couple days to see how it goes. But I like MNM, Vision, QS better. I also like IM40/Vision/KK better despite missing black. Those teams are just plain faster.
    This post is a great example of what is so wrong about this game. I'd love to experiment with oddball combinations like these. But where?? Scaling/mmr based on roster means you can't, unless you want to watch yourself get wiped out.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Well I'm not super leveled up with my 4/5* despite having about 8 3*s championed. I started pretty late in the game.

But I'm not looking for as many easy wins as possible either.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Tiger Wong wrote:

+ they cover the rainbow

This post is a great example of what is so wrong about this game. I'd love to experiment with oddball combinations like these. But where?? Scaling/mmr based on roster means you can't, unless you want to watch yourself get wiped out.
    Trivial nodes in PvE are good places for experiments.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Trivial nodes in PvE are good places for experiments.
    Not really, because you kill them on match damage before you get to do anything...
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Well yeah, but after their levels go up, it becomes more difficult and more fair.
  • Jorit
    Jorit Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What is the best build for Vision any more.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jorit wrote:
    What is the best build for Vision any more.
    I still think 5/5/3 is the best. When in doubt, go for more damage to the enemy instead of less damage to your team. Turtling, especially with just one character, doesn't help you win games much.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

I'd love them to introduce more locked to certain class character fights. Scaling is the main reason why I wont roster 5*s and am scared about taking my 4*s up to champion level. I dont want to write off most of my roster due to the scaling.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wheee! Vision is buffed! Time to use it along IM40 to load up lots of red and blu... what you mean that unbuffed IM40 tanks two of buffed Vision's colours? Thrice-damned flattened progression curve for 3*s between level 200 and 300!

Vision's blue and yellow power need to put him in front for each match while the CDs are out for them to be any useful. In average I'm getting only 1-2 "heavy" matches out of my 5-turns CD, no matter who I pair him with.