*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Options

Comments

• MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was going to drop in a reworked version of him that i'm pretty sure everyone would be quite happy with.

....Then I remember it took them almost 3 years to rework IM40, got kind of sad and just saved it to a doc for whenever I feel like it would matter with them....
  • lomgamer
    lomgamer Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    tell us, miracle can happend
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    addicted to a bug and expects compensation too. what a package
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3*Bullseye is funny with bugged Vision. He gets his black off pretty easy with the crazy match damage and his green creates crazy cascades. These two and 3*Mags clear easy nodes insanely fast and can punch way above their weight class in more difficult nodes as well.
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is this damn bug ever getting fixed (or the power rebalanced). Sick of getting demolished 5 turns in by just match damage and a decent cascade
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Insert25c wrote:
    Is this damn bug ever getting fixed (or the power rebalanced). Sick of getting demolished 5 turns in by just match damage and a decent cascade
    there is a skip button... unless you can overpower him, that's what I recommend.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't think they need to fix the bug. And it seems they are keeping it in on purpose for the time being. Another patch and not "fixed". In 4* land, I'm not going to use Vision much. Possibly in certain PvE scenarios, but not in PvP. This bug doesn't make him extremely OP in 3* land, imo. He may become one of the better 3*, but there are still plenty of other 3* I'd use over him.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    he's not as OP as I thought he'd be. vision/kk/hood has joined my other favorite gamora/fist/hood as fun teams I sometimes put out in shield simulator.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To be fair you could put out kk/hood and Yelena Belova and still get quite a few defensive wins.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BigBZ32 wrote:
    I don't think they need to fix the bug. And it seems they are keeping it in on purpose for the time being. Another patch and not "fixed". In 4* land, I'm not going to use Vision much. Possibly in certain PvE scenarios, but not in PvP. This bug doesn't make him extremely OP in 3* land, imo. He may become one of the better 3*, but there are still plenty of other 3* I'd use over him.

Think this is a soft playtest? The previous round of fixes for vision were basically useless. But this "bug" actually makes him playable but not totally OP imo). So maybe they are waiting to see if his useage goes up a bit (but not too high), before deciding what to do about it?

Or maybe it's just a harder fix and low priority. The Elektra bug was similar (and made her similarly useful but not OP), but that got fixed quickly.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    well - i just championed him, and i'll enjoy playing him with IM40 and KK for a while on the simulator. worst case scenario, they fix him and he goes back to collecting dust on my shelf. but for now, it's a fun little team
  • TxMoose
    Options
    worst case scenario = you end up with some 4cyke covers out of it. i'll take the risk since its been a while and they haven't even mentioned him.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    At this point I think I'd finish leveling my Vision one way or another as I'm suddenly sitting on 6 of his covers, but was what I said that unreasonable? Whenever a character is changed, they offer the ability to sell them at a higher ISO / HP value, if you would prefer that over the state of the updated character. The logic in this is that you invested your time and in-game currency (and possibly actual money) for a specific character with specific utility, and having what you invested in change should be met with an opportunity to get at least some of that investment back, to reinvest elsewhere within the game. It keeps everyone happy, and prevents anyone from feeling too sour about making further investments in the future.

I wasn't abusing a bugged character or getting a free ride, as I didn't even know the character was bugged at the time. I honestly hadn't used Vision since they made the updates to him over the winter, and I simply thought I was experiencing said updates in combination with boosted power levels. It made me enjoy playing with him, so I invested in him. There was no in-game notification informing me of any bugs (at least that I saw), and had there been a "Level at your own risk!" message or something similar, that would be another story.

Once again, I'm not even demanding anything here, nor am I annoyed, but it's just disappointing, is all.

When the Vision was changed some time ago (and several updates prior to this recent bug) they did not offer any increased sale value because he wasn't reworked, he was simply buffed with no actual mechanics changes.

If you are asking for increased sale value because you put iso into the character while they were bugged then that is simply tough luck.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I also champed due to bug, and will have no ill will if/when it changes again- I'll fondly remember the ride either way. This run of Venom Bomb, Battlebot version of Vision has regularly offed Carnage before the feeder Scythe train gets rolling, and that alone has been worth the price that was paid!
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dear D3, pls do not touch vision anymore. He is perfect just the way he is currently!
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to say that this "glitch" is the best thing to happen to Vision, he is not overpowered but he is now a very usable solid 3-star. I still target groups with him in PVP it just changes the order of who I attack, he now has to be removed first not second. He still requires specific team mates to shine and his powers cannot 1-shot anybody unless a cascade is well planned or you are very lucky. They should leave him be, lets keep our fingers crossed they do.
  • wvblueandgold
    wvblueandgold Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree. I hated Vision forever. I sold at least 10 covers over the past year because I had no desire to ever level him up. Now he's one of my favorite characters. If his blue goes back to the way it was, he will go back to someone I never use again.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree. I hated Vision forever. I sold at least 10 covers over the past year because I had no desire to ever level him up. Now he's one of my favorite characters. If his blue goes back to the way it was, he will go back to someone I never use again.

As long as this bug is in effect, he is easily in the top 5 of best 3* characters, especially when champed because he performs the role of MASSIVE team damage increase at a very cheap cost and brings a hard hitting AOE

At max champ, blue is a 1279 damage boost to the team for only 5 AP which is the most insane value in the entire game I believe and then his AOE is 2732 plus the 1279 from the blue for a 4011 bomb. Use IM40 to pretty easily build up red, make few red matches when possible if you can't find yellow or CD's is counting down, have 20 red, slam enemy team for 8022 damage with heavy strike x2.

Right now I use KK to fill the purple/green and have another AOE, but if I had a finished JG I would swap her in to have 2 more AOEs that both have high damage/utility and a passive that can buy me 2 turns worth of time for AP gathering or letting the CD's count down w/o interference. Iceman would also be a disgusting swap in for that team.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I personally find fighting against him interesting. I'm having to find new ways to trick the AI into playing around heavy slam, which is always interesting.
    He is a character I constantly wish I had leveled anyways, but even moreso now haha. I've always wanted to run a Heavy + Imaginaut combo icon_e_sad.gif
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Try him with Richards and OBW, three character who do extra damage on multiple matches, I would love to try this but I do not have enough of Richards for him to tank most of the colors and I think that this would be essential for this team to work.