*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

1131415161719»

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Wheee! Vision is buffed! Time to use it along IM40 to load up lots of red and blu... what you mean that unbuffed IM40 tanks two of buffed Vision's colours? Thrice-damned flattened progression curve for 3*s between level 200 and 300!

Vision's blue and yellow power need to put him in front for each match while the CDs are out for them to be any useful. In average I'm getting only 1-2 "heavy" matches out of my 5-turns CD, no matter who I pair him with.
    I noticed this too. I put Vision front and center and tried to bury IM40 in the third (right) spot thinking Vision would tank all three of his colors buffed. I really like Vision, but he's so hard to work into viable teams because he's only effective when he carries his colors.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Yep this is why he sucks still, it is so hard to find a color he tanks especially when you have a mix of champion levels he is unusable. Even though it was a glitch the best version of him was when, as long as heavy strike was out, he applied his extra damage to the matches. He definitively needs another rework. How about as soon as his yellow or blue power is cast he automatically tanks red, blue and yellow, once the countdown is over it goes back to normal. That fix would make him usable again.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    They seriously need to make his powers apply to his colours even if he isn't tanking them, he would instantly become viable for players in the 3*-4* range without him being boosted.
  • Dormammu
    I don't really use Vision's yellow power, but the problem with Heavy is that the extra damage is added separately. If it was included into his match damage Vision could temporarily tank -all- colors. That would equate to roughly 5k damage over the life of the 4-turn countdown tile, if it survived the whole 4 turns, which wouldn't be that overpowered for the 3* tier.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I always used him with loki and that team is awesome but for hulk pve I added in moon knight (low level but covered correctly) and have been doing pretty damn well. Vision tanks all 3 colors and tus. Just gotta be smart how you use him.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Since there was his PvP event recently, and it was extremely boring having to use him, can we please buff him or do something with his design? If I'm going to be forced to use a character in an event, I'd like the character to be somewhat interesting to use. 

Some suggestions:

Blue

- Stop restricting the bonus match damage to only when he makes a match. This happened once before when there's a Vision's blue bug that apply his bonus damage to other member's match damage. It made him much more playable without making him too OP. His blue CD tile can now be like Okoye's black that only applies to all match damage and his red.

- Or, now that we have a power to modify "base match damage", his blue should do this instead so he'll tank when he makes a match.

Yellow

I'm not really sure what's the point of this power. It sucks as a defensive power, since it requires keeping the tile alive while making a match that will result in Vision tanking. All the other tanking power put the tanking character at the front automatically, which should be what his yellow does. 

Using it when there is no enemy special tiles on the board also lock him out of any offensive option since you can't fire his red. The damage per tile converted is also not enough to make this worth it, and it only get rids of 2 tiles, with the types of special tiles being restricted to either strike or protect on top of that. 

So... his yellow isn't good for anything at all. Some ideas:

- Make his yellow works like Spider Woman's black, but perhaps with a lower threshold. Just enough for him to ignore any all match damage while in this mode.

- Light Disruption should do one of the following:
    • Deal base damage + bonus damage per special tile converted
    • Deal team damage
    • Target more number of special tiles
    In any case, Light Disruption should target attack tiles as well. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:

Using it when there is no enemy special tiles on the board also lock him out of any offensive option since you can't fire his red. The damage per tile converted is also not enough to make this worth it, and it only get rids of 2 tiles, with the types of special tiles being restricted to either strike or protect on top of that. 

In any case, Light Disruption should target attack tiles as well. 
    It does. I can't remember when this changed, but I was quite shocked when the AI pulled this on me the other day.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since he's now confirmed to be the least used 3-star, it's time to make some changes.  Honestly, I'd like to see the tiles change to his symbol if his "Density: Heavy" ability gives him enough damage to tank the colors.  If he does an extra 1200 pts of damage (like he's doing in the most current PvE when he's the required 3-star and boosted) then by all means, change the tiles to show his symbol, and let him tank!  My champed Vision is relatively low level as well, since was recently sold off due to Max Champing, so a Max Champed, Boosted one would really tear through things.

Likewise, let him tank when he's got his "Density: Light" tile going on, like Colossus or Thanos do with their abilities that bring them to the front.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    After his second rework he was "glitching" where every match made got the benefit from the blue everything else stayed the same he was a solid character at that point.  He was probably a top 10 3 when the glitch was happening, you notice the damage very quickly but he was not broken in any way.  He just does not tank enough colors when paired with 4's and 5's to make him viable when boosted and since we can no longer spam his blue or yellow power his partners are even more limited than before.  He needs another rework.

Where are you seeing the usage data can you paste a link I am very interested in seeing that.  Thanks
  • Dormammu

Vision simply needs his blue countdown to increase his base match damage by a percentage, like how Ghost's passive works, rather than add damage after the match. His yellow countdown should behave like Colossus' yellow countdown.

There. Now vision is a top-tier 3-star without being overpowered. The developers can send my check by mail.