*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want to apologize to the Devs about vision. I originally thought he was tinykitty and had no plans on leveling him. Well I had close to 200k ISO built up when Man Made PVP started so I decided to take him to 166 and WOW. I was really surprised how much fun he was with the right team. I decided to run him in simulator to see if it was just the massive buff and I still like him. He reminds me of Gamora in the sense that when she is in the middle and ownes the most tiles watch out.
    Vision defiantly is not making me regret the ISO and he will help my team in PVE and simulator. I will test him out in PVP when he does not own the middle position to see if he is as useful, but for now, to D3 I am sorry. I really thought he was Junk but he is really fun to play.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Options
    Which are the best team where Vision works best?
    Am I wrong or Kamala sounds like a good partner for his passive yellow?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheHood wrote:
    Anyone that need power triggers or countdowns on the board should work well with Vision. Kamala Khan, Professor X and Kingpin are the one that come to mind immediately. I suppose Beast qualifies too for the blue special tile.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheHood wrote:

I've made a million posts about Vision, go back a few pages and check them. Vision is most efficient with attack tiles so IF, Carnage and Professor X are best. Punisher, Storm and Blade work too but it takes them longer to get tiles out.

Kingpin has decent syngery with color wheel and the ability to kp black a Vision blue with 1 turn left.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think players misconception all along is that he was weak, but as I said many posts back. Gamora, Vision, Captain Marvel and to some extent Patch if you want TBTI working, but all fall into that category of having to be maxed and tanking to be good, if not they are subpar. Of those 3, Vision is heads and shoulders better, he still is lacking a little punch on his red, and by that I mean red without any tiles out needs to be doing more dmg than what it is. As I said before, it's an infinity stone inside his head, that should do more dmg than Cyclops or close to it as Vision has more health but not by very much.
  • TheHood wrote:
    no, they aren't good partners because of his nonexistant passive yellow ability, but yes, they are good partners
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think players misconception all along is that he was weak, but as I said many posts back. Gamora, Vision, Captain Marvel and to some extent Patch if you want TBTI working, but all fall into that category of having to be maxed and tanking to be good, if not they are subpar. Of those 3, Vision is heads and shoulders better, he still is lacking a little punch on his red, and by that I mean red without any tiles out needs to be doing more dmg than what it is. As I said before, it's an infinity stone inside his head, that should do more dmg than Cyclops or close to it as Vision has more health but not by very much.

YES NO NERF CONFIRMED
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Nerf went live, he's now pretty terrible.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigh. I kind of enjoyed using him on my b teamwith doc oc against goon teams in pve. Same with 3* bullseye. Don't think I will be doing much with either of them now.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:

I'm not sure wasn't always terrible. The fact that his ability's change tied to a countdown tile that destroyed it's own countdown tiles made him pretty unthreatening to begin with. Seriously, I think a lot of my complaints about him could be rectified if he stayed in either heavy or light form ALWAYS (no more countdown tiles), and the change was based on which ability (yellow or blue) he used most recently. Make those abilities something of some utility for cheap AP (I'm thinking 3-6 tops). This would keep his red as it is swapping between the two vaguely useful forms and removing the useless base form.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

I'm not sure wasn't always terrible. The fact that his ability's change tied to a countdown tile that destroyed it's own countdown tiles made him pretty unthreatening to begin with. Seriously, I think a lot of my complaints about him could be rectified if he stayed in either heavy or light form ALWAYS (no more countdown tiles), and the change was based on which ability (yellow or blue) he used most recently. Make those abilities something of some utility for cheap AP (I'm thinking 3-6 tops). This would keep his red as it is swapping between the two vaguely useful forms and removing the useless base form.

He did a lot of damage very quickly with blue + attack tiles (Carnage, PX, IF). If it was permanent it'd arguably be broken. Now that it no longer modifies them it might be time to change them to a permanent-until-removed tile.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    He did a lot of damage very quickly with blue + attack tiles (Carnage, PX, IF). If it was permanent it'd arguably be broken. Now that it no longer modifies them it might be time to change them to a permanent-until-removed tile.

He would still destroy his existing tiles for no purpose besides wasting AP that could potentially be used by other team members. If his yellow and blue had some function besides activating heavy or light mode, it would have some justification.
  • Clamoe100
    Options
    Does anyone use this character? Best teammates?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clamoe100 wrote:

I have him max-level at 5/5/3 and quite enjoy using him in PVE with 3* Daken/Bullseye or Daken/IFist.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Clamoe100 wrote:

I have him max-level at 5/5/3 and quite enjoy using him in PVE with 3* Daken/Bullseye or Daken/IFist.
    Yes, he's quite fun when boosted with a 5/5/3 build. Launch Heavy Density, then Heavy Strike, and you dish out a lot of damage. I loved when he was essential in Enemy of the State, he really chewed through all those ninja waves...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    he's one I like to use with im40. problem is that they are both at 120 and will probably stay there a long time, so at the same level, vision only tanks red, which is problem. so at the same level, he's only useful when boosted with im40. a good third there is blade or any of the many characters that include black/purple/green (kk, witch, loki, etc.). he works well with mnmags too (another blue/red feeder). good thirds there are yellow/black/green guys and include qs (one of the only places I'd suggest him), hood, cage (xf and mostorm make rainbow but a little too much board shake when you want his cd to stay out there). hood and cage both take his yellow but if they're not higher level, can keep vision on the blue/red that you want.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    I use QS and Loki with him. Full rainbow actives, everyone does board shake. Try to get as much board shake as possible with Heavy tile out to cause more damage and AP generation.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vision is fun when he tanks almost every color. I've run him with CMags and a baby Hood in PvE so he fires his blue and wrecks shKITTYt on every color but black...

He's also fun with 3* Bullseye...if 3BE gets a kill, damage gets super-massive!
  • I just did over 5000 damage to each team member using visions heavy strike. The description says I should be doing 3882 damage. (Buffed) obviously.

What gives? I tried it in the next match, same thing. Am I missing something?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    scvready2 wrote:
    I just did over 5000 damage to each team member using visions heavy strike. The description says I should be doing 3882 damage. (Buffed) obviously.

What gives? I tried it in the next match, same thing. Am I missing something?
    Add the Density: Heavy bonus damage to it icon_e_smile.gif
    Yup. That's the main reason you want a 5/5/3 build. icon_e_smile.gif
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I want to apologize to the Devs about vision. I originally thought he was tinykitty and had no plans on leveling him. Well I had close to 200k ISO built up when Man Made PVP started so I decided to take him to 166 and WOW. I was really surprised how much fun he was with the right team. I decided to run him in simulator to see if it was just the massive buff and I still like him. He reminds me of Gamora in the sense that when she is in the middle and ownes the most tiles watch out.
    Vision defiantly is not making me regret the ISO and he will help my team in PVE and simulator. I will test him out in PVP when he does not own the middle position to see if he is as useful, but for now, to D3 I am sorry. I really thought he was Junk but he is really fun to play.

I see this post very late, but I want to echo wymtime comments.

Vision when maxed is very fun. Especially when he is boosted. Even with the "nerf" to the strike tile ownership, he is still very good with his blue ability. A few cascades and he is doing onwards of a few thousand dmg.

You usually leave him till the last since he is not seen as threatening. At the same time when you leave him till last, his blue ability is going to make you suffer heavy dmg.

I am going to enjoy this pvp, since I have him maxed.