Avengers vs Ultron Run 2 Score Targets

Comments

• itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Few things I wanted to mention here.
    1. Great job on Kabir & Demiurge's part for listening to the players, coming clean, and offering to make amends. There very easily could have been NO compensation for anyone.
    2. Congrats to The Best and Deadpool's (Tacos? Order? Chimi?). You guys and gals did something amazing this event and you deserve your extra 4* cover.
    3. I know I give The Best a hard time about their alliance name being misleading (The Best(ish)), but they really earned it this time. Also, it's a joke people. I have nothing but love and respect for JBK and the rest of the crew. Except Venser. He can eat a tinykitty. j/k
    4. Anyone that thinks that there was a "last minute change' to run 2 as far as health goes is delusional. It was a 4* release and it's safe to say that it was always intended to be harder.
    5. Realistically I think we'll see the late round health come down a bit overall. Likely in r6, 7 and 8. This should allow the same number of alliances to clear those rounds, but also allow more alliances to clear r8.
    6. I agree with JBK that I'm sure some of the alliances could have finished r7 or even r8 had they'd hit the ground running at the start with 20 people, but a lot of the people whining on here likely couldn't have. So suck it up and be realistic. F2P is a marathon, not a sprint.
    I probably have more to say, but I'm tired.

There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing mods call people whiners. Oh sorry, was your mod hat not on, I guess it's cool then.

Even better when they make broad statements with zero support. Can I say to everyone that is backing d3 that they are slurpers? Doubtful so the mod should apologize for the name calling.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is great for top100 alliances, but what happens to the rest? We played 'hard' for a casual alliance like we are but we could not end round 6. We scored a lot more than in Ultron round 1 but we get no reward at all!

And with this you just reward some players not all of us, why just the ones that got to round7 ??? We all were affected for this extra high scores for all the rounds. You should reward us all, not just a minority of players icon_e_sad.gif

This is very unfair...
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Completely totally freaking dissatisfied with D3 and MPQ at the moment. Ultron ruined my alliance (lost four of our best guys to burn-out), ruined our spirit, and our will, and because I did good (and worked really hard to make up for network issues) but not quite good enough, I don't get all the free covers everyone else got or the 10-packs going out... just four tokens that were filled with Moonstones. We gave up in round 7 because the work didn't prove worth it for that next Hulkbuster cover. We could've been there if all our players could play from the beginning. But they couldn't. And having the ridiculously high HP Ultron made it impossible. So now I'm getting burned again by getting jack. I've invested a lot in this game in the last nearly 400 days now, and D3 isn't giving anything back or showing any respect to players like me. Ultron also ruined my chance to get the Black 3* Hulk cover in Children of the Atom because the game was down so I couldn't earn the progression. But let's just ignore the other things Ultron problems ruined (because D3 is). These rewards are nice for some people, but like I said, being a hard worker screwed me for round 1 reward compensations, and giving up on round 2 because the whole thing just turned out to be a garbage event screwed me out of a ten-pack now.
  • I would just like to say i love all the best members and being with them for so long (since before expansions)..they r simply the best...yes i spent some money...but ive also put in alot of work...sad to see all the friends that have left with mpq being so grind-y...all 20 did great work on the ultron work...the top 10 in our alliance were perfect...i finished #12 in our group i think...but we all did our best...i find it amazing that only 2 alliances finished....BIG ups to DP tacos...

....great job best and jbk is the best of the best!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    raisinbman wrote:
    PLEASE RECONSIDER NEXT TIME YOU RUN IT!!!!!!

You're assuming the ultron event will run again? That's wishful thinking. icon_twisted.gif
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    puppychow wrote:
    You're assuming the ultron event will run again? That's wishful thinking. icon_twisted.gif
    I might make sense to run the Ultron event again around the DVD release date or something...
  • puppychow
    I appreciate the fact that D3 is willing to give some compensation over round 8 snaffu. However, I think more alliances could have reached r8 IF players didn't get screwed over in ultron 1 event---server down for hours at launch and end, missing points after completion of nodes, lockout after round 8 is cleared---that contributed to many players not receiving a single Scarlett Witch--which coincidentally was needed for TWO ultron 2 essential nodes per round. yes, many players eventually got their SW covers, but the distribution occurred far too late to help their alliances reach round 8. I feel like D3 is sweeping this under the rug. icon_e_confused.gif
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    So has anybody gotten this 10 pack yet?
  • puppychow wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    PLEASE RECONSIDER NEXT TIME YOU RUN IT!!!!!!

they rerun everything
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    trat73 wrote:
    Nope.
  • trat73 wrote:

Negative
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Guys could you chime in here with your alliance names and levels completed?
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29062
  • Matthewking72
    Matthewking72 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Phantron wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    F2P Veterans ran with our normal crew and completed Round 7. So no, you don't have to pay your way to the top.

That just illustrates how stupid this situation is because they're rewarding people who didn't even spend money for a fairly arbitary reason. From looking at the health in each round in run 2 we can tell they're much higher by a fairly consistent pattern so it's not like one round was especially more difficult than the round before or after, but while all rounds are unreasonably tough apparently it only matters if you were beating the unreasonably tough round 7 or 8 but the unreasonably tough round 5 or 6? That clearly doesn't matter. Although people will always cry about P2W, rewarding the guys who paid a lot would certainly be a lot fairer than rewarding people for completely random reasons. This is the same issue as scaling, as scaling randomly rewards people (and is quite heavily weighted toward the guys not paying much) just like this Ultron event (all you need is play the game a lot, because Ultron isn't even that hard) and that'll surely motivate people to spend money knowing that getting rewarded has nothing to do with spending money?

Garbage....complete, unadulterated, non-sensical, garbage. You are saying that only people that spend a lot of money should get compensated. With no regard to the amount of work or effort that was used. There isn't a sarcasm font that I know of, so maybe I missed that you were joking? How is making getting to Round 8 "random reasons"? You may not agree with where they drew the line for compensation, but to say that it is "random reasons" is tinykitty. And saying that only people that spend a lot of money should be compensated screams of unwarranted entitlement. Some of the other posts talked about "the rich getting richer", or something like that. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see where there was a "Buy Me" button for doing a clear every 8 hours for 4.5 days. Did I miss that? No? Well then, maybe it was due to the insane time committement that went into gettign to Round 8 or, as in the case with two groups of demented individuals (nothing but love and respect), actually beating the toaster-faced piece of tinykitty. I don't agree with everything about the compensation they are doing, but I do like they they are respecting/compensating the people that got as far as most humans could go (round 8). If you think others should have gotten compensation, please at least give a better reason than "but I spent a lot of money". It reminds me of the whiney kid in the department store that everybody wants to smack.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Personally, I'd prefer getting the black HB cover over getting the chance of getting more HB covers via the 10 pack.
    But that's just me, after buying a ten pack that gave me zero HBs icon_e_wink.gif

Can't really be disappointed with compensation that was priced at 5000 HP - thank you.

And kudos for coming out and saying how many alliances really finished that thing - I still remember vague claims from way back when the 3 XF covers were the prog rewards that some people, somewhere, got those, allegedly, without any proof of that.

+1 for open communication & a timely decision about compensation.
    The expected value from the 10 pack is like 4/10th of a HB cover
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Spoit wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Personally, I'd prefer getting the black HB cover over getting the chance of getting more HB covers via the 10 pack.
    But that's just me, after buying a ten pack that gave me zero HBs icon_e_wink.gif

Can't really be disappointed with compensation that was priced at 5000 HP - thank you.

And kudos for coming out and saying how many alliances really finished that thing - I still remember vague claims from way back when the 3 XF covers were the prog rewards that some people, somewhere, got those, allegedly, without any proof of that.

+1 for open communication & a timely decision about compensation.
    The expected value from the 10 pack is like 4/10th of a HB cover

The worth is relative to your roster, but those receiving it probably have great rosters so I would say you are being very generous with that number. I don't expect to get anything useful from it, and I hope nobody else get's their hopes up because only a minority will get something.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    It is amazing to see people not even down round 6 to be demanding compensation. And others whining about the pack? Geez.

That said, I don't have high hopes of getting anything either. I just opened 13 event tokens and got a single gold (can't use). I only got 2 gold out of all the tokens in both Ultron events. So I guess either I am extremely unlucky, or the 28% is entirely inaccurate.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Still no Ultron 10-pack issued for me (8:25am EST). C'mon HB pull!!!
  • puppychow
    Maybe customer support is too swamped dealing w/ tickets to issue 10 packs to ppl? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's my take on the compensation... I mean additional reward for people who reached level 8...

I think it's a bit disheartening to pretty much the entire player base that were negatively impacted by Run 1 and the lack of communication on the part of D3.
    The spreadsheet referred to earlier clearly shows that if you didn't do perfect refreshes every time, AND clear everything up to a certain level on day 1... you weren't going to make it.
    Those impacted by the stalled progression points in round 1, did not get Quicksilver covers. He was essential in round 1, and was essential a couple of times in round 2. Those that did not get SW covers from round 1 because of Server issues and were not compensated until day 3 of round 2, were AT BEST only able to clear 3 of 5 nodes up until day 3, this put them out of reach of Ultron level 6,7 and 8.
    Those alliances that slowed down in order to let their weaker members gain more benefits from the earlier levels put themselves behind by a refresh and instantly were excluded from clearing level 8 mathematically.
    ALL of these instances were a result of D3 server issues, D3 lack of communication about the expectations of Round 2, and D3 being VERY LATE in compensating many with their ESSENTIAL SW cover. The player actually had very little control over whether or not they were able to actually clear level 6, 7 or 8.

Personally I scored somewhere between 1.5-1.8 million in round 2. We were still just short of clearing Round 7 by 2 million. I played harder as a 3* transitioning player than I have any other event for Ultron parts 1 and 2. I was not impacted by missing QS or SW, but our alliance did slow down at the beginning to allow people to actually play since higher levels had higher scaling. Had we been given the Health Amounts for Ultron run 1 and run 2, alliances would have planned it out and known how to run the clears and you would have had a whole lot more alliances clear level 7 and be stuck on 8.

This communication from the devs, although it seems like an apology with compensation, is actually giving positive reinforcement to NOT helping out alliance mates, and promotes an every man for himself withing a 20 man group mentality, which violates the very concept of an alliance.

I come away from this feeling that I was impacted negatively by D3's lack of communication of Run 2 expectations, and penalized for working like a functioning caring alliance. I come away feeling that to succeed in an Alliance based event, I have to leave my alliance and join a bunch of strangers who could care less about me, and only want me to run every clear perfectly and optimally, and if I don't, I cost them the top prize because D3 only expects 40 people out of THOUSANDS to actually complete the Alliance based event... and believe everything is on Target. We already have this type of behavior in every other PVE type you have, you just have to get your mercs BEFORE the event starts instead of after.

It saddens me that they believe their only issue was the level 8 health. It saddens me that the people who did manage to clear 7 are content with the "compensation"... and they should be because it is actually a reward, not compensation... and calling anyone that feels this was not satisfactory a 'whiner'.

The Ultron event was a wonderful event, and has a lot of potential. Run 1 was fun, but needed fixing. Run 2 was horrible, and completely out of touch with reality. If I had known it was going to be run as a hardcore event with only 2 alliances expected to finish due to perfect play, I could have saved some stress and not played Run 2. I came away from run 2 with 1 HulkBuster, 3 SW (not a bad haul for one normal event, but not good for 9 days of busting my hump) and a bad taste in my mouth for D3. It has sullied my enjoyment of the game, and the lack of compensation (acknowledgment for my efforts) only adds to the hurt feelings. I will keep playing, but my love for the game has been reduced to a like of the game in general. My respect for the development team was lost as a result of this Original Post instead of improved.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    JVReal wrote:

Lots and lots of words

I agree.

I really did like the event. And I love that they are trying new things. But they really shouldn't be releasing new characters and/or requiring new characters as essentials in these brand new events.

My 2¢ anyway.