Avengers vs Ultron Run 2 Score Targets

Comments

• Oh I have very little faith they will actually fix stuff, don't get me wrong icon_e_biggrin.gif

As said before the server stuff is a joke. But in terms of communication, not blaming other factors (that post about this new event being risky and servers being down is just a result of that risk was hilarious) and so on, the post is actually a decent one by them and I can't really fault them for it.

Probably helps that if they ever run that Ultron event again I am not even starting it, let along grinding it. Whole thing was fun for about 30 minutes.
  • Oh I have very little faith they will actually fix stuff, don't get me wrong icon_e_biggrin.gif

As said before the server stuff is a joke. But in terms of communication, not blaming other factors (that post about this new event being risky and servers being down is just a result of that risk was hilarious) and so on, the post is actually a decent one by them and I can't really fault them for it.

Probably helps that if they ever run that Ultron event again I am not even starting it, let along grinding it. Whole thing was fun for about 30 minutes.
    I'd agree with you if Ultron was one of the most lucrative events in MPQ besides, like...Anniversary stuff. I guess I'll just have to merc or not care about Ultron round 7-8 next time they do it for a 4*
  • Dekliko1978
    Dekliko1978 Posts: 93
    Hey everyone,
    TL;DR: Score targets are hard, and we set this one too high. We're sorry. Please enjoy some additional rewards.

Thanks Kabir

slidecage wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    I find it ironic they decided to compensate handsomly the guys who already got the most out of the event

well they keep feeding the beast that is why they get the rewards. Pay the money and they will give you stuff

Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups. I'm on MPQ day 483 and I've only bought the 2900 HP offer once when it was on sale. But you know what will give you stuff: working for it!! and of course being with an awesome group of people who made this possible.

Nice that Colognoisseur gets 1000 iso for his efforts.

LOL
  • Davyx wrote:
    Congrats to the two teams that beat round 8!

This is going to come out sounding sour, but it looks like not trusting the devs' information actually paid off in an additional IMHB + cover of your choice. It definitely was a wise decision to be overly cautious.
    Just want to respond to this and also clarify mouser's comments earlier in this thread.

It's not that we didn't trust what the devs said. Our initial Round 2 plan was based on Ultron having the same health as in Round 1. But we had devoted people doing calculations (Mouser, Colog, NoMistake, among others) along the way, meticulously comparing the numbers of Round 1 vs Round 2. Once it became clear that Ultron's health had gone up, we changed strategies.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, I'd prefer getting the black HB cover over getting the chance of getting more HB covers via the 10 pack.
    But that's just me, after buying a ten pack that gave me zero HBs icon_e_wink.gif

Can't really be disappointed with compensation that was priced at 5000 HP - thank you.

And kudos for coming out and saying how many alliances really finished that thing - I still remember vague claims from way back when the 3 XF covers were the prog rewards that some people, somewhere, got those, allegedly, without any proof of that.

+1 for open communication & a timely decision about compensation.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    raisinbman wrote:
    They basically said Rounds 1-7 were on target, and the only reason we didn't meet round 8 was because we gave up.

Indeed, Kabir's post troubles me for the content of the post and the TLDR concluding it feels very dissonant to me. That and the concept of spinning compensations into rewards (I had no chance at finishing the event so I'm not personnaly miffed, but I feel for all those who could and gave up when they realized it was not possible for them past day 1 to achieve end goal).
  • That's the kind of communication we want to see more often. Thank you for the effort.

It also means a lot to get some recognition for the efforts we put in this game. Thanks for that also.

Avengers vs Ultron was draining, especially because we had so many events running at the same time. I had terrible headaches for 2 days after that.

Please think about that in the future. Many guys left the game after this marathon.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Join us, we are The Best (6 alliances, 5 ranging from top 10 to top 100)

Im proud that Im part of this group !
  • This is awesome. Big thanks to the devs.

Also, major congrats to the 40 hardcore players who beat Ultron 8.
  • I still think theirs to much whining going on about people saying they would have done it if they knew about the health increase. I don't believe them, fix the server issues (priority) keep ultron health the same until round 8 and give him 16 million health instead of 15 million and we can see how many top alliances can really make it.
  • I still think theirs to much whining going on about people saying they would have done it if they knew about the health increase. I don't believe them, fix the server issues (priority) keep Ultron health the same until round 8 and give him 16 million health instead of 15 million and we can see how many top alliances can really make it.

I don't know if we would have made it to the end, but we surely would have played differently. 4 of us didn't even start the event until round 4/5, because we wanted to make sure to spread the rewards evenly and try to make most of us reach the 1M progression reward. When we realized how big the HP increase actually was, it was already FUBAR. We didn't give up because we "couldn't see the finish line", but because we clearly saw it and it was mathematically beyond our reach.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I still think theirs to much whining going on about people saying they would have done it if they knew about the health increase. I don't believe them, fix the server issues (priority) keep ultron health the same until round 8 and give him 16 million health instead of 15 million and we can see how many top alliances can really make it.

I was in a PVE alliance that closed R7 with 20 minutes to spare, and our PVP alliance had closed R7 an hour and a half before that. I personally put up over 1.6 million points. Neither team would have closed R8 even if we had known about it from the beginning; we just didn't have 20 people who could hit every single node and clear successfully 5-6 times every 8 hours like clockwork. You guys did, and that's amazing, I was hoping someone would get it when we saw the screencaps circulate through Line.

R7 was too frigging much, never mind round 8. We could reshuffle players to set it up so that we could get maybe 10 teams that would finish R8 with the Ultron2 totals untouched at the cost of leaving more teams unable to finish R7. I don't think that's better.

Requiring that everyone play perfectly is not the solution -- the solution is to actually have this be a fun game, and that means reasonable targets even for a new 4*.

Demiurge, please, the thing to remember is that this was a 4.5 day grind after a 4.5 day run and both had connection issues. We all wanted the event to be fun. The first one was fun. The second one felt like an endless slog, in part because the same event was being run back to back as a 9.5 day marathon releasing the 5th new character in 6 weeks.

The Ultron 10-pack is awesome, thank you -- if you could let us know how many alliances finished R7 that would be a great metric too. I still think that some compensation for alliances that opened R7 is in order; throw them 3 tokens, and R6 openers 1 token.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Few things I wanted to mention here.
    1. Great job on Kabir & Demiurge's part for listening to the players, coming clean, and offering to make amends. There very easily could have been NO compensation for anyone.
    2. Congrats to The Best and Deadpool's (Tacos? Order? Chimi?). You guys and gals did something amazing this event and you deserve your extra 4* cover.
    3. I know I give The Best a hard time about their alliance name being misleading (The Best(ish)), but they really earned it this time. Also, it's a joke people. I have nothing but love and respect for JBK and the rest of the crew. Except Venser. He can eat a tinykitty. j/k
    4. Anyone that thinks that there was a "last minute change' to run 2 as far as health goes is delusional. It was a 4* release and it's safe to say that it was always intended to be harder.
    5. Realistically I think we'll see the late round health come down a bit overall. Likely in r6, 7 and 8. This should allow the same number of alliances to clear those rounds, but also allow more alliances to clear r8.
    6. I agree with JBK that I'm sure some of the alliances could have finished r7 or even r8 had they'd hit the ground running at the start with 20 people, but a lot of the people whining on here likely couldn't have. So suck it up and be realistic. F2P is a marathon, not a sprint.
    I probably have more to say, but I'm tired.
  • I find it mildly ironic that I stopped playing after ultron but apparently will have all these tokens to open if I ever do reinstall the game icon_e_wink.gif
  • [*]I know I give The Best a hard time about their alliance name being misleading (The Best(ish)), but they really earned it this time. Also, it's a joke people. I have nothing but love and respect for JBK and the rest of the crew. Except Venser. He can eat a tinykitty. j/k

Sure they are, that's why I've been playing with them for 4 seasons in a row (since I intend to play this one tll the end icon_e_biggrin.gif ). My personal record in an Alliance (who said I could not stay in an Alliance ?)

Indeed, JBK is probably one of the best commanders. So stressless to deal with someone who can manage his own ego. icon_razz.gif

Jamie, you don't love and respect me, but I love and respect you nevertheless. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I find it mildly ironic that I stopped playing after ultron but apparently will have all these tokens to open if I ever do reinstall the game icon_e_wink.gif

Just don't.

Enjoy life now that you managed to break the addiction.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I find it mildly ironic that I stopped playing after ultron but apparently will have all these tokens to open if I ever do reinstall the game icon_e_wink.gif

Just don't.

Enjoy life now that you managed to break the addiction.

Until he gets 1 of each IMHB from the tokens and 3900 HP.

First ones always free.. especially when trying to get a good customer back!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Jamie, you don't love and respect me, but I love and respect you nevertheless. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    haha
    Again, joking. The best are some of the best.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    haha
    Again, joking. The best are some of the best*.

*For a given value of "best".

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Few things I wanted to mention here.
    1. Great job on Kabir & Demiurge's part for listening to the players, coming clean, and offering to make amends. There very easily could have been NO compensation for anyone.
    2. Congrats to The Best and Deadpool's (Tacos? Order? Chimi?). You guys and gals did something amazing this event and you deserve your extra 4* cover.
    3. I know I give The Best a hard time about their alliance name being misleading (The Best(ish)), but they really earned it this time. Also, it's a joke people. I have nothing but love and respect for JBK and the rest of the crew. Except Venser. He can eat a tinykitty. j/k
    4. Anyone that thinks that there was a "last minute change' to run 2 as far as health goes is delusional. It was a 4* release and it's safe to say that it was always intended to be harder.
    5. Realistically I think we'll see the late round health come down a bit overall. Likely in r6, 7 and 8. This should allow the same number of alliances to clear those rounds, but also allow more alliances to clear r8.
    6. I agree with JBK that I'm sure some of the alliances could have finished r7 or even r8 had they'd hit the ground running at the start with 20 people, but a lot of the people whining on here likely couldn't have. So suck it up and be realistic. F2P is a marathon, not a sprint.
    I probably have more to say, but I'm tired.

There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing mods call people whiners. Oh sorry, was your mod hat not on, I guess it's cool then.