Avengers vs Ultron Run 2 Score Targets

Comments

• evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    nice job Best and Tacos. too bad they couldn't have awarded prizes on Taco Tuesday, but better late than never!
  • I find it ironic they decided to compensate handsomly the guys who already got the most out of the event
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    I find it ironic they decided to compensate handsomly the guys who already got the most out of the event

well they keep feeding the beast that is why they get the rewards. Pay the money and they will give you stuff
  • Congrats to the two teams that beat round 8!

This is going to come out sounding sour, but it looks like not trusting the devs' information actually paid off in an additional IMHB + cover of your choice. It definitely was a wise decision to be overly cautious.
    For Run 2 of Avengers vs Ultron, we raised the score targets because we were releasing a new 4* character. After Run 1, we checked the score targets and based on participation in Run 1, felt that completing Run 2 was an attainable goal.
    Run 1 is definitely attainable for our Run 1 All-Star team, but we dismantled that team because of this:
    Just weighing in on the issue Alliances are experiencing where the main Avengers vs Ultron sub-chapter is closed after Round 8 is done. We initially designed it this way because when you reach the point target in Round 8, you’ve beaten Ultron. ... Thanks for the feedback about this. We’re looking at fixing this issue in the future, but won’t have a fix in time for Run 2.
    I think everyone did really well on Run 2, hitting Demiurge's targets despite using teams that are worse than for Run 1.
    This implies that a lot of players couldn't see the finish line and threw in the towel.
    We couldn't see the finish line because of misleading information about where the finish line is. Quick recap: Ultron closing after round 8 caused players to miss out on progression rewards, devs said they can't fix this, we took it as a statement of the problem still existing in Run 2 and that progression difficulty will be roughly the same, asked for clarification and got none. I don't expect more compensation. We made a gamble based on information available and we will live with the results. I still hope that the devs address this point instead of simply acknowledging it.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    slidecage wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    I find it ironic they decided to compensate handsomly the guys who already got the most out of the event

well they keep feeding the beast that is why they get the rewards. Pay the money and they will give you stuff
    For the record, my alliance finished rd 7, with myself in the top 1/3 of our team. I (and almost all of the others) have not spent money on this game. We have gotten where we are through a lot of "work" over a VERY long time. Please stop making misguided assumptions.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So first of all I want to say thank you to D3 for the extra reward and compensation. My alliance finished round 7 and realized we had no hope of round 8.
    2nd as I posted in another thread, but want to say again please re look at how you give compensation. If yo feel the players, or section of players deserve compensation, make it HP, ISO, and or actual covers. When you give tokens, even with great odds some people will get 10 2* while others will get 2900 HP or 4* covers. I don't know what I personally will get, but I do feel that all players should be compensated the same and not compensated with with chance.

Thank you again for the compensation. In the future I hope you can figure out what would be more even for compensation compared to tokens
  • While I appreciate the Devs efforts to compensate those who gave up when they realized finishing round 8, there should be some compensation for people who didn't finish earlier rounds. X-Men 4, for instance, didn't start with a full group, because so many members had finished the first run of Ultron with more than a day to spare. Only when it was discovered that Ultron's health jumped so much in round 7 did they try to add members. In the end, they fell short of completing round 7 by 100k. It seems unfair that alliances that scored 100k higher -- in other words, alliances that completed five more Ultron nodes -- get a 10-pack, but the team that fell just short got nothing.
    Ultron Pve was always meant to have an active 20 member alliance. It wasn't designed for people to have 15 to 17 member alliances going for 1 million max progression and expect to get max rewards. There's no reason the 20 people normally in your alliance could just play the event like Taco's and Best did and do just as good. Xmen not structured for pve and pvp so what neither is The Best and we still pulled it off. We finished first run of Ultron with 2 days left. It's fair because Xmen is a mega alliance and could have kept alliances the same instead of spreading alliances thin or could have dumped 20 people in one alliance. 1 person could have pulled off that extra 100k to beat round 7 because I doubt X-Men 4 had all 2+ million players in that alliance, sounds to me some were ready to quit putting in the effort when they realized their wasn't enough people playing to beat round 8 because of the health increase.
  • D2KM_
    D2KM_ Posts: 134
    slidecage wrote:
    shurak wrote:

Honestly, i dont think they received enough compensation for their efforts. You saw the pts both groups put up right? They put the time, effort, and hard work into finishing an event that was nearly unbeatable. I would have preferred to see the following reward structure in light of the monumental time, effort, and energy it took to compete in round 2 of the ultron pve:

Complete round 6 - receive round 7 prize (hulkbuster red cover)
    Complete round 7 - receive round 8 prize (hulkbuster black cover and ultron 10 pack)
    Complete round 8 - receive 1 4* of your choosing, the ultron 10 pack, 5,000 iso and 250 hp (iso/hp prize for finishing 1-2 in any other pve event)

D3 screwed up. They admitted to that. That doesnt and shouldnt take away from the huge effort, coordination and hard work it took for alliances to complete round 7, and especially the two groups that completed round 8.

Although i wish the compensation was a little more, i applaud D3 for admitting they messed up and they are compensating the alliances that pushed hard and worked together as a group in spite of all the issues with the event.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    I find it odd that anyone would have a problem with hard effort being rewarded appropriately.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    I find it odd that anyone would have a problem with hard effort being rewarded appropriately.
    to be fair, wasn't completing the event the "appropriate reward"?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I appreciate the Devs efforts to compensate those who gave up when they realized finishing round 8, there should be some compensation for people who didn't finish earlier rounds. X-Men 4, for instance, didn't start with a full group, because so many members had finished the first run of Ultron with more than a day to spare. Only when it was discovered that Ultron's health jumped so much in round 7 did they try to add members. In the end, they fell short of completing round 7 by 100k. It seems unfair that alliances that scored 100k higher -- in other words, alliances that completed five more Ultron nodes -- get a 10-pack, but the team that fell just short got nothing.
    Ultron Pve was always meant to have an active 20 member alliance. It wasn't designed for people to have 15 to 17 member alliances going for 1 million max progression and expect to get max rewards. There's no reason the 20 people normally in your alliance could just play the event like Taco's and Best did and do just as good. Xmen not structured for pve and pvp so what neither is The Best and we still pulled it off. We finished first run of Ultron with 2 days left. It's fair because Xmen is a mega alliance and could have kept alliances the same instead of spreading alliances thin or could have dumped 20 people in one alliance. 1 person could have pulled off that extra 100k to beat round 7 because I doubt X-Men 4 had all 2+ million players in that alliance, sounds to me some were ready to quit putting in the effort when they realized their wasn't enough people playing to beat round 8 because of the health increase.
    The first round kind of was. If you had more than that many people playing, you were blocking alliancemates from having enough points to go around for that 1M point progression
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    F2P Veterans ran with our normal crew and completed Round 7. So no, you don't have to pay your way to the top.
  • scottee wrote:
    F2P Veterans ran with our normal crew and completed Round 7. So no, you don't have to pay your way to the top.

That just illustrates how stupid this situation is because they're rewarding people who didn't even spend money for a fairly arbitary reason. From looking at the health in each round in run 2 we can tell they're much higher by a fairly consistent pattern so it's not like one round was especially more difficult than the round before or after, but while all rounds are unreasonably tough apparently it only matters if you were beating the unreasonably tough round 7 or 8 but the unreasonably tough round 5 or 6? That clearly doesn't matter. Although people will always cry about P2W, rewarding the guys who paid a lot would certainly be a lot fairer than rewarding people for completely random reasons. This is the same issue as scaling, as scaling randomly rewards people (and is quite heavily weighted toward the guys not paying much) just like this Ultron event (all you need is play the game a lot, because Ultron isn't even that hard) and that'll surely motivate people to spend money knowing that getting rewarded has nothing to do with spending money?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    scottee wrote:

That just illustrates how stupid this situation is because they're rewarding people who didn't even spend money for a fairly arbitary reason. From looking at the health in each round in run 2 we can tell they're much higher by a fairly consistent pattern so it's not like one round was especially more difficult than the round before or after, but while all rounds are unreasonably tough apparently it only matters if you were beating the unreasonably tough round 7 or 8 but the unreasonably tough round 5 or 6? That clearly doesn't matter. Although people will always cry about P2W, rewarding the guys who paid a lot would certainly be a lot fairer than rewarding people for completely random reasons. This is the same issue as scaling, as scaling randomly rewards people (and is quite heavily weighted toward the guys not paying much) just like this Ultron event (all you need is play the game a lot, because Ultron isn't even that hard) and that'll surely motivate people to spend money knowing that getting rewarded has nothing to do with spending money?

You mean, playing more and not giving up is completely random?
  • Darn, that will teach me not to help out our sister alliance and stay in my main alliance! So now not only did I miss out on the second Hulk Buster cover I would have gotten had I stayed, I also missed out on the 10pack. Not cool D3, not cool!
  • Possibly the best dev post ever made on this forum. Clear, concise, admitting mistakes, and as a result 99.9% (there will always be a few) of your customers are happy with the feedback.

Long may this continue.
  • They didn't say the round 7 health was reasonable, they said as many people completed Round 7 as they were expecting. The problem would be that instead of finishing with a day or two for Round 8, many groups finished with hours or even minutes left in the event -- which is a problem with Round 7's target score, but it doesn't show up in the form of people failing to finish Round 7.
    Yeah but their statistics have been met so the problem is only round 8 according to them
    D2KM_ wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    shurak wrote:

Honestly, i dont think they received enough compensation for their efforts. You saw the pts both groups put up right? They put the time, effort, and hard work into finishing an event that was nearly unbeatable. I would have preferred to see the following reward structure in light of the monumental time, effort, and energy it took to compete in round 2 of the ultron pve:

Complete round 6 - receive round 7 prize (hulkbuster red cover)
    Complete round 7 - receive round 8 prize (hulkbuster black cover and ultron 10 pack)
    Complete round 8 - receive 1 4* of your choosing, the ultron 10 pack, 5,000 iso and 250 hp (iso/hp prize for finishing 1-2 in any other pve event)

D3 screwed up. They admitted to that. That doesnt and shouldnt take away from the huge effort, coordination and hard work it took for alliances to complete round 7, and especially the two groups that completed round 8.

Although i wish the compensation was a little more, i applaud D3 for admitting they messed up and they are compensating the alliances that pushed hard and worked together as a group in spite of all the issues with the event.
    agree
    Possibly the best dev post ever made on this forum. Clear, concise, admitting mistakes, and as a result 99.9% (there will always be a few) of your customers are happy with the feedback.

Long may this continue.
    considering how ambiguous that feedback is and how disheartening it is(ok, everyone, round 8 was too hard but still possible, why did you give up? Solution, fix round 8 leave rounds 1-7 the same).

Like, no one else is commenting that only 2 alliances in ALL OF MPQ actually met their goal. That's ridiculous.
  • Can we get little more specification on how the game decided who finished round 7? Myself I am in Alliance who beat it just at the end of event, but because it's middle of the night for me I wasn't able to clear node with second Hulkbuster. If clearing that node is the mark for 10 pack, then losing that too (on top of HB) would be just brutal...
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Possibly the best dev post ever made on this forum. Clear, concise, admitting mistakes, and as a result 99.9% (there will always be a few) of your customers are happy with the feedback.

Long may this continue.
    considering how ambiguous that feedback is and how disheartening it is(ok, everyone, round 8 was too hard but still possible, why did you give up? Solution, fix round 8 leave rounds 1-7 the same).

Like, no one else is commenting that only 2 alliances in ALL OF MPQ actually met their goal. That's ridiculous.

I could be being daft here but I really don't understand. They said they made a mistake, that people were not able to see at the start of the event what it would take to finish it, it annoyed people, they are sorry and for those who got to certain levels there is a reward. And at the end, again, they say sorry they messed up.

Can people really, really still be annoyed on this? I mean I think their communication generally on here is AWFUL, and have said so numerous times (to the point some have commented I just bash the dev's). But they messed up and have apologised.

Now if we are talking about their server issues again, which is just a joke now, apologies are pretty much meaningless as they have demonstrated throughout this game's lifetime that they are incapable (or unwilling) of fixing it. But this?
  • raisinbman wrote:

Long may this continue.

I could be being daft here but I really don't understand. They said they made a mistake, that people were not able to see at the start of the event what it would take to finish it, it annoyed people, they are sorry and for those who got to certain levels there is a reward. And at the end, again, they say sorry they messed up.

Can people really, really still be annoyed on this? I mean I think their communication generally on here is AWFUL, and have said so numerous times (to the point some have commented I just bash the dev's). But they messed up and have apologised.

Now if we are talking about their server issues again, which is just a joke now, apologies are pretty much meaningless as they have demonstrated throughout this game's lifetime that they are incapable (or unwilling) of fixing it. But this?

I just don't see them fixing the issue.

They basically said Rounds 1-7 were on target, and the only reason we didn't meet round 8 was because we gave up.

Yes, they admitted they messed up, but what does that mean in the future?

The pessimist in me sees Rounds 1-7 being the same, and round 8 being "fixed". According to them, round 8 was the only problem child.

PS: And to add to what you said, yes, they also didn't address server issues. And hopefully that changes as well(No other PVE events while Ultron is running plz). And my personal server issues: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29190