Avengers vs Ultron Run 2 Score Targets

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    While I am in one of the very hard-working alliances that made it into Round 8, I find the comment about Rounds 1-7 being on target flawed. Round 8 wasn't necessarily the problem. It was round 7 & 8 that were set to Ludicrous Speed. Doubling Ultron's health from Round 6 to 7 was a very daunting blow.

As I've said before, I completely expected Ultron 2 to be tougher than Ultron 1 because they were handing out 4* covers, so I don't agree with folks who inferred that it would be exactly the same. But I certainly didn't expect it to be as a big a difference as it turned out to be.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Dauthi wrote:
    When we received them did it say that or is this an assumption? Did I miss something? I can't remember perfectly but I could have sworn it was a blanket statement when we received them in game.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28682#p347674

All the compensation/rewards/etc were tied to the first run of the event.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    When we received them did it say that or is this an assumption? Did I miss something? I can't remember perfectly but I could have sworn it was a blanket statement when we received them in game.

They already knew there were network issues in the 2nd run too, so why would they need to review anything? It would make sense that the network issue reparations would be given out in one lump sum. The issue that needed to be studied in run 2 was the numbers of alliances who completed it/gave up.

I can see how this can be misconstrued though, they should respond before others get their hopes up. Those who don't go to the forums would have just assumed they got their reparations for game disruptions, as I am pretty sure that is what the in game message addressed.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Dauthi wrote:
    Meto5000 wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:

They already knew there were network issues in the 2nd run too, so why would they need to review anything? It would make sense that the network issue reparations would be given out in one lump sum. The issue that needed to be studied in run 2 was the numbers of alliances who completed it/gave up.

When has D3 ever given prompt rewards/compensation/etc. I sent you a thread that details that the rewards were for a specific event and still you argue with me. I'm happy your alliance got compensated. Congratulations on your achievements in MPQ.

I'm done responding to your troll baiting.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also didn't think the compensation was tied only to run 1, but Dauthi, you're also being disingenuous if you don't think that the server issues from run 2 effected this particular compensation. Hell reckless already said they were 100k from downing ultron rd. 7. I don't know the particulars about her alliance and whether they were all able to play right from the beginning, but if even 2 or 3 got locked out in the first few hours and it cost them the opportunity of clearing round 3 (or rd 4, which was possible to clear in the first refresh I believe) in the first refresh, then obviously it could/would have effected whether they finished round 7 and received this compensation.

Also agree with arimis thorn, the issue wasn't round 8 being too high (although if speculation is correct in that it was initially even higher and ninja patched to be lower, then yes obviously that's true too) but round 7 (and to a small degree rd 6) being too high. If you have the same number of total points but back load them it makes it slightly easier since those later ultrons are worth more points (although also certainly harder to beat).
  • So much whining. I'll just be here LOLin @ those that "gave up" and think that life should be "fair"
  • Meto5000 wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    Hey everyone,

TL;DR: Score targets are hard, and we set this one too high. We're sorry. Please enjoy some additional rewards.

I feel that that line should have an asterisk at the end. *(most of you won't enjoy any additional rewards)

Score targets are certainly hard when you calculate them on the fly without taking real life human beings, the fact that alliances were locked, and server issues into consideration. Honestly, and I know this will be unpopular, I think having no one receive compensation would be more fair than the arbitrary rules you've set for who deserves what.

The issue they are giving out reparations for is that round 8 ultron was too hard. My alliance, as many others, hit round 8, laughed, and moved on to PVE. If the target wasn't absurd we would be sitting with an extra HB, but I suppose a well deserved 10 pack will do instead.

They gave 4 tokens + HP for other issues.

The 4 tokens and HP were for the issues with the first run and had nothing to do with the second run.
    that's interesting because according to this support person my tokens and HP were given for both runs:

D3PA Customer Support (JN) (D3Publisher)
    May 6, 16:34

Hello D3P Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3P Customer Support.

These are the items we were referring to in this email. The gift you were sent was offered as compensation for the issues you experienced throughout both rounds (you'll notice these were Round 2 Tokens). If you are dissatisfied with this offer, we can escalate your ticket to the developer for consideration. However, keep in mind that since you have already been provided compensation for these issues, we cannot guarantee that anything beyond this will be offered, though we will certainly request that a one-time exception be made. How would you like to proceed?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3Publisher Customer Support Team (JDN)
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    mohio wrote:
    I also didn't think the compensation was tied only to run 1, but Dauthi, you're also being disingenuous if you don't think that the server issues from run 2 effected this particular compensation. Hell reckless already said they were 100k from downing ultron rd. 7.

I am not saying it doesn't, I am saying it would make sense that those 4 tokens + HP was a blanket compensation for the network problems over the week. Like I said, why would they wait to give network compensations for run 2 and not just give it all at once? The only reason the other reparations came late is because they had to study the numbers.

I am not arguing that 4 tokens is the best compensation or right either. After all, if Ultron's HP was correct in run 2 I would have another HB, and not a 10 pack with a small chance to get him instead. Us deserving the 10 pack is the only thing I was arguing to begin with while providing information as to why there was no additional compensation for server issues.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    Like many alliance families, after seeing developer comments that run2 would have the same progression issue as run1, we took that to mean that the progression scoring and Ultron health structure would not change significantly from run1 to run2. The commanders considered whether to redistribute high and low scorers into a mix of our three alliances so everyone had a good chance at run1 progression targets and completing round 8 for this second Ultron run.

As the start of run 2 approached, we saw the many questions on the forums asking if the run 2 scoring would be the same met with silence. Fortunately we had unanimous agreement from all the members that we couldn't depend on the event being the same, and that it was more important to get the 4* prime node covers then 3* progression reward covers. So we didn't shuffle players. Everyone plan to hit the event full speed ahead, and we'd sort out progression rewards later if the event structure allowed us to slow down.

Turned out to be the completely right choice, and likely a key reason Tacos were one of the two teams to finish Round 8.

I really enjoyed Ultron and the event structure. In hindsight I think it would have been better for Demiurge to publish the full Round health structure at the beginning of the event. Lots of players grinding heavily for several days only to find when Round 8 stats are revealed that they were mathematically eliminated in the first day or two is demoralizing. If the Ultron health detail was available ahead of time many alliances could have more adequately set their own realistic goals this event and had a better feeling of accomplishment working together to achieve them.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    So some of us held back for a while before discovering that Ultrons health had been jacked up. Would have easily beaten round 7 (and failed in 8) but we didn't know until it was too late so this compensation does nothing to help those that tried to help the lowers in their alliance reach progression rewards when we thought it was going to be the same event.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    furos_fury wrote:
    Just my two cents but D3 stop being so cheap!

Every alliance desrves a bump up to the next level reward. ie Rd6 get 1 IM HB cover, rd 7 get 2x IM HB coverones, Rd8 get 3x IM HB covers. Rd9 get 3x IM HB + one of thier choice.

Everyone who made it to rd5 or higher gets 1x 10 pack.

Everyone should be getting 1k HP and 5000 iso for the server issues.

Everyone who lost PvP covers due to being locked out or having shields expire because they couldn't get in, should have shields reimbursed and given 1st place cover, and anyone who make 800+ should also get 1k reward.

These issues should never have happens with this cash cow game... I've dropped a small fortune on this game add have many others... time we are adequately rewarded for it!

If they did this and cut the Thor/Xforce nerf magnitudes by about half, I'd actually consider giving them money again.

Guess we know what D3 stands for:
    Disappointing
    Disappointing
    Disappointing
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Great news, and definitely adequate recognition/compensation for the high score targets. Cannot even be bothered with the whiners in this thread. icon_lol.gif

And congrats to those who made it to the end. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't believe that there are people complaining about getting no compensation when they didn't even finish Round 7. Sad thing is that if Demiurge buckled and gave them rewards, then we'd have the people that didn't complete round 6 complaining and so it'd go. Line must be traced somewhere guys. Finishing round 7 was a very reasonable amount of effort for a coveted second cover of a newly released 4*.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I can't believe that there are people complaining about getting no compensation when they didn't even finish Round 7. Sad thing is that if Demiurge buckled and gave them rewards, then we'd have the people that didn't complete round 6 complaining and so it'd go. Line must be traced somewhere guys. Finishing round 7 was a very reasonable amount of effort for a coveted second cover of a newly released 4*.

Good for a 4* release, which is a terrible benchmark to set. Bad in comparison to the only other large scale event that's occurred: the anniversary. The developers specifically said that the tokens were meant to be similar to the anniversary.

The issues affected more than just the people that got to round 8.

The planned health increase for round 2 was a terrible decision that they didn't even bother to check the math on.

Meh, I have better things to do. I complain in the hope that the developers might notice what they've done wrong and seek to fix it in the future. History has shown that they have no desire to do so. Their philosophy is broken and they've repeatedly disappointed their customers over the course of the game.

Good thing there are plenty of other mobile games to spend that money on.
  • mohio
    edited May 2015
    Pylgrim wrote:
    As one of the "whiners", I agree with you. However, I think our whining is not "I should have more stuff I didn't deserve/earn" as much as disagreeing with the OP in saying that the only problem with run 2 is that round 8 health was set too high. I mean honestly if 11 million is a reasonable place for round 7 how is 15 million not also reasonable? It's a smaller increase than there was from round 6 to 7. Most people would expect a larger increase than that if not the same as it was in run 1. Then there's the whole communication issue, which is being swept under the rug, but caused a lot of alliances to alter their teams or gameplay to accommodate issues the devs themselves said they could not fix for run 2 (yet did not exist due to points being turned up to 11).

Anyway, I'll stop engaging on this cause clearly it's pointless and no one really wants to hear it either. I'm genuinely pleased they AT LEAST acknowledged that the event was insanely hard to complete and those getting this extra compensation definitely earned and deserve it. I hope you guys get some good stuff from your tokens.

edit: okay, not quite done yet, one last thing. It's actually very annoying to be belittled by you and others saying we don't deserve any compensation cause we didn't even put forth the effort to beat round 7. I assure you both meto/dhaden and myself, and at least 6 or 7 others in our portion of the alliance and probably another 12+ in the other portion (okay they DID finish rd 7) absolutely put forth the effort to beat round 7, and probably even round 8. We were hitting ultron either 5 or 6 times every single refresh for the full 4.5 days or at least the 3-3.5 days it took to finish round 6 before realizing we weren't going to finish with the other 10 guys only hitting ultron maybe 2-3 times a refresh. Sure, we did that to ourselves to get everyone rewards as opposed to only the 20 heaviest grinders, but don't insult us by saying we didn't put enough effort into this event.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    They didn't say the round 7 health was reasonable, they said as many people completed Round 7 as they were expecting. The problem would be that instead of finishing with a day or two for Round 8, many groups finished with hours or even minutes left in the event -- which is a problem with Round 7's target score, but it doesn't show up in the form of people failing to finish Round 7.
  • Juicyfruit1
    Juicyfruit1 Posts: 33
    A big thank you to the devs for recognizing the amount of time it took to grind to rounds 7 and 8 and offering compensation. And congrats to the two alliances who finished the event. I watched first hand the teamwork and amount of time The Best put in to the event, so it's awesome to see them get recognition!
  • Final Pve #'s from both alliances that beat round 8 from ultron pve run 2
    650e9u.jpgn5mump.jpg2ch6l43.jpg2mdnuww.jpg
  • I was fortunate enough to be in one of the alliances who did finish round 7, but not round 8. I never gave up Or quit! So for those of you who are in here calling me and others who pushed "a bunch of whiners" can suck it. The notice set out by D3 to say they couldn't change the issue of ppl not getting all progression rewards for rd 2 DOES imply that it would be a rerun of R1 with different rewards.... as a commander, i told my guys to stop playing once they hit max progression for each round. Many of them could have easily added 30 - 40% more on the score board had i not held them back. I wanted everyone on my team to get rewarded evenly after the need from R1 left many with a sour taste in thier mouth!

I'm upset that appropriate rewards are not being given out and I'm upset that they didn't fix the server issues for the second event. It could have easily been fixed by staggering start times based on time zones.... to avoid such heavy traffic! In the end i doubt many played all the way to round 6 without the intention to go all the way! So stop with the name calling!

Congrats to the 40 ppl who made it all the way! That's insane!
  • mohio
    No, you guys played hard and deserve your compensation for finishing round 7, those of us who only finished round 6 should be happy with our single hulkbuster and stop whining about not getting anything extra