Update on Ultron server issues

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    It must be about 6-7pm for demiurge now, right? I guess everyone's gone home for the weekend or off to Chicago for c2e2.

I wish people would stop saying mindless nonsense like this. That's not how things work in IT. The people capable of resolving problems like this (connectivity/server issues) are on call and receive alerts whenever things break.

The trouble is, the people capable of communicating what's happening when problems like this arise have probably gone home for the weekend or off to Chicago for c2e2.

You're speaking of an idealised situation in an industry that often is far from ideal in its implementation of best (or even not-too-bad) practice.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    It must be about 6-7pm for demiurge now, right? I guess everyone's gone home for the weekend or off to Chicago for c2e2.

I wish people would stop saying mindless nonsense like this. That's not how things work in IT. The people capable of resolving problems like this (connectivity/server issues) are on call and receive alerts whenever things break.
    This must be your first weekend launch around here, there is no support between Friday night- Monday morning

Something like this isn't the same as not getting your Squirrel Girl cover or 20 ISO. As I understand it, this is an issue for the engineers and when it's a catostrophic failure like this I'm sure they'll work until it's resolved or they have to roll back.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Just lost connection after finishing a node/event. I guess I'm not getting any progression points?
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I'm usually the last guy to call for some sort of compensation for stuff like this, but I honestly don't see any way around it. There's just too much people are losing access to here.

The last time I was able to actually get in and see events, I made sure that I finished out my DPD just in case. I have no idea if I'll be able to get in to grind out my Simulator top 10 spot that I've been clawing for, and Thief is just a lost cause at this point (which is fine).

While I *was* able to play the Ultron event it looks like it was already on part 2 for the regular Ultron node, which I think means I missed out on one pass entirely. I'm hoping that doesn't screw things for my alliance given that I have the most developed roster at this point.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Everything's gone for me. No PvE, no PvP, damn Ultron thing is gone.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm usually the last guy to call for some sort of compensation for stuff like this, but I honestly don't see any way around it. There's just too much people are losing access to here.

The last time I was able to actually get in and see events, I made sure that I finished out my DPD just in case. I have no idea if I'll be able to get in to grind out my Simulator top 10 spot that I've been clawing for, and Thief is just a lost cause at this point (which is fine).

While I *was* able to play the Ultron event it looks like it was already on part 2 for the regular Ultron node, which I think means I missed out on one pass entirely. I'm hoping that doesn't screw things for my alliance given that I have the most developed roster at this point.

i fear if ultron stays DOwn after the 8th stage those who can not play when its back on will not get the rewards (cause if Untron does not respawn after the 8th stage is done how are we to get pts the sub meun is one and done..by the time this is fix most people on the East coast will be in bed meaning we lost a day.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what's happening right now at C2E2.

I hope they have standalone servers...

If anyone's there or going, can they go show the guys on the stand what's (not) happening on their phone or tablet?
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Whatever you fixed, unfix it, I was playing fine, then I got kicked, now I can't get back in
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    D3, been generally supportive of everything so far. But this is a worst fuckup than you've done yet. You know you have flakey servers yet you run this event at end of season with another pve running.

I am first in my simulator bracket, or least I hope I am still, and have a respectable season score but i can't play.
  • I feel sorry for the guys running the booth. Their trying to get a bunch of new customers while the game doesn't work. "Here's some screenshots of what the game usually looks like. It's broken now but I promise it usually works" Tough sales pitch.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    xdogg wrote:
    Whatever you fixed, unfix it, I was playing fine, then I got kicked, now I can't get back in

This is exactly what happened to me. It got fixed and I was able to play quite a few battles. When I went back in the patch loaded and now all I see is the prologue
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Tough way to learn that lesson... Never push out an update the day you want eyes on your product...

I'm having trouble connecting to the game's servers and when I finally (sometimes) do, all events and chat is gone.
  • Bummer that this is happening. Glad to know it isn't my phone doing this. Hope everything goes well fixing it. I am kind of worried about it not showing my guild though. Hope when this is all resolved we don't lose that.
  • I was able to join when it started and play for the first hour, ever since it's either no connection to server or (currently) no events come up except for standard story missions
  • CoffigDarkGravity
    CoffigDarkGravity Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Just rushed home from work to finish off strong in the mystique pvp, then got the friendly notices.
    It's totally cool, I wasn't about to come off a 24hr shield or nothin'.
    And I certainly wasn't going to make a run for 1000 points, either.
    And a man of my standing would never purchase HP at a considerably high rate, even after nerf after wretched nerf.

Like, Jesus Christ. I'm thirty. I should know better than to stick with this game.

And I'm not even upset about the ultron pve thing, really. It's the least of my worries.
  • kaha777
    kaha777 Posts: 6
    Hi, I could easily get into the game now, but I could not see any events at all.

Is this a common issue as well to everyone? :/
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I was able to play most of the afternoon, but now I can no longer connect. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Damn Scarlet Witch and her chaos magic!
  • Yep three hours no game, only a prologue. Means I miss out on the end of the PVP. And it messes with my season scores and I miss the ultron. Luckily I saw the film instead. Give up on the game and go watch the film. I cannot see anything else happening tonight. They have not updated the first post since 5 and it's now gone 9 whrere the dev are.
  • Damn Scarlet Witch and her chaos magic!
    "No more MPQ."