Update on Ultron server issues

Options
Demiurge_Will
Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, all,

We've deployed a number of fixes to our servers over the course of the afternoon, and it looks from our end like things are returning to normal. Please let me know if you're still seeing any issues, especially a "something went awry" error when attempting to join the event, or missing event buttons.

UPDATE (4:21p): Sounds like lots of folks are still experiencing issues - thanks for the info, looks like we have more work to do! I'll update this thread again when I have more news or another attempted fix.

UPDATE (5:32p): We're in the process of rolling out another attempted fix that'll take effect over the course of the next ~30 minutes.

UPDATE (9:50p): We've brought more servers online to help cope with the load, but we're still experiencing very large amounts of traffic. This is probably the last update for the evening but we will be monitoring the servers and trying to ease things over. You're likely to continue running into timeouts periodically. Sorry about the rocky start today.

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't connect, once it does I have no events. Steam version.
  • sinnerjfl wrote:
    Can't connect, once it does I have no events. Steam version.
    Same here on iOS
  • I think the Avengers vs Ultron is the least of our worries when The Simulator PvE and Mystique PvP are the ones ending soon.

In my end, still cant see anything but the prologue PvE, and I just closed the app and reopened it (hard reset).

Android version.
  • KrisPWales
    Options
    I'm having issues. I beat a PvE node and got 0 points. Won a PvP round, 0 points. I restarted the app and now I have no PvP events and my alliance is gone.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Same here on Android
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm still not seeing any PVE or PVP events. I first get the strobing icons for a looooooong time, followed by Comlink Interrupted, and then eventually the tabs screen, but no events in sight.

iOS version.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still getting 'check Internet connection' notice on Android
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Still can't connect on stream version.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Issues with the Ultron event specifically, or in general?

Because I'm still seeing zero information screens when finishing PVP fights (i.e. 0 points awarded), which I think is a timeout on the client end pulling info from the server (I am getting credit for points scored on my event total, though, so this is just a display thing.)

Also, I bought a few of the Ultron Prize Packs because it kept on telling me they were 50 AP. Cool event change, I thought. Nope. The tokens after the first, although it kept saying 50, charged me the full price. THEN the screen updated to get rid of the daily deal, as per usual. I put in a ticket for that in the hopes that I can get a refund... but that was a tricky one. The moral of the story: If it seems too good to be true, it's probably a server issue....
  • Elayne
    Elayne Posts: 23
    Options
    Worked for a bit, but now I am locked out again. Keep seeing either no events or connection issues
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Lil sarscasm here, but... Do you have a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow as well?
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ouys9d.jpg

2ljq1p5.jpg

Still not working icon_e_confused.gif
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Chaos. I was just told there were no events and got weird messages about stockpiled Standard tokens.

Additionally, I opened an Ultron prize Ten pack and got ten two star covers...
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    I think the Avengers vs Ultron is the least of our worries when The Simulator PvE and Mystique PvP are the ones ending soon.

In my end, still cant see anything but the prologue PvE, and I just closed the app and reopened it (hard reset).

Android version.

agree... with the end of the season; the simulator and 2 open pvp's that i can't access, this does not bode well for my season score... i'm on ios and the conectivity this afternoon has been spotty at best...
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Android, 'check internet connection' then app closed itself.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On Android and I can not see any ultron, pve, pvp options. I only have the prologue options.
  • Check internet connection on my Android tablet. Got in with my phone, where I had no events or access to my alliance and was missing half of my recruit tokens. I preferred not connecting.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its back up here BUT i can not join the PVP Theif and need the covers
  • Was connected, then wasn't, as of 4-5 minutes ago...

Started without an alliance (YIKES.), everything else visible, was prompted that I had "signed out on another device," (I hadn't), signed back in, played a match, and I'm down.

As always, realizing you're likely REALLY busy right now, words cannot describe how good it is to see a "red" face in here at this time...

DBC
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still getting "Check internet connection" messages and if I manage to break through that it's just the basic no-events-no-pvp-no-alliance options