Update on Ultron server issues

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    iOS here, in the UK. "Check internet connection" constantly; if it manages to connect, there are no events showing aside from Prologue.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Hi, all,

We've deployed a number of fixes to our servers over the course of the afternoon, and it looks from our end like things are returning to normal. Please let me know if you're still seeing any issues, especially a "something went awry" error when attempting to join the event, or missing event buttons.

UPDATE (4:21p): Sounds like lots of folks are still experiencing issues - thanks for the info, looks like we have more work to do! I'll update this thread again when I have more news or another attempted fix.

Will,

I'd like to make a suggestion.

Why don't you just shut the game down while you troubleshoot?

After two failed attempts it is pretty clear it is more complex than you think.

If you shut down and then give us a one or two hour notice that things will be back up that might make things a little easier for everyone.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Got into game only prologue and IT results...restart app...check internet iOS user, bugger

Edit+++++

In in and getting bombed by Ultron hooray

Edit 2

Gone again
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the next event how about changing the Lock time to 4 hours. 8 hours is way too long.

System is down for me again ....
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    iOS, apps takes longer than usual to launch, when it's on no event appear.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    On the next event how about changing the Lock time to 4 hours. 8 hours is way too long.
    On the other hand, throttling people's play seems like something they need to do...
  • D2thePool
    D2thePool Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2015
    Apparently Ultron can only win by cheating, so he hijacked the Demiurge servers and causing us all grief by not letting us play.
    icon_lol.gif
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Ugh. Finally got in only to see no events except prologue and IT pvp results (which I got screwed out of my cap covers, thank you very much. Before the crash I was #19 and still shielded up until last hour of event. Now I finished at #186.)
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Couldn't connect for the first 30 min then was on for about 40, now haven't been able to connect for last several hours.
    West coast on Android.

I am going to enjoy how much my pvp score has dropped since I can't even retal or shield. Let alone not being able help alliance mates who are able to connect.

D3...you guys have really screwed the pooch this time.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    When mine finally connects all that shows are the Dark Reign events that are always there and the Mystqiue pvp results. I have no other story events or any pvp events to choose.
  • maybe they should have staggered the event start times like every other pve/pvp event... instead of one start time forcing all of us to play ... or i should say attempt to play since nothing is working
  • cosm0naut
    cosm0naut Posts: 34
    Android, still can't connect after getting in for a total of about 20 minutes at the start.
  • Nellyson wrote:
    QCK9WXe.png

This deserves to be in this thread.

For reference: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28225
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    For what it's worth, I'm on iOS and can get in fine now (Identity Theft is grayed out). But our AvU: Round 2's health is down to zero but I can continue to fight Ultron in it. No new Ultron Prime node has unlocked.

I couldn't access the game for Round 1 so not sure what is supposed to happed when Ultron's health is depleated. But I'm guessing my game is not updating properly.

Hope this helps.
  • Game is back up in my end, all events. I even was rewarded by the fight against ultron just before serve crashed. Android user.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I've been able to play the Ultron event for the most part, but I've stopped getting my prog rewards. I'm sitting at 203115 in Ultron Prime sub, but haven't gotten the 150k or 200k prog rewards. I also didn't get the 39k prog reward in the Avengers vs. Ultron: Round 4 and I am sitting at 84060.

I also can't enter Identity Theft at the moment. =/

Edit: 4:53pm: All events are gone again.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ok, Iphone 6+ here, was working somewhat (was very slow and glitch at the end of matches) then lost connection completely finally. closed out and rebooted phone and now lost all event tiles other than prologue and the completed identity theft. std and taco token pages say 'post event' which they should not. and lost alliance chat. was about to complete round 3 icon_evil.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heres an idea, DONT LAUCH NEW CONTENT/MECHANICS ON FRIDAY!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    you know the servers are really screwed when they toss normal tokens in Post event page LOL
  • Dauntless74
    Dauntless74 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    No events so had to replay a story mission so I could claim my daily reward but now I'm stuck in an endless cycle of trying to claim reward and it telling me there's an issue. I'm over 500 days so will I be reset back to day 1 if this isn't sorted before the time moves onto the next day?