Update on Ultron server issues

Comments

• Been checking in since 12 est on iOS. Have yet to get into the Ultron event, but was able to hit a few rounds in my vs event. However, I closed out for a moment and now I'm back to no events available. Last try to get in I was able to select characters for a battle, but it couldn't connect to server to begin. Same with buying a card pack. Hopefully not much longer!

In the meantime, I suppose I'll just continue to enjoy my tgif drink. Cheers, looks like we all could use one soon!
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Just defeated a swam node and now can't connect before the reward /points register.
    Don't tell me i need to do this again!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will if you could post this somewhere telling people DO NOT LEAVE their alliance . Those who have never went though the server being down may think they were booted from their Alliance and leave it and then really be SOL once the game is fixxed
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is now after 5pm est, GL seeing this playable over the weekend.
  • slidecage
    edited April 2015
    All events are gone again but here the weird part

All of the tokens are now in POST event modes (even normal tokens)

dude this is like crack... checking in every 30 seconds trying to get another hit icon_e_smile.gif

I think they took the entire game offline ... hopefully if that is right it will be fix faster then leaving it online and trying to bubble gum the fixxes
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Things seem to have calmed down for me. Only getting the "failed to log into Facebook" message now. Events showing up properly.

Edit: iOS.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Can confirm it's at least still down for Steam players.
  • bdksni1
    bdksni1 Posts: 103
    edited April 2015
    Still no events available besides prologue (Android ios)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    ok, Iphone 6+ here, was working somewhat (was very slow and glitch at the end of matches) then lost connection completely finally. closed out and rebooted phone and now lost all event tiles other than prologue and the completed identity theft. std and taco token pages say 'post event' which they should not. and lost alliance chat. was about to complete round 3 icon_evil.gif
    everything seems to be back except the alliance chat... man this stinks
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    No events so had to replay a story mission so I could claim my daily reward but now I'm stuck in an endless cycle of trying to claim reward and it telling me there's an issue. I'm over 500 days so will I be reset back to day 1 if this isn't sorted before the time moves onto the next day?

Not sure why it would reset to 1. It's not consequtive days played (though if you've played this for 500 days straight without missing a day, that's some serious effort you put in).

If you miss a day, you just don't get rewarded that day, but you'll be given that day's reward the next time you play =)
    If I'm at 100 days and then skip a week, the next time I play I'll get the reward for day 101.
    Hi, all,

We've deployed a number of fixes to our servers over the course of the afternoon, and it looks from our end like things are returning to normal. Please let me know if you're still seeing any issues, especially a "something went awry" error when attempting to join the event, or missing event buttons.

UPDATE (4:21p): Sounds like lots of folks are still experiencing issues - thanks for the info, looks like we have more work to do! I'll update this thread again when I have more news or another attempted fix.

Will,

I'd like to make a suggestion.

Why don't you just shut the game down while you troubleshoot?

After two failed attempts it is pretty clear it is more complex than you think.

If you shut down and then give us a one or two hour notice that things will be back up that might make things a little easier for everyone.

Seconding this. If anyone's gained points in this event they'll end up with an advantage over those, like me, who came home from work to find they cannot connect at all and therefore haven't even *seen* the thing yet.
    At this point it feels like simply shutting the event down completely and starting from scratch would be the best option. It's not like this happened 3 days in, we're right at the start. Maybe let people keep whatever they won thus far as an apology and just start over again from 0.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Steam user. I can log in, but there are no events but the prologue.
  • slidecage
    Seconding this. If anyone's gained points in this event they'll end up with an advantage over those, like me, who came home from work to find they cannot connect at all and therefore haven't even *seen* the thing yet.
    At this point it feels like simply shutting the event down completely and starting from scratch would be the best option. It's not like this happened 3 days in, we're right at the start. Maybe let people keep whatever they won thus far as an apology and just start over again from 0.[/quote]

nice thing is i dont think you are missing out on much if they can get it fix in a few hours or a day without going back to 0

the only thing you would miss out on is fighting Ultron. you will still be able to do the Prize pack boosters and the covers since each one of those you do on your own every time untron is beat up to 8 times...

right now our team would be stuck waiting for others to play since we are one stage 4 and most of them are on the 8 hour lock down
  • Yes, I've still got nothing, and I can't event play an old quest to receive my daily bonus. Plz fix soon want to play
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    At this point it feels like simply shutting the event down completely and starting from scratch would be the best option. It's not like this happened 3 days in, we're right at the start. Maybe let people keep whatever they won thus far as an apology and just start over again from 0.

nice thing is i dont think you are missing out on much if they can get it fix in a few hours or a day without going back to 0

the only thing you would miss out on is fighting Ultron. you will still be able to do the Prize pack boosters and the covers since each one of those you do on your own every time untron is beat up to 8 times...

right now our team would be stuck waiting for others to play since we are one stage 4 and most of them are on the 8 hour lock down[/quote]

Speaking only for me, I was at work. So I got home at about 7pm GMT to give this a go...and I'v never even seen the event tile, never mind entered it.
    No idea what my alliance is up to since I can't communicate with them. No idea if we have made any progress or not.

The event started, what, 8 hours ago? Less? Surely it's better to cut their losses and rather than lose out on event time just say "Sorry guys, we derped. We're resetting the timer to 4.5 days starting Saturday instead of Friday".
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards

Speaking only for me, I was at work. So I got home at about 7pm GMT to give this a go...and I'v never even seen the event tile, never mind entered it.
    No idea what my alliance is up to since I can't communicate with them. No idea if we have made any progress or not.

The event started, what, 8 hours ago? Less? Surely it's better to cut their losses and rather than lose out on event time just say "Sorry guys, we derped. We're resetting the timer to 4.5 days starting Saturday instead of Friday".
    Remember that time they took a "wait and see" approach.

And then the next day said that it was way too late to do anything? Yeahhhhhh
  • I still cannot connect to any games.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

Ultron isn't so much an issue as far as "advantages" are concerned. I can report alliance mates are running wild in Identity Thief and First Avenger events since most players are unable to access them
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it's not just that people are missing out on the first 6+ hours of the Ultron event, but the final 6+ hours of the Simulator and start/end of PvPs.
  • Unable to log on to MPQ . Most of the time. When I do get on, I don't see any event or my alliance.

Thanks,

James
  • Dauntless74
    Dauntless74 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    No events so had to replay a story mission so I could claim my daily reward but now I'm stuck in an endless cycle of trying to claim reward and it telling me there's an issue. I'm over 500 days so will I be reset back to day 1 if this isn't sorted before the time moves onto the next day?

Not sure why it would reset to 1. It's not consequtive days played (though if you've played this for 500 days straight without missing a day, that's some serious effort you put in).

If you miss a day, you just don't get rewarded that day, but you'll be given that day's reward the next time you play =)
    If I'm at 100 days and then skip a week, the next time I play I'll get the reward for day 101.

Blimey, I never knew that. Even when on holiday abroad I made sure to log in and play a game so I could get my reward because I didn't want to go back to scratch. I've been doing it that long now it'll feel strange if I miss a day or two. icon_e_biggrin.gif