Update on Ultron server issues

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since about 13:00 ADT (GMT -3) I can't get in to any events. Only the Prologue missions appear and nothing else. I still show as a member of my alliance, but no chat appears.

Epic fail on load-testing this thing. I'm on-board with the suggestion of turfing this event until the issue is fixed, and restarting it from scratch.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, it's not just that people are missing out on the first 6+ hours of the Ultron event, but the final 6+ hours of the Simulator and start/end of PvPs.

Personally, I'm just glad I needed nothing from either.
    But losing out on Steve covers if you didn't have them would be a huge kick in the crotch.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    Can't log in. Many alliance members can not log in and their shields have failed in the PVP's. icon_e_surprised.gif

Meanwhile at MPQ head quarters.
    "Hey it is Friday. I am going home for the weekend." icon_eek.gif
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    I'm a Steam player

I had time to play the first 2 rounds of Ultron.
    Now I can still see all tabs and navigate through the game but I cant' do any fight nor open token because the game pretends I'm not connected.
    Alliance chat has some problems but we manage to communicate

I hope you'll manage to fix these issues quickly guys, Ultron is waiting! icon_lol.gif
    Thanks and good luck!

Edit: I'm back, problem fixed (12:35 am CET+1)
    Edit2: Lost again (12:57 CET+1) icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
    ... I guess I won't edit anymore...
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    It's such a big event, why start it when there's still something like 18+ hours left in the current PVE? It's just more load for the server
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL In the hype video they released they said Marvel approved every pixel in this event. Wonder what they are thinking now.

I don't know why I thought this was going to be any different than the normal snafu that rolls out of MPQ
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Had plenty of problems earlier from not connecting at all to getting through only to have all the only the story available and no alliance but all running smoothly now and loving it, obviously a serious load on the servers but with fixes in place and everything appearing to run a lot smoother looking forward to getting my teeth in.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:

Speaking only for me, I was at work. So I got home at about 7pm GMT to give this a go...and I'v never even seen the event tile, never mind entered it.
    No idea what my alliance is up to since I can't communicate with them. No idea if we have made any progress or not.

The event started, what, 8 hours ago? Less? Surely it's better to cut their losses and rather than lose out on event time just say "Sorry guys, we derped. We're resetting the timer to 4.5 days starting Saturday instead of Friday".
    Remember that time they took a "wait and see" approach.

And then the next day said that it was way too late to do anything? Yeahhhhhh

Ugh, yeah I do remember that now. I thought the same thing back then too, just chalk it up as a bumpy start and reset the event.
    Though...wasn't that later into the event, whatever it was? I'm likely mis-remembering.
  • I feel very sorry for the D3 team, as they were very enthusiastic to bring us all that we were wishing for for months.

It's pretty unlucky and sad. They must be devastated. I would be if I had been working hard to please my customers (because I'm sure they were honest about listening to us for Ultron)

Now, bringing some sense of humour, let's get back in time :
    Can you confirm if it will have a twelve-hour+ overlap with the Simulator PvE?

Yes. Sorry.

Don't forget the last two PVPs overlap too. I wish you guys could have worked it out so it's offseason and Simulator is done so we can fully focus on this new event.

We tried asking Marvel to change the release date of their movie to the off season and they just stared at us.

For what it's worth, the 2nd run of the event starts in the off season.

Maybe Marvel should have listened to you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bbtrpt1
    bbtrpt1 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Still messed up for me. All I have is the prologue. iOS.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about first fixing the Simulator event having gone bye-bye from our PvE list before trying to fix the broken trainwreck that is the Ultron event?
    Pull that broken PoS from live, roll back to a stable state and relaunch once it's fixed.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:

Speaking only for me, I was at work. So I got home at about 7pm GMT to give this a go...and I'v never even seen the event tile, never mind entered it.
    No idea what my alliance is up to since I can't communicate with them. No idea if we have made any progress or not.

The event started, what, 8 hours ago? Less? Surely it's better to cut their losses and rather than lose out on event time just say "Sorry guys, we derped. We're resetting the timer to 4.5 days starting Saturday instead of Friday".
    Remember that time they took a "wait and see" approach.

And then the next day said that it was way too late to do anything? Yeahhhhhh

Ugh, yeah I do remember that now. I thought the same thing back then too, just chalk it up as a bumpy start and reset the event.
    Though...wasn't that later into the event, whatever it was? I'm likely mis-remembering.
    The problem happened like, 2-3 hours into the event. About the same time of day as now
  • When I open it now (iOS), I see the basic storyline, no Versus events, No alliance, and it says "login failed" if I try to connect to Facebook (because it has logged me out).
  • Haven't been able to connect for over an hour and a half
  • I understood each round would have lasted 8 hours each.

But after 5 hours, even if people couldn't join the event, we were at Round 4.

So I missed the first 2 rounds.

I'm sure that if each Round lasted 8 hours with the cooldown, then less people would play at the same time.

For the ones who could play the event normally since the beginning, we were already at 44 nodes in 5 hours ?

That's a lot... Especially when several events are running at the same time.
  • Still no events or alliance here, only prologue. Android.
  • This is some ****. This is the one game I have spent money on and the devlopers keep changing the game and characters, now I was top 10 in the Mystique event and all of a sudden the server crashes, I had also started playing the Ultron event. What bothers me most is I keep getting alerts letting me know I have been defeated in the Identity Challenge event thus loosing out on time and awards earned. How is this fair that others are playing while some lime myself are locked out?? What is going to be done about all the time lost on events we can not get access to???? icon_evil.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any further updates on this? I'm still not seeing any events.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I understood each round would have lasted 8 hours each.

But after 5 hours, even if people couldn't join the event, we were at Round 4.

So I missed the first 2 rounds.

I'm sure that if each Round lasted 8 hours with the cooldown, then less people would play at the same time.

For the ones who could play the event normally since the beginning, we were already at 44 nodes in 5 hours ?

That's a lot... Especially when several events are running at the same time.
    The first three rounds are comically easy for an alliance with even 10 people playing at that time. I think round 1 is clear Ultron 11 times total, round 2 is 20 times, and round 3 is ~40 times. All said that's super easy for just 10 people or even less.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    It's on now (iOS), It left me with only one hour to finish Simulator and two hours to complete Identity theft instead of the whole evening...