Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• allorin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Sitting at around #25 unshielded. Hopefully can save 100 HP and still finish top 45.

Good luck! I need Spidey covers more than you do... icon_e_wink.gif

They need to have Black Hulk as reward....then it's going to get crazy.
  • So i shielded at 850 points in second place, 100 odd more than 3rd. my shield will run out with half an hour to spare( had to shield early as was getting attacked) do you think that could be enough to get a top 5???
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No, you will get annihilated in the last hour if you are not shielded, if you want your place put up another shield.

In the last hour the zerg are out in force trying to get as high of a place as they can, they are skipping through a 100 15-18 point matches, when you pop up with a juicy 35 points with a squishy team you will wind up in the top 200 by time the beating ends.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The guy who is top of my bracket has over 800 points with only a 4/4/5 patch @ level 100 a max level OBW and literally everyone else is still at base level.
    Looks like he may have sold his Wolvie and Thor previously when they got nerfed though.
    He's been shielding the whole tournie too.
    I tried to push up to 5th with 700+ points, I was always waiting for the 3 hour mark to shield up. So I take a fight one minute before the clock turns and as soon as I come out the fight I lose 60 points (give or take) to drop to 663 points so I've just shielded up at 8th.
    Don't really need that yellow anyway I guess... Means I can make a 4/4/4 spidey if I get blue and purple.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Shielded in 4th at 647 points. 5th has 646 ohohoho.
  • Just got attacked for -4 points WHEN MY SHIELD IS UP????????seriously does anything work in this game?
  • Twysta
    Options
    Did you actually lose 4 points?
  • Twysta wrote:

nope i lost 1 point...... havent a clue how that happened. imagine if i was joint top and lost that point. ooooh smashed phone
  • over_clocked
    Options
    This is crazy; the competition for top 15 sure is fierce. I wouldn't mind getting a coveted second yellow cover or just a 4th blue along with purple, but 100 HP is really all that matters since I need a free cover slot.
    thumb.pngthumb.png
  • Twysta
    Options
    Hmm weird.

On another note I always feel quite satisfied when I put my shield up and a string of attacks comes up on my screen.
    It always reassures me that I've spent my HP well and I didn't just waste it!

Just wish people would lose to my teams more.
    I only get 1 or 2 defensive wins per tourney icon_e_sad.gif
  • Twysta
    Options
    locked wrote:
    This is crazy; the competition for top 15 sure is fierce. I wouldn't mind getting a coveted second yellow cover or just a 4th blue along with purple, but 100 HP is really all that matters since I need a free cover slot.
    thumb.pngthumb.png

My top 5 all have over 700 points. I really need to start finding easier brackets XD
  • Twysta wrote:

nope i lost 1 point...... havent a clue how that happened. imagine if i was joint top and lost that point. ooooh smashed phone

Hmm very weird. I'm seeing you unmoved at 848, been there since about an hour ago. Maybe your client didn't have the actual points until it synced after the attack?
  • allorin wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Sitting at around #25 unshielded. Hopefully can save 100 HP and still finish top 45.

Good luck! I need Spidey covers more than you do... icon_e_wink.gif

I ended up selling out fellow forum goers for 500 iso when I realized I didn't have the 600 rating reward yet (500 iso).

There's surprisingly little action in the 2-2.5h left period, at least for me. Probably because people are just done shielding?
  • Linxis wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Hmm very weird. I'm seeing you unmoved at 848, been there since about an hour ago. Maybe your client didn't have the actual points until it synced after the attack?

Havent a clue but its strange nonetheless. see you in my queue a few times today...kept skipping you lol
  • Trying to lose points to get a better spot and it's freaking hard to do LoL
  • Linxis wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Havent a clue but its strange nonetheless. see you in my queue a few times today...kept skipping you lol

Hehe, same here. There was a point during the grind when matchmaking kept on giving a list of only 5 opponents including you and rangofett, thankfully got past that after a few matches.
  • Clint wrote:
    No, you will get annihilated in the last hour if you are not shielded, if you want your place put up another shield.

In the last hour the zerg are out in force trying to get as high of a place as they can, they are skipping through a 100 15-18 point matches, when you pop up with a juicy 35 points with a squishy team you will wind up in the top 200 by time the beating ends.

is that you sitting #1 in our bracket shielded? I didn't need IW so hope to just place top 45 or better without shielding. Will see.
  • Hmm...#1 in my bracket isn't very competitive, but I'm going to resist temptation, since I don't need Spidey covers and I'd like to someday rebuild Thor as 3/5/5.
  • [/quote]
    Hehe, same here. There was a point during the grind when matchmaking kept on giving a list of only 5 opponents including you and rangofett, thankfully got past that after a few matches.[/quote]

i dont like the look of this PHRAEG guy. he is gaining fast. hopefully he shields soon lol
  • Twysta
    Options
    I'm slipping down on mine... :/ I don't miss out on a blue cover. I need another blue.