Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• Clint wrote:
    Blade88 is working his **** off for his second IW cover icon_razz.gif I am actually rooting for him now. Odd huh?

its fun to watch. Maybe I'm just getting soft. I am letting and rooting for the guys below me to jump me if I see they have an incomplete spidey. Though I could use the iso and another 25hp, I'm just gonna sit and root them on.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Don't know why I just shielded. I was winning half my defenses. Dat 85 Patch <3

Then again, I was intentionally trying to make sure I don't get the 2-5 reward
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm losing every defense even with a 100 patch :/
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Twysta wrote:

Who else are you using?
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think all my losses(recently) happen due to OBW and her advanced recon. I'm controlling the board, loading up AP to finish off some fools and then she gets off a cascade that gives her enough purple to steal mine, and then level 100 Punishers and Patches go to work on my team. 2 full wipes tonight because of that.
  • Twysta
    edited February 2014
    Options
    100 punisher and either 85 OBW or 75 Spider (4/3/3)
    Patch is 3/5/5
    Punisher is 5/3/5
  • Twysta wrote:

who are you pairing him with?
  • Kelbris
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Patch is 3/5/5
    Punisher is 5/3/5

I'm using OBW and spidey, but mine has 5 in blue

Could be the difference maker
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I think all my losses(recently) happen due to OBW and her advanced recon. I'm controlling the board, loading up AP to finish off some fools and then she gets off a cascade that gives her enough purple to steal mine, and then level 100 Punishers and Patches go to work on my team. 2 full wipes tonight because of that.

That's been happening to me in the Daredevil PVP tonight...I need to pay more attention to her AP.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Oh man, I'm sitting right on the edge of blue now. I'm 15th. 10 mins to go.
    Kelbris wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Patch is 3/5/5
    Punisher is 5/3/5

I'm using OBW and spidey

Yeah I might try that, I thought it was too squishy but can't be more squishy than I am now.
    That or I'm in a bad (MMR) place.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Currently in 10th. I think I'll be nice and not worry about the rest of the tournament: I only need top 45 for purple anyways.
  • I'm so jealous of the 4 players ahead of me. They are all unshielded and not moving down or up at all. What happened to the piranha feeding frenzy at the end?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm so jealous of the 4 players ahead of me. They are all unshielded and not moving down or up at all. What happened to the piranha feeding frenzy at the end?
    Definitely was way more subdued this round.
  • Yay pushed from 100 to top 40 in the last 10 minutes I think.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

The only person I kill before OBW is Modern Storm. Otherwise I start matches denying her purple and blue till she is dead.
  • Got 2nd......just about lol was so close to 1st too but some **** attacked me 4 times in a row...oh well spidey here i come icon_e_smile.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm so jealous of the 4 players ahead of me. They are all unshielded and not moving down or up at all. What happened to the piranha feeding frenzy at the end?
    Definitely was way more subdued this round.

Dude, I think the last match you played was this morning wasnt it Evilsongoku? You sat at 610 for hours, then lost 1 match down to 570 where you sat forever after.
  • Got 2nd......just about lol was so close to 1st too but some **** attacked me 4 times in a row...oh well spidey here i come icon_e_smile.gif

Should have shielded running that team of yours. Easy 200 points.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Must've been less frenetic, i got bounced from 5th to 6th in the last few seconds of play. Oh well, that's the gamble you make.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mid-tier players. 8/10 of my top ten were players that only had leveled up two star heroes.
  • This tournament is weird to the limits. 20 mins before the end I saw one named 'Kilo27' with 530+ points in #11.

Roster (have snapshot, how I can attach it?): IM35/50 OBW/53, Jug/40, Ares/32, Bagman/6, Captain/13, Spiderman/18 (0/1/1), and the feeatured critters: Wol** 2/3/2 lvl22 Patch 0/1/0 lvl15.

Would go down in 20 seconds just from tiles from about anyone around -- for that position he must be completely invisible and beat lvl10 hammer guys instead of the featured buffed characters.

All fair competition just for you. icon_e_sad.gif