Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• Clint wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm so jealous of the 4 players ahead of me. They are all unshielded and not moving down or up at all. What happened to the piranha feeding frenzy at the end?
    Definitely was way more subdued this round.

Dude, I think the last match you played was this morning wasnt it Evilsongoku? You sat at 610 for hours, then lost 1 match down to 570 where you sat forever after.

Yep. Didn't play for like last 14 hours. I won about 3 or 4 defenses which kept me from free falling. I tanked nearly all LR this week bc of work so I got out if MMR hell for one tourney.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got my first IW cover. Mostly happy as that now means I have at least one cover for each hero.

My Spidey is currently 12/13 covers, so I'm tempted to start a second one, in case his rebalancing is particularly harsh.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    The only person I kill before OBW is Modern Storm. Otherwise I start matches denying her purple and blue till she is dead.
    I kill oBW before mStorm, but then I usually kill Bullseye or high blue Hood (thank pasta they are easier to kill than anyone) before oBW.

upd:
    Wow, I got pushed out of top 45 in the very last minutes, but top 75 is still great, I can continue rebuilding Thor.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yay!, 3rd and final yellow cover for IW, That was a bit of work at the end. Forced me to push for the 900 ISO reward though, the 1K ISO helped.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Just got my first IW cover. Mostly happy as that now means I have at least one cover for each hero.

My Spidey is currently 12/13 covers, so I'm tempted to start a second one, in case his rebalancing is particularly harsh.

yep. Gonna hold onto mine but I just dont see myself investing all that iso again.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

yep. Gonna hold onto mine but I just dont see myself investing all that iso again.

Wait for respec imo, its not going to be worth the iso investment for a marginally better spidey.
  • Clint wrote:
    Yay!, 3rd and final yellow cover for IW, That was a bit of work at the end. Forced me to push for the 900 ISO reward though, the 1K ISO helped.

Congrats. Yeah I think I will go 3/5/5 for her too but can't get myself to invest iso into her so I still haven't even fired off her moves yet. Locking up the board with blue has me intrigued.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Wait for respec imo, its not going to be worth the iso investment for a marginally better spidey.
    Isn't it said that a respeccing option might hurt the economy too much?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hooray! I held on to my top 45 finish, so that's a 3/1/5 Spiderman for me - max level of 92, so I think he's probably getting to the point of being useful.
    I had some nasty fights in this PvP, and ending up enjoying it quite a bit, even though I lost more than usual. I think I won about fifteen fights and lost four.
  • Got top 45. I made a push when I realized there was an extra 50 HP for it.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got my spidey at 4/4/4 now so all I need is a blue...
    Hopefully with that even with a nerf I'm still kind of level playing field that it won't hurt too much unless one of the abilities at level 5 becomes uber.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Finished third with 700 points. Put a shield 6 hours ago when I was leading.

The winner in my bracket has 848 points unshielded with 85 Thor, 81 Wolverine, 61 OBW and a bunch of maxed 1* characters. He managed to win more than 50 points in less than 2 minutes.

I couldnt care less for another yellow IW, but the guy on 2nd place must be rabid.
  • Only need a blue cover, but accidentally ended up in the top 5 due to defense wins. My Spidey is now 3/3/5 and in desperate need of ISO.
  • 675 didn't even get me into the top 5 in my bracket. icon_e_sad.gif

I hate my MMR ranking, I hated this bracket, and I hated the cascade gods this tourney. Only good thing was I wasn't seeing Nemek every tenth roll this time, so his MMR must have shot up even more than mine.

end /whine. oh well, time to sell *another* pink spidey
  • Got a red rags with my token from this....that used to make me happy LoL
  • qtquazar wrote:
    675 didn't even get me into the top 5 in my bracket. icon_e_sad.gif

I hate my MMR ranking, I hated this bracket, and I hated the cascade gods this tourney. Only good thing was I wasn't seeing Nemek every tenth roll this time, so his MMR must have shot up even more than mine.

end /whine. oh well, time to sell *another* pink spidey

That sucks dude. I think that score would have won my bracket. I shielded last night with 601, which was enough to hold on to 5th.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    663 got me in at 15th in my bracket.
  • locked wrote:
    Isn't it said that a respeccing option might hurt the economy too much?

What economy? There's no trading in this game, thus no economy.

A respec option would only help D3. As proposed, it would require new covers to overwrite the old ones, which means more people fighting for covers for characters they already have maxed. You might even want to constantly change your spec back and forth and fight for lots of covers.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    finished 16th. suck. missed out on getting my first blue spider cover.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    A respec option would only help D3. As proposed, it would require new covers to overwrite the old ones, which means more people fighting for covers for characters they already have maxed. You might even want to constantly change your spec back and forth and fight for lots of covers.
    I meant the economy from selling the covers, packs and HP, of course. But I never heard of this particular idea, it seems plausible. Better than having to issue separate slots for separate builds.