Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• windfallstar
    Options
    Got to 7th and threw up a shield. I'm pretty confident it'll be good enough for top 15 but who knows really. Crazy stuff happens in the last hour.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Urfff... made it to 10th, then lost a battle (it was a heck of a close fight; down to my 300 HP Thor vs. the 42 HP enemy wolverine - almost made it), then got hit twice and it dropped me to 25th. I threw out a shield, so hopefully it will be enough to land a top 45th. That will grant me a 3/1/5 Spiderman if so, wheee.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    No, you will get annihilated in the last hour if you are not shielded, if you want your place put up another shield.

In the last hour the zerg are out in force trying to get as high of a place as they can, they are skipping through a 100 15-18 point matches, when you pop up with a juicy 35 points with a squishy team you will wind up in the top 200 by time the beating ends.

is that you sitting #1 in our bracket shielded? I didn't need IW so hope to just place top 45 or better without shielding. Will see.

Yeah, I can't believe you have been left alone for so long without an attack
  • Clint wrote:
    Clint wrote:
    No, you will get annihilated in the last hour if you are not shielded, if you want your place put up another shield.

In the last hour the zerg are out in force trying to get as high of a place as they can, they are skipping through a 100 15-18 point matches, when you pop up with a juicy 35 points with a squishy team you will wind up in the top 200 by time the beating ends.

is that you sitting #1 in our bracket shielded? I didn't need IW so hope to just place top 45 or better without shielding. Will see.

me too. Haven't been able to play bc of work and took family out to dinner. Was not fighting for #1 but wanted a decent position. I have been hit for over 100 pts but won nearly half od it back on defensive wins.
  • I'm gonna start grinding for ISO and see where I end up. Haven't had the energy to play today.
  • Clint wrote:
    Clint wrote:

Blade88 is moving in on you. Good luck man.
  • Clintman
    Options
    Yeah he was up to 856, then got blasted, he has been unshielded for a very long time so he is a juicy target now. Lot of exposed time, kind of expecting him to finish one of his fights with -150 points.

At any rate, I will push soon again.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    me too. Haven't been able to play bc of work and took family out to dinner. Was not fighting for #1 but wanted a decent position. I have been hit for over 100 pts but won nearly half od it back on defensive wins.
    I saw you twice in my queue, but it definitely was not worth the time to kick the points off you icon_e_biggrin.gif And something about forum-goers as well.

All I am doing is sitting here retaliating.
  • Clintman
    Options
    The Piranha have him now.

I just wish he was in my MMR, would love to chew him down icon_e_smile.gif
  • Clint wrote:

Yep. Got too greedy but its hard to time it without some luck. He should just shield and be happy with top5 to build/finish his spidey rather than get smacked outside top 5.
  • Clintman
    Options
    Clint wrote:

Yep. Got too greedy but its hard to time it without some luck. He should just shield and be happy with top5 to build/finish his spidey rather than get smacked outside top 5.

Waiting on the wife to come take my son so I can make a new push.
  • So happy that I'll get my fifth blue cover. Hopefully I'll have a bit of time to play with him before the nerf bat.
  • There should be like a virtual representation of the last 3 hours of a tournament. Would be pretty fun to watch.
  • Clintman
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There should be like a virtual representation of the last 3 hours of a tournament. Would be pretty fun to watch.

Think I saw you in my MMR Phantron, how are you doing in this event?
  • Clint wrote:
    Clint wrote:

He's persistent, I'll give him that. With just a 75ish team, he's held up well.
  • Shielded with the intention of getting top 15, but a few defensive victories may get me top 5. People always seem to underestimate the Punisher.
  • Clintman
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    Clint wrote:

He's persistent, I'll give him that. With just a 75ish team, he's held up well.

He is holding up super well really, I totally expected him to get ripped down really far. If he takes the IW cover I will consider it a prize well won.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I am third with 706, first has 728 and I have a 23 point match in my queue...I am very tempted to play it, but I know I'll get hit for -80 or something crazy.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    There should be like a virtual representation of the last 3 hours of a tournament. Would be pretty fun to watch.

I'm feeling quite tense. I did manage to claw back up to #1 in my bracket, pushed just over 700 just past the 8 hour mark, but only a 20 point lead over 2nd. I saw someone make a push earlier, to be only 5 points behind me, but then they just sat there unshielded. Didn't take long for him to drop again.

So now I'm refreshing every 2 minutes to make sure no-one unshields and tries to pass me.
  • Clintman
    Options
    Blade88 is working his **** off for his second IW cover icon_razz.gif I am actually rooting for him now. Odd huh?

Awww he was up to 834, just got popped down to 809, still damn good considering his roster.