Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Been taking and what not this whole tourney. Gonna grab 3 standards at the end and be happy. Lol

Psyko, thanks for the tank team in one of the recent LR's...you came up a few times in a row for me with some low level guys...it helped me get the ISO I was trying for. So, thank you again.
  • I went to bed in 3rd place up at 472 points. Only lost 163 overnight. That's not bad. Down to 309 now and 73rd place.

Other than IW yellow I don't really need the placement rewards since I have a 3/5/5 Spidey and I'm not rebuilding my 5/4/4 Thor right now.

Just can't decide if I should stockpile some Spidey covers and start building a 2nd one in case the nerf ruins the 3/5/5 configuration.
  • Been taking and what not this whole tourney. Gonna grab 3 standards at the end and be happy. Lol

Psyko, thanks for the tank team in one of the recent LR's...you came up a few times in a row for me with some low level guys...it helped me get the ISO I was trying for. So, thank you again.

Thanks for taking my mmr down a notch then. Hehe
    Tanking is difficult. You got be very very persistent in tourneys you don't wanna play. Lol
  • Can't even get to 600, had it 6 times over the last hour and a half only to get hit 1-3 times during the match. Spinning my tires against the same 6 ppl while the rest of my bracket is idle at 550 not being attacked. Great system. Give up for now.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    No it doesn't.

Dude, your pointless remark just helped me realize something even better than before. Many players like you who prefer to play the easy way and stomp on any lower leveled team when convenient, actually got used to such a playstyle. After changes (hint: all the nerfs and fixes which I never even witnessed personally bar Thor/Wolverine) you find the game 'hard' for you. Your brains got soft and lost the taste for challenge.

You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
  • locked wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    No it doesn't.

Dude, your pointless remark just helped me realize something even better than before. Many players like you who prefer to play the easy way and stomp on any lower leveled team when convenient, actually got used to such a playstyle. After changes (hint: all the nerfs and fixes which I never even witnessed personally bar Thor/Wolverine) you find the game 'hard' for you. Your brains got soft and lost the taste for challenge.

The game isn't hard for me at all. I still place the top of every event I choose to participate in and compete. I don't use the nerfed characters. You're just a whiny brat. Everyone on these forums knows it and knows how pathetic you are.
  • locked wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    No it doesn't.

I just prefer to fight a bunch of easy minions with an occasional "boss" with increased difficulty.
    I don't want an entire game filled with nothing but the most difficult enemy. Then the game also rewards you better this way.

All we are doing is playing the game. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so I finally got hit, 30-some points down...thing is he hit me with a **-Wolverine, but gets placed in my xforce-slot, so I can't even retaliate. not that I would for only 6 ponts, but still, shouldn't a retaliatory game be either placed depending on which team of you he attacked or with which wolverine he attacked?

I've had to ignore pretty much every fight that is in my x-force slot. I was wondering if anyone else has had point issues. I was at 598 last night, I shielded to win one match for 20 points. I won and my score was 607 after...I was. Of attacked either. No wonder the US is falling behind in math.

The math is fine. The problem is that the computer numbers in the background aren't whole, and are rounded to integers for display purposes. So you might have been on 597.7 rounded to 598, won 19.7 rounded to 20 and ended up with 607.4 rounded to 607.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    so I finally got hit, 30-some points down...thing is he hit me with a **-Wolverine, but gets placed in my xforce-slot, so I can't even retaliate. not that I would for only 6 ponts, but still, shouldn't a retaliatory game be either placed depending on which team of you he attacked or with which wolverine he attacked?

I've had to ignore pretty much every fight that is in my x-force slot. I was wondering if anyone else has had point issues. I was at 598 last night, I shielded to win one match for 20 points. I won and my score was 607 after...I was. Of attacked either. No wonder the US is falling behind in math.

The math is fine. The problem is that the computer numbers in the background aren't whole, and are rounded to integers for display purposes. So you might have been on 597.7 rounded to 598, won 19.7 rounded to 20 and ended up with 607.4 rounded to 607.

Rounding may be a small part of it, but the more likely explanation is that NighteyesGrisu's opponent was smacked with attacks during the round they played, so although the game displayed a +20 pt. gain at the end of the match, when the server got pinged, the opponent's actual value was lower and so provided less than 20 points.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    I don't use the nerfed characters.

The important point is if you ever did use them and promptly abandon them after nerfing. If they helped you to pave your path to the current public favorites and any stockpiles of HP you are free to use now on shields and whatnot. Tell me there was none of it, I beg you.
    Also, your ethics are hilarious; please continue to disgrace yourself even more that anyone ever could.
  • What walk said^^^ +1
  • I feel like this thread is getting close to the point of needing an obligatory:

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
  • I've had to ignore pretty much every fight that is in my x-force slot. I was wondering if anyone else has had point issues. I was at 598 last night, I shielded to win one match for 20 points. I won and my score was 607 after...I was. Of attacked either. No wonder the US is falling behind in math.

The value is just an estimate of the points you will get for winning. If in the mean time the person you are fighting has lost/won several fights you will get points based on their new position. This is most noticeable if you select a fight + only come back to do the fight a few hours later.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Thanks for the clarification, but shouldn't he have 617 in the end?
  • locked wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I don't use the nerfed characters.

The important point is if you ever did use them and promptly abandon them after nerfing. If they helped you to pave your path to the current public favorites and any stockpiles of HP you are free to use now on shields and whatnot. Tell me there was none of it, I beg you.
    Also, your ethics are hilarious; please continue to disgrace yourself even more that anyone ever could.

I haven't used Thor outside of buffed tourneys in months. Because this game is about progression. Like I said to you, stop fighting seed teams. You're complaining in multiple threads about a high level team that popped up in your queue. Stop being a wimp and target them, the game is clearly telling you that's your appropriate level of team.

But no, you're going to piss and moan and cry like a baby. Nobody on this forum is taking your side FYI, you're like Don Quixote except dumber, tilting at virtual windmills.
  • notreck wrote:
    oh boy even boosted, xforce is really bad

green lvl 142
    9880hp
    strike tiles are 16dmg

Laughable, isn't it? I have a Lv80 version, creating 12dmg strike tiles. Hard to imagine that max level is much better.

Meanwhile, Patch is pumping out strike tiles in the hundreds, it's barely believable how poor X-Force is in comparison. He's going to need a serious buff to be brought into any sort of contention for selection.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    I haven't used Thor outside of buffed tourneys in months. Because this game is about progression. Like I said to you, stop fighting seed teams. You're complaining in multiple threads about a high level team that popped up in your queue. Stop being a wimp and target them, the game is clearly telling you that's your appropriate level of team.
    Stop being absurd. Of course I'm mostly referring to cStorm, Loki (heard he was too great before a fix), Ragnarok. Especially Ragnarok.
    Also, don't tell me what to do if you don't want me to tell you what to do.
    My MMR is adequate like I said before, weird you can't get that into your head since you seem to stalk my posts in such an unhealthy manner. The game does not offer me overleveled opponents; not often; they target me first and not even always because I am such a 'juicy' target. I'm okay with it and can get a laugh out of it, unless they are being senseless about it and attack multiple times.
    Also, there's no need for you to bash me and try to protect your pals or whatever reasoning you can sputter out, it just looks hilarious. An old timer feels the BURNING desire to show the novice where their proper place is. I won't say which part of your body is burning, but it is on fire so nice and hot, I feel warm here in frozen mountains.
  • You guys should just make a thread and go at it. I'm tired of refreshing multiple threads to read all this.
  • You are incredibly **** weird. Your posts read like a crazy person having a meltdown.

I never used Ragnarok, never used Loki. I play the way I want to play and I have great success for it. I don't rely on crutches, I don't whine about being attacked by difficult teams, and I don't whine constantly about everything else. Like you do. In every thread.

Stop being a baby and grow up already.
  • You guys should just make a thread and go at it. I'm tired of refreshing multiple threads to read all this.

I wish the forum could automatically sandbox arguments like this, like the game does cheaters icon_mrgreen.gif