Best There Is - PvP tourney

Options

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    xinyucao wrote:
    If you are on top, you must be in a relatively non- competitive MMR range.

Because when I go above 500, I have retaliation every 5 minutes. Lol.

Ive tanked 4 LR, I guess that won't work now, you just need luck to have no one retaliate against you.

I was in the top 10 all night, only hit once...then this morning I pushed for the 500 reward. Haven't been hit in the last hour or so...I'll never understand how this MMR thingy works, I only tanked one 2 LRs myself icon_e_smile.gif
  • yay, just topped my bracket as well....too bad it won't last, especially since I'll be off for the last 6h of the tournament...

Screenshot_2014_02_07_07_56_54.jpg

Does anybody have any ideas what could be done to make the tournaments more fun/competitive outside of the last 12h or so? I mean, at the moment there's little to no incentive to even start before that, just grind yourself up in the last few hours, shield and be done with it.

It would be nice if there were some added incentive to start early like rewards for placements (you get something if you stay in the top 10 for 6h or something like that)?

Uhmmm, ISO? I made around 5k in three hours last night. Figure I start today's run at my bracket with some 'starter' points too. (Was 400, but lost 100 overnight, so 300 "head start".)
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    allorin wrote:
    Uhmmm, ISO? I made around 5k in three hours last night. Figure I start today's run at my bracket with some 'starter' points too. (Was 400, but lost 100 overnight, so 300 "head start".)

yeah, but I want more icon_e_wink.gif

besides to get ISO it doesn't matter how hard you rank, so you can fight, and once the opposition gets too hard tank, then fight again, etc. As far as ISO is concerned it doesn't really matter where you rank, just how many matches you win.

at the very least they could revamp the progression rewards so that they're actually reachable...or has anybody recently the second 50hp reward? or the first *** cover?
  • xinyucao wrote:
    If you are on top, you must be in a relatively non- competitive MMR range.

Because when I go above 500, I have retaliation every 5 minutes. Lol.

Ive tanked 4 LR, I guess that won't work now, you just need luck to have no one retaliate against you.
    Yeah, refer to earlier posts, TheUnwiseOne is enjoying a magical MMR bubble overflowing with free stuff on platters. Before anyone complains they had to work hard for their 3*s and they're disgusted at all these dirty scrubs catching up to them getting an easy ride: which two 2* characters did you use for most of your early 3* acquisitions? And did you sell the extra 3*s and odd 4* the flaky early implementation of shields gave to anyone who wanted them, because you felt they'd come a bit too easily?

I went to 400-odd last night my time without switching out my new heavy hitter, Level 25 Loki. Attacked incessantly, obviously, but oddly people seemed to want to get into retaliation exchanges from much higher ratings so it wasn't the grind on the spot it should've been. Either they were just ISO grinding, too, and didn't care, or people take offense when a borderline joke team beats them and can't be sensible about it, I dunno. Still too low to shield and too tired to keep going, so likely back down to nowhere by now.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    That dude just hit me for 5 points. Can you believe him? lol
    I wish my heroes were 85, then I could beat him for juicy 45 points without batting an eye. With my Wolverine at 53 and oBW at 69 (I also usually run 45 lvl m. Storm, ta da!), too much risk and bother.
    thumb.png
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    so I finally got hit, 30-some points down...thing is he hit me with a **-Wolverine, but gets placed in my xforce-slot, so I can't even retaliate. not that I would for only 6 ponts, but still, shouldn't a retaliatory game be either placed depending on which team of you he attacked or with which wolverine he attacked?
  • I have my 3* mostly 85 with punisher at 116, attacks seem to be a lot less now.

Is it possible to have some high rating guy hit on you ? That's so unfair about how he managed to get 900 rating by beating low levels whereas I dont even seem to be able to find any low levels on my part.

Earlofevil is quite a hardcore player though, just couldn't believe he tanked so much to skip playing against proper leveled players lol.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Healed up my injured, but not mortally, oBW and Wolverine** in the lonely 115 Ragnarok mission from Prologue. Ready to retaliate again.
    Sadly, Venom missions have long outlived their usefulness since Venom dies faster than I can gain 13 yellow for Spidey to heal xD
    xinyucao wrote:
    Is it possible to have some high rating guy hit on you ? That's so unfair about how he managed to get 900 rating by beating low levels whereas I dont even seem to be able to find any low levels on my part.

Earlofevil is quite a hardcore player though, just couldn't believe he tanked so much to skip playing against proper leveled players lol.

He just did today, and it's not like I was a good target even with him getting 5 points in the aftermath and me possibly retaliating for 45 (I could do that, but with boosts, and I abandoned buying boosts in PVP). Yep some guys find the game 'hard' for them when they hit 100+ levels, can you imagine?
  • Yes, I can imagine that. The higher up I am the more retaliation I get.

When I only had 2* teams, the fight is a lot less competitive than with 3* 85 teams. Obviously, I am low for the 3* league, hence more attack than before.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    xinyucao wrote:
    Yes, I can imagine that. The higher up I am the more retaliation I get.

When I only had 2* teams, the fight is a lot less competitive than with 3* 85 teams. Obviously, I am low for the 3* league, hence more attack than before.
    Don't worry much, some lost matches and your MMR should improve and you will be moved to the likes of you. I know I don't see lvl 141 guys often. Thank pasta.
  • locked wrote:
    Yep some guys find the game 'hard' for them when they hit 100+ levels, can you imagine?
    Have you stalked the top 10 rosters in any bracket lately? Multiple anecdotes suggest, though certainly don't prove, it's currently about as easy, possibly easier, to clear 600-700 playing sportingly with a half-leveled 2* roster than a 3*. And the game's match-making is a convoluted trainwreck that's pretty laughably easy to cheat, despite Demiurge's repeated efforts to close loopholes. Maybe the guy hasn't finished his Spidey. Maybe he's building a 3/3/3 backup for when the nerf bat finally encounters the Parker face. Maybe he just likes winning. Whatever his reasons, he's taking a path of least resistance the game's structure actively encourages. If you can't put up with it and won't join in, the sensible course would be to switch to a better designed game. Everyone around here seems pretty keen on Hearthstone.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm only playing in the Patch node for now. I got attacked on the X-Force Wolverine node which I can't retaliate since I do not have that cover. Does this mean that my next token will magically give me a X-Force Wolverine? >.<
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have limited free time today, so I've spent my first 24 hour shield (only trying for the Top 45) this time around. If you see "ZeiramMR" feel free to attack. I don't do tanking, so it is a mid-tier Patch/Spidey/OBW team instead of something really easy.

That said, I've been trying Shield Training for the first time, and apologies to anyone competing there and taking big point losses. Without skipping, everything I was getting was 700-1000 progression. I did play against lowest rank in order to try to make the loss as minimal to people as possible, but there's only so much one can do.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I have limited free time today, so I've spent my first 24 hour shield (only trying for the Top 45) this time around. If you see "ZeiramMR" feel free to attack. I don't do tanking, so it is a mid-tier Patch/Spidey/OBW team instead of something really easy.

That said, I've been trying Shield Training for the first time, and apologies to anyone competing there and taking big point losses. Without skipping, everything I was getting was 700-1000 progression. I did play against lowest rank in order to try to make the loss as minimal to people as possible, but there's only so much one can do.

I don't think anyone is competing there. I think we mostly use it to scratch together ISO when we have done something foolish to our reserve.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is the impression I've gathered from the forums too.
  • Made it up to the HP progression reward. Time to tank to some thor covers.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Yep some guys find the game 'hard' for them when they hit 100+ levels, can you imagine?
    Have you stalked the top 10 rosters in any bracket lately? Multiple anecdotes suggest, though certainly don't prove, it's currently about as easy, possibly easier, to clear 600-700 playing sportingly with a half-leveled 2* roster than a 3*. And the game's match-making is a convoluted trainwreck that's pretty laughably easy to cheat, despite Demiurge's repeated efforts to close loopholes. Maybe the guy hasn't finished his Spidey. Maybe he's building a 3/3/3 backup for when the nerf bat finally encounters the Parker face. Maybe he just likes winning. Whatever his reasons, he's taking a path of least resistance the game's structure actively encourages. If you can't put up with it and won't join in, the sensible course would be to switch to a better designed game. Everyone around here seems pretty keen on Hearthstone.
    No way, I love Puzzle Quest and Marvel too much. But what these players do isn't even logical since there's always possibility of retaliation. Actually next time I detect such behaviour I will try and boost up and beat the overleveled team for lulz and sweet points and also to teach them a lesson. I don't care what their reasons are, least resistance always punishes you in the end.
  • Been taking and what not this whole tourney. Gonna grab 3 standards at the end and be happy. Lol
  • locked wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    locked wrote:
    No way, I love Puzzle Quest and Marvel too much. But what these players do isn't even logical since there's always possibility of retaliation. Actually next time I detect such behaviour I will try and boost up and beat the overleveled team for lulz and sweet points and also to teach them a lesson. I don't care what their reasons are, least resistance always punishes you in the end.

No it doesn't.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    so I finally got hit, 30-some points down...thing is he hit me with a **-Wolverine, but gets placed in my xforce-slot, so I can't even retaliate. not that I would for only 6 ponts, but still, shouldn't a retaliatory game be either placed depending on which team of you he attacked or with which wolverine he attacked?

I've had to ignore pretty much every fight that is in my x-force slot. I was wondering if anyone else has had point issues. I was at 598 last night, I shielded to win one match for 20 points. I won and my score was 607 after...I was. Of attacked either. No wonder the US is falling behind in math.