Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Options

Comments

• jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't post a lot on here, although I do read the comments.

That being said, making a character who is harder to obtain (Wolverine X-Force 4*) less impactful and relevant that it's lower counterpart is poor game design. That's all I will say.
  • Green is doing under 2K damage now. Black can still dish out the same damage but without the AP drain it has become extremely situational. The yellow is same old. He's junked. I'm not going to rage quit or anything but I don't trust the developers anymore. I won't ever spend another dime.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wolverine (Patch) and Daken (Classic) are still at 6800 but BW, Falcon, and obvious others are at 8075 and higher? Something feels... wrong icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, his green does a sad amount of damage now.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AtomElite wrote:
    Green is doing under 2K damage now.
    Green does any where from around 1800 to 2400 damage, depending on the overlap of the tile destruction. That's a 33% variance which is huge! We need to be able to tell ahead of time how much damage an ability will do. It would be better if they upped the base damage and removed tile destruction damage.
  • AxeVirtuoso
    Options
    Anyway, green damage output is ridiculously low for a 4 star!
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The patch is live for me on Steam. I've played a few matches to start out the Gamora event and here are my quick first impressions:

Invisible Woman is definitely useful now. I just got hammered by one for several thousand damage and a lot of board shake. Now that her invisibility is cheap it is fun to play with (although I'm not sure of the definition of weakest character). I'll definitely experiment with mine and I suspect she'll get into the character rotation.

Beast is much better. It is easy to cast his Blue and get some useful effects from it, and the special placement works correctly. He's not going to be top tier, but he should no longer be a laughingstock any more.

X-Force is still plenty useful, but by no means dominant. If he gets his Black out he'll still probably down a character, but it is no longer game-over (which seems pretty reasonable to me). I ended up using Gamora's green in the match I used him since area effect + strike tiles was much more effective than X-Force damage to one target. But in one match my opponent hit me with an X-Force for about 2400 damage. It is nice to feel like I could attack a big X-Force and have a chance without needing to max boost, but still have to play very carefully.

I used She Hulk in one match, and just couldn't bring myself to use my Green AP for her ability. I think that will be much more of a situational use where your opponent has just gotten a major power ready to activate and you use her Green as a Hail Mary to try to survive. It is kind of hard to see using it throughout the match if you have a good damage dealing green power there.

The change in health seemed like a non-event to me. The matches felt the same, and characters were typically downed by big powers where that extra health really didn't matter anyway.
  • Weakest character is just the guy who currently has the least HP, though the invisibilty tile sets its target at the time of casting, so if someone later becomes the new lowest HP guy he doesn't get the benefit.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Weakest character is just the guy who currently has the least HP, though the invisibilty tile sets its target at the time of casting, so if someone later becomes the new lowest HP guy he doesn't get the benefit.

That is... bizarre, and unexpected. I hadn't used my IW in almost a year or more, but assumed or falsely-remembered that the invisibility effect would shift to the person with the lowest HP at any given moment. Am I remembering that completely wrong, and the effect works the same now as it always did?
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did the health buff go through for some characters? Mags did have 8k health from what I remember...
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magneto had 6500 health before.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    XForce is still quite playable, IMO. Surgical + XForce basically does the same damage, it's just distributed differently.

I miss the AP drain well more than I miss the AP gain.

I'm actually debating not moving to 4/5/4 now, but it might just be because boosted Thunderstrike >>> Recovery

I also got hit with a Furious Charge TU, which drained 23 black from me. That hurt.

The health change doesn't feel like it's had an effect yet. We'll see how that changes when I have a weak featured.
  • XForce is still quite playable, IMO. Surgical + XForce basically does the same damage, it's just distributed differently.

I miss the AP drain well more than I miss the AP gain.

I'm actually debating not moving to 4/5/4 now, but it might just be because boosted Thunderstrike >>> Recovery

I also got hit with a Furious Charge TU, which drained 23 black from me. That hurt.

The health change doesn't feel like it's had an effect yet. We'll see how that changes when I have a weak featured.

Good to hear he's playable. It's not like he got sentry nerfed, or spiderman nerfed.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Good to hear he's playable. It's not like he got sentry nerfed, or spiderman nerfed.

There'll still be lots of complaining about his Green because it's no longer insta-death. He's kinda like a stronger Magneto now.

XForce = stronger Polarized Force, Surgical stronger Magnetized Projectiles, and Recovery > Coercive Field.

One side effect - Hood is everywhere again, at least that I'm seeing skipping through hop targets.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed that X-Force is fine. You can forget about his green (though it is still useful in good nodes for big clearing/shaking) but his black is top notch even without the additional abilities. Even at just level 200, 9 tiles is almost 7k damage; 12 tiles is around 9.5k PLUS board shake. I just paired him with Thor (Patch tanks green for him) to use Call the Storm instead X-Force. Once I have the fight under my belt, I use his yellow to recover to max health so paired with Thor's hig HP, makes a great sustainable team. Once I have a maxed Kamala, she'll replace Thor and that will be an even better combination.

X-Force is still quite good, just not the Best There Is. And that's fine.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but don't forget that the buffed health helps out in PVE.
  • gmp72 wrote:
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but don't forget that the buffed health helps out in PVE.
    not with our out of control scaling
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Hood returned when 4Thor was nerfed. The demotion of XForce will engender far more variety than that of 4Thor did.

Not to this extent, On 4Thor nerf, he was used again, but still lots of 4Thor, Fist, and other XForce partners. Now, 9 out of 10 teams I saw above 800 were running Hood.

Hoping thats just because Thor is such a strong featured, but have my doubts.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hood returned when 4Thor was nerfed. The demotion of XForce will engender far more variety than that of 4Thor did.

Not to this extent, On 4Thor nerf, he was used again, but still lots of 4Thor, Fist, and other XForce partners. Now, 9 out of 10 teams I saw above 800 were running Hood.

Hoping thats just because Thor is such a strong featured, but have my doubts.

Hood and loki teams everywhere on Thor event, I did a ton of points fighting against those teams. Sorry for the player that got hitted at least 3-4 times by me, but it was the only match worth 30 points, and you kept either retaliating or appearing at the nodes when I skipped.

With a 200+ thor those matches are easy, I expect them to be much harder when the feature is someone I don't have lvled or has low dmg.
  • gmp72 wrote:

Only against goons; enemy toons will be buffed as well. Buffed and scaled. So, on the whole ... easy nodes will still be easy. Insane nodes will be even worse. Not my kind of help!
    won't help against goons, even if player characters had goon health they'd die to goons