Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• Again **** updatefrom D3P..4* wolwerine totally useless character..dont know why you srew him abbilities, he was OK..instead of this update, why dont u make changes with slow animations, crashing apps or unbalanced pvp matchmaking ?!

And if you stop making so many new characters and then updating because they are over/low powered, this is also making this game being disappointing
  • Hey All

Bullseye - Old: 2,460 - New: 3,649

So although you're boosting Bullseye here which is much needed, when is he actually going to get another third skill to bring him in line with Doom and Rags?

I was happy to see many of the other proposed changes but man oh man you guys didn't even consult with your player base to test the waters with some of them. Anyway, maybe I'll have a chance at winning when some of the hardcore guys quit icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JusticeB wrote:
    Hey All

So although you're boosting Bullseye here which is much needed, when is he actually going to get another third skill to bring him in line with Doom and Rags?

I was happy to see many of the other proposed changes but man oh man you guys didn't even consult with your player base to test the waters with some of them. Anyway, maybe I'll have a chance at winning when some of the hardcore guys quit icon_e_biggrin.gif
    You want Bullseye to be "in line" with Doom? We're talking about D3 here, not the Justice League. I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    JusticeB wrote:
    Hey All

You want Bullseye to be "in line" with Doom? We're talking about D3 here, not the Justice League. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Only in so much as he should have a third skill and the corresponding boost in health etc. nothing more. But yes of course you're correct, we're speaking about D3 who just wiped out half the veterans with one update.

Go D3 you da man!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Honestly, I've been playing this game for quite a while and have put decent amount of money into this game. That being said; when I put hero points on my account to buy a cover which gets "balanced" and pump iso into a character why when they make such DRASTIC changes to the character (I can't even swap my covers around to put them the way I want to after the changes mind you; the worst offender was Cmags thus far on that account) why am I treated with such disrespect and only offered a PITTANCE compared to what I put into the character if I want to get rid of it now? Do they honestly think I'm just going to sell this for 1/15th of what I put into it and just pump more cash into this game to ramp up someone new to get "balanced" later on and be harvested like some fruit tree every couple of months? I just don't understand why we can't just get full iso/hp refunds when they make such drastic changes. I don't want to pay 50K for a nice car; have them decide it's too good so swap it out with a go-kart while I'm sleeping then offer me 200$ back towards a new selection.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    It definitely got to the point for me to retire completely from PvP, all characters are definitely playable on PvE hence I'm sticking with it. I still reckon when character changes occur, they should really offer free respec as well as sell back (if we choose to) to at least let us test which is the best build before deciding to exchange for imcoin.png or not.

Also it'll be perfect to see whether star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png are actually weaker compared to star.pngstar.pngstar.png after these alterations.
  • Wow... I literally just got most of my 3* to lvl 100 in the last couple of weeks. Great timing as per usual ... icon_neutral.gif
  • Thanos wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    STILL NO IN GAME NOTIFICATION OF THESE CHANGES?

****, D3!!!!

Get your act together. You've taken a decent game and made it garbage in the past 4 weeks.

You stand corrected. icon_eek.gif

Well, I was at work when I posted that. When I got home, I saw the in game pop up about the changes. Still, they don't deserve any kudos for giving the entire player-base TWO DAYS notice.
  • Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in this mire.

But, does anyone know what time the changes go live?
  • Probably around noon my time (MST), 2PM EST. I was gonna ask the same thing.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Wow... I literally just got most of my 3* to lvl 100 in the last couple of weeks. Great timing as per usual ... icon_neutral.gif

There will be plenty more 3*s to level in your future icon_e_wink.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Malcrof wrote:
    We do not even know what the buyback is going to be, who knows, it may have all been worth it.

The buyback for a fully covered and leveled 4Thor was 2500 HP, the price of a single cover for her.
  • thedude
    thedude Posts: 55
    Raffoon wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    We do not even know what the buyback is going to be, who knows, it may have all been worth it.

The buyback for a fully covered and leveled 4Thor was 2500 HP, the price of a single cover for her.

Wow. I'm lost for words at how tinykitty that is.
  • Lidolas wrote:
    Wow... I literally just got most of my 3* to lvl 100 in the last couple of weeks. Great timing as per usual ... icon_neutral.gif

There will be plenty more 3*s to level in your future icon_e_wink.gif

Whilst I realise that made me sound like complete noob (and your point still stands), by most of my 3* I mean nearly 20... Been playing the slow game to have a nice diverse roster... I knew I was saving that ISO for something but a friend pressured me to take the leap literally last weekend icon_lol.gif Oh well.
  • Sorry I'm a bit late to the party and after a quick browse this topic seems to have been more than touched upon.

Levelling up of characters, I get why you are doing it. I understand the benefits to new players and the effect on the game by making characters playable more quickly. That being said, I have many characters lvl 70-100, like many I feel like I am being **** by d3.

Essentially those characters I have sat between level 70 and 100, I will have to put more ISO in total into these characters to max them out, than if I maxed them out before the changes (impossible), or left them at level 40 and levelled them up after the changes (again impossible - I've had many characters sat on the same level for a long time).

I get that we have to grind it out for ISO and to level characters up, but when I email to express my concerns, I don't expect the response to be 'it benefits the community as a whole'. So myself, and many players alike (vets, new players - anyone with characters between those levels), no it doesn't. Whatever the change in cost per character between level 40 and say 100 are, the difference of the new cost and the old cost multiplied by the amount of characters you have is the total sum of how much ISO we stand to lose. How is this fair and how does this 'benefit the community as a whole'?

I'd be happy to welcome level alterations and understand that if the total cost is the same, then characters at higher levels may drop a few levels, but I would say I have more characters between level 70-100, than what I do 101-150. So that wouldn't even balance it out.

Why should we put up with d3 essentially taking ISO from us. What about those that used purchased ISO to level some of those guys up? Essentially d3 just took your money, messed the character levels and now you either grind more or spend even more.

I hope this issue is seriously addressed before these changes happen. Again apologies if I have repeated everyone's point, I was late to the party and only had a quick browse through. If you also think this is unacceptable of d3, we should speak up and be heard!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dm0203 wrote:
    Sorry I'm a bit late to the party and after a quick browse this topic seems to have been more than touched upon.

Levelling up of characters, I get why you are doing it. I understand the benefits to new players and the effect on the game by making characters playable more quickly. That being said, I have many characters lvl 70-100, like many I feel like I am being **** by d3.

Essentially those characters I have sat between level 70 and 100, I will have to put more ISO in total into these characters to max them out, than if I maxed them out before the changes (impossible), or left them at level 40 and levelled them up after the changes (again impossible - I've had many characters sat on the same level for a long time).

I get that we have to grind it out for ISO and to level characters up, but when I email to express my concerns, I don't expect the response to be 'it benefits the community as a whole'. So myself, and many players alike (vets, new players - anyone with characters between those levels), no it doesn't. Whatever the change in cost per character between level 40 and say 100 are, the difference of the new cost and the old cost multiplied by the amount of characters you have is the total sum of how much ISO we stand to lose. How is this fair and how does this 'benefit the community as a whole'?

I'd be happy to welcome level alterations and understand that if the total cost is the same, then characters at higher levels may drop a few levels, but I would say I have more characters between level 70-100, than what I do 101-150. So that wouldn't even balance it out.

Why should we put up with d3 essentially taking ISO from us. What about those that used purchased ISO to level some of those guys up? Essentially d3 just took your money, messed the character levels and now you either grind more or spend even more.

I hope this issue is seriously addressed before these changes happen. Again apologies if I have repeated everyone's point, I was late to the party and only had a quick browse through. If you also think this is unacceptable of d3, we should speak up and be heard!

Oh hey, I'll need your help, please check this thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27463
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I truly hope that the patch will go live AFTER the end of slice 2, and not during the last hours of the event or - even worse (that's the armageddon scenario in my book) - during the last minutes of it.

A lot of folks will be managing their hops and/or will have their shields expiring, at different times, until then. An update during that time-frame could spell disaster for many of us.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just finished my PvP at 1014. Now I'm stuck here waiting for the patch to drop...
  • for the last moments of legendary xforce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zGkqAWsWE icon_cry.gif
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    It's live. God help us all.