Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    greentile.pngX-Force - Cost: 8 Green AP - OLD
    Wolverine unleashes his berserker rage, cutting with his adamantium claws. Deals 164 damage and destroys 5 tiles in a 3x3 X-Shaped pattern. Does not generate AP.
    Upgrades:
      2. Deals 465 damage. 3. Destroys 9 tiles in a 5x5 X-Shaped pattern. 4. Deals 1030 damage. 5. Deals 1731 damage and destroys 15 tiles in 3 3x3 X-Shaped patterns MAX LV 5: Deals 3441 damage and destroys 15 tiles in 3 3x3 X-Shaped patterns

greentile.pngX-Force - Cost: 8 Green AP - NEW
    Wolverine unleashes his berserker rage, cutting with his adamantium claws. Deals 137 damage and destroys 5 tiles in a 3x3 X-Shaped pattern. Does not generate AP.
    Upgrades:
      2. Deals 183 damage. 3. Destroys 9 tiles in a 5x5 X-Shaped pattern. 4. Deals 548 damage. 5. Deals 685 damage and destroys 15 tiles in 3 3x3 X-Shaped patterns MAX LV 5: Deals 1360 damage and destroys 15 tiles in 3 3x3 X-Shaped patterns

MAX LV 5: Deals 3441 damage and destroys 15 tiles in 3 3x3 X-Shaped patterns (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage)

This would have been the best solution. Only icon_shehulk.png has that stipulation on her ability. Would have made a lot of sense here. Would have been a small nerf without making his green pathetic.
  • metallicajake01
    metallicajake01 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited April 2015
    Just spent my last 5000 HP from the last sale on X-Force covers two days before this.

Not spending another dime on this game and might quit.

Its clear they don't really care but thought it should be said anyway.

I stopped playing PVE because it was too much of a time sink. This game is supposed to be casual. Congratulations on turning PVP into PVE.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I may have missed it but why isn't X-Force getting a health boost too? I get that he's not necessarily a tank and does have a true healing ability. I could understand having less health than Thor and Dino or even Kingpin and Star-Lord but why would his health be so much lower than IW, Nick Fury and Elektra? And again forgive me if I missed his new health and if I did what is it
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Just spent my last 5000 HP from the last sale on X-Force covers two days before this.

Not spending another dime on this game and might quit.

Its clear they don't really care but thought it should be said anyway.

Contact CS, they did a lot of things wrong, but when they mess things up that much they usually try to at least don't piss people up with their money. So try to contact them and you may receive a refund or some kind of compensation.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    A number of these changes confuse me.

X-Force: I get the greenflag.png change. Cascades are almost inevitable, damage was too good considering the board shake. The blackflag.png should at least have retained draining AP from the enemy. Once again, complete overnerf.

Doc Ock: The preamble states you want to increase his situational usefulness, then you proceed to nerf the utility of blueflag.png. Yes you doubled the swaps, but it's only good for strike and protect tiles. I don't understand how the greenflag.png changes make this character better. I guess he steals 2 AP now?

Beast: Still seems essential node only to me, but there's only one reason he's on my roster.

Life changes: Tanks need their HP increased so they remain useful as tanks. This game already favors attackers; there's no need to obviate tanks altogether.

Still, props must be given where due, and the She Hulk, Elektra and IW changes look promising.
  • Taganov wrote:

X-Force: I get the greenflag.png change. Cascades are almost inevitable, damage was too good considering the board shake. The blackflag.png should at least have retained draining AP from the enemy. Once again, complete overnerf.

Doc Ock: The preamble states you want to increase his situational usefulness, then you proceed to nerf the utility of blueflag.png. Yes you doubled the swaps, but it's only good for strike and protect tiles. I don't understand how the greenflag.png changes make this character better. I guess he steals 2 AP now?

Beast: Still seems essential node only to me, but there's only one reason he's on my roster.

Life changes: Tanks need their HP increased so they remain useful as tanks. This game already favors attackers; there's no need to obviate tanks altogether.

Still, props must be given where due, and the She Hulk, Elektra and IW changes look promising.
    xforce wasn't gonna keep his mana shenanigans, look at how they've cracked down on mana abuse
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    raisinbman wrote:
    Taganov wrote:

xforce wasn't gonna keep his mana shenanigans, look at how they've cracked down on mana abuse

But PvE is still a party of goons with infinite AP generation every turn and scaling as hell. If things were at least done with some logic behind....
  • Vohnkar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Taganov wrote:

But PvE is still a party of goons with infinite AP generation every turn and scaling as hell. If things were at least done with some logic behind....

Of course, the problem is twofold:

-Players need ridiculous, stupid combos and characters to deal with PVE scaling(and some extent PVP)

-PVE scaling requires stupid, broken characters, abilities and strategies

While one gets changed(X-Force, 4*Thor), the other stays the same.

Much like blaming poor for being poor, D3's efforts aren't solving the problem.

I mean, I'd LOVE to use spider-man(one of my favorite heroes) but he is absolute gutter trash.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vohnkar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Taganov wrote:

Where X-Force falls, Blade and She-Hulk will rise. I will be ready.
  • Just wanted to say...

Buffing 4* health all around isn't the same as making them 4* worthy. Fury's damage outside of blue was already mediocre; in a new world where everyone's tougher it becomes less meaningful. I have s hard time being optimistic about 4* powers being impressive in the face of Luke Cage, 3*Thor and Blade.

And it's all well and good for RotP to have lost some of it's bite, but there are no comparable damage abilities at 4*. So how are the other 4* characters in a good position relative to the 3* tier? Hit points? Because Dino has been playable this whole time?
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    gamar wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Who would you consider an A tier damage dealer with Thor nerfed too? They do more damage than 3*s, just not as much damage as their former selves used to.
    I meant A tier overall, not just A tier damage dealer, but 4* Thor is definitely A tier or above. X-Force? Surgical strike is still excellent, but is it so much better than Rage of the Panther and Magnetized projectiles, etc, that it makes up for the fact that BP and cMags have OTHER really great abilities besides their nukes? I don't think it does.

I get what you mean, the advantage overall is smaller than it was, and many folks feel the same. The gap between 3* and 4* is going to be nowhere near as big as the gap between 2* and 3*. I think this may be intentional to stop people from skipping the 3*s. If 4*s are too strong you can simply buy your way to the top of the game immediately. Doing this gives incentive to collect 3*s first, keeping it's players attention longer.
  • So basically, if you find a good reward fight and see that there is one pivot that moves the team fast while the others not so much, XF blackflag.png will be the choice still. But if the team has one or two fragile targets just slap in your BP and Rage 'em.
  • Not really looking forward to health increases to characters as it'll take them even longer to heal when they're downed.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I'd rather they just did the health increases and not **** everyone's favorite characters icon_e_sad.gif.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Not really looking forward to health increases to characters as it'll take them even longer to heal when they're downed.

Now that I think about it, if they simply made everyone heal as a percentage it would fix that, and make characters with more HP have another advantage rather than the disadvantage of having to regenerate tons of health.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    yogi_ wrote:
    Still no third ability for 2* Bullseye.

Who cares about 2*s ?

2* is just a transition level, pick 3-4 of them, use them to earn 3*- no matter if they add some, improve some they will go away for roster spots in 2 months (where you will keep 3 of them for DPdaily)
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Why would anyone WANT him to even have a 3rd power? Do you understand how much of a hassle it will be to kill him in PvE, with that health boost???

• Seeing how top tier characters were getting the nerf bat, Osborn might be glad he's still not released until now.

ironman_8f.jpg?height=378&width=400
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another day, another nerf. Hands up who's glad they didn't buy a couple of X-Force black covers after saving up a few thousand HP? *raises hand* Completely understand the outrage, the poor guy seems like a little Wolvie pup now.

Buffs are...okay, I guess. Not gonna change anything for me as I don't currently use, nor plan to start using, any of the affected characters over the ones I already do. Most of them seem like a prime case of trying to polish a turd, too, but hey...at least they're trying.

Struggling - like, really struggling - to understand the health increases. Is the intention to make matches against over-levelled foes even more drawn out and tedious? Who wants that in a match-3 game? I already get enough grief from my girlfriend over this "stupid game I'm addicted to".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, something spectacular needs to happen soon to keep me interested. Currently spending more time with Pocket Mine 2 tbh.
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    yogi_ wrote:
    Still no third ability for 2* Bullseye.

Who cares about 2*s ?

2* is just a transition level, pick 3-4 of them, use them to earn 3*- no matter if they add some, improve some they will go away for roster spots in 2 months (where you will keep 3 of them for DPdaily)

Majority of players are 2* players so I'd hope someone cared about them.