*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bishop wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Go read that 1 turn win in a PVP thread.. he/she faced a fistbuster team and thanks to QS, and a lucky cascade, won first turn.. he is not as bad as you think.

Well I can vouch for that happening similarly with daredevil. Not a 1 turn win of course but it was satisfying nonetheless. Now the question is how many times does a 1 turn win accur with that strategy or not? I'm guessing the answer is not enough,nor should it be. Hence why the QS threads. Think we/most just want a guy that feels fast and is just plain fun to play with. As is he really isn't,he should be though.

Here is a test for ya. In the Iso-8 Brotherhood, final node, the one worth 1500 iso.. i just went in with patch/doc oc/Qs and finished it in under 2 minutes taking 0 damage.

Try that team for yourself, if you have them covered, yes he needs a tweak , but he is absolutely fun to use.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Unsolicited suggestion that everyone can hate:

Dump the whole locked tile nonsense.

To give him similarity with his sister, have his blue drop a random CD, 3- or 4-turns, that when processed simply gives the owner and extra turn.

To make him more playable with his sister, correct the colors of her powers ... change her blue to green (to make green CDs), and her green to blue (or black?).

Hate away, hate away.

The 3 Age of Ultron 3* characters is where the synergy is. Vision/SW/QS Active Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple, Green, Black when you play them as a team, the 2 passive blues, all being 2nd/3rd powers guaranteeing that Vision tanks all his covers, which is why Density Heavy works so well with that team. Gotta use that blue somewhere!

And before you all gripe that this team is terrible.. try it covermaxed and leveled, more crits then you can shake a stick at, 3 aoe's, and once density heavy is out, you can really cause some hurt. Density Light for when you are facing things like fistbusters etc..
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Unsolicited suggestion that everyone can hate:

Dump the whole locked tile nonsense.

To give him similarity with his sister, have his blue drop a random CD, 3- or 4-turns, that when processed simply gives the owner and extra turn.

To make him more playable with his sister, correct the colors of her powers ... change her blue to green (to make green CDs), and her green to blue (or black?).

Hate away, hate away.

The 3 Age of Ultron 3* characters is where the synergy is. Vision/SW/QS Active Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple, Green, Black when you play them as a team, the 2 passive blues, all being 2nd/3rd powers guaranteeing that Vision tanks all his covers, which is why Density Heavy works so well with that team. Gotta use that blue somewhere!

And before you all gripe that this team is terrible.. try it covermaxed and leveled, more crits then you can shake a stick at, 3 aoe's, and once density heavy is out, you can really cause some hurt. Density Light for when you are facing things like fistbusters etc..

Not at all, team looks great I even guessed what was used, except Vision. Out of the 3 listed only 1 of those heros is used in multiple teams. The rest seem to be limited to this one team. To make it worse its limited to Ultron event. Hmm Atleast QS,Vision isn't as useless anymore.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    I have this guy 3/5/4 with 2 blackflag.png and 1 greenflag.png covers sitting there for over a week, beside myself what to do with him. He's so bad.
    hate to bump this horrible guy's thread up but these 3 covers are expiring very soon. Any thoughts on 5/5/3 vs. 3/5/5?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    I have this guy 3/5/4 with 2 blackflag.png and 1 greenflag.png covers sitting there for over a week, beside myself what to do with him. He's so bad.
    hate to bump this horrible guy's thread up but these 3 covers are expiring very soon. Any thoughts on 5/5/3 vs. 3/5/5?

Sell the one that isn't already maxed for ISO.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    mjh wrote:

5/5/3 seems like the best idea for me. green is expensive, and you get most of the value from the first three covers, since it's hard to get significantly better cascades with the extra destroyed tiles. Plus green is a strong color with lots of competition.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went 5/3/5 with my Quicksiler since I figured blue almost never triggered anyway, so I might as well max the active skills.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I went 5/3/5 with my Quicksiler since I figured blue almost never triggered anyway, so I might as well max the active skills.
    Same here. His blue seldom triggers outside mirror matches or partnering with IW. Might as well optimise the other two skills.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

I agree. I've started using him a lot more in PVE -- for "fun" -- and that passive is anything but fun or effective. Even when trying to chase blue for another character (i.e. CMags), whole matches will go by without the passive's boom triggering once. Its only value to me is in lowering the cost of Quicksilver's black and green by a persistent 1-2 AP on average; but in that case, I'd rather they just lower the costs to a set amount 1-2 AP less than they are currently, and then change his passive into something else entirely.

I actually don't mind Quicksilver's green at all as much as others here seem to. I find it best-used when black is also ready to go, and then, if the crit doesn't match right away, I'll use his black to create a match (or preferably another crit if possible.)
  • Malcrof
    Options
    QS (5/5/3) and DD (3/5/5) make a great pair , especially when boosted. Blues lock going for billy club, set trap tiles, QS black to move things in place to set off trap tiles.. in DP vs MPQ, got that down to a science.. even got QS's aoe off twice in 1 match, and his crits land nicely and in the right places
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I thought about doing this but quickly realised QS is so bad I'm never going to use him except in PVP which is the one time you can get his blue off reliably.

I ultimately went with 5/5/3 because black is somewhat useful so I may actually use it even if I had another black user in my team.
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Is he really that bad? I was hoping to make a family team with him, SW and CMags. QS passive seemed fun, but I have not enoufgh covers for him to really try him out. It's really bad if out of 40 3* only quarter is usable or fun. It makes the game stale since you see only one or two "optimal compositions" everytime and you shouldn't bother with any other characters. That kinda sucks...
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    He is bad in the sense that for PvP he does...nothing on defence, other than annoying the player with locked tiles.

On offence, however, he is quite fun to play. I specced my QS to 5/3/5 and since he was buffed for the week, I ran him with Fury in Rags PvP. Went to 1300+ points for first shield from 600+. Granted I was in Slice 1 and my Rag is maxed, but using QS black to force AI to do match-4s, or a better outlet for green than Rag's, makes him playable. Even defeated maxed Rag/Thing/XDP team.

That's a PvE team I would certainly use again in the future.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    QS + DD is quickly becoming one of my favorite teams. QS aoe while working on DD blue, QS black to move reds into position for matching trap tiles yourself.. Once i have covers, i plan on trying the QS/Vision/SW combo, but my Vision is lacking
  • Deilinvega wrote:
    Is he really that bad? I was hoping to make a family team with him, SW and CMags. QS passive seemed fun, but I have not enoufgh covers for him to really try him out. It's really bad if out of 40 3* only quarter is usable or fun. It makes the game stale since you see only one or two "optimal compositions" everytime and you shouldn't bother with any other characters. That kinda sucks...
    they aren't a family anymore, and yes, he's bad outside of Winfinite 2.0
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    A little more analysis on this guy.

Best single target builds are
    5/3/5
    3/5/5
    5/5/3

That's assuming you get blue off as part of the dmg

Best Aoe builds
    3/5/5
    5/5/3
    4/5/4

Most total output done assuming you cycle through green/black use black to create 5th blue and kaboom.
    3/5/5--8659
    5/5/3--8556
    4/5/4--8172
    5/3/5--6469

My play has determined 3 builds

3/5/5, 5/5/3 or 5/3/5

5/3/5 gives you most utility with dmg. Essentially you don't want blue exploding

3/5:5 or 5/5/3 all depend upon team comp but provide the most damage potential. Hybrid I would only go 4/5/4 but it's also lowest single target damage

Gun to my head I would go either 5/5/3 or 5/3/5, reason being, black can help facilitate blue where green cannot thus my choice of 5/5/3 over 3/5/5 but 5/3/5 is also very strong and assuming the low likelyhood if blue going off without IW 5/3/5 is probably the most practical, and while not the highest in theoretical dmg, it probably would do the most actual dmg
    hmm....I'm stuck.

weird to think about a character who's so bad....since his covers only increase damage I think I'll be 5 blue for when I have to bring him out for PVP
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opponents passive abilities only activate if they are the ones activating them. I.E. if you match blue 3 times in blue shift, it'll go...

1st match: You, then opponent
    2nd Match : You, then opponent
    3rd Match: You trigger the damage, opponent places a new locked token.

Its usually not dangerous to leave out two locked tiles, and yeah 4 locked tiles is a bit bad but there are worse things.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    4 locked tiles is a bit bad but there are worse things.
    Against a lv290 QS with 5 blue covers, there probably isn't.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    4 locked tiles is a bit bad but there are worse things.
    Against a lv290 QS with 5 blue covers, there probably isn't.
    Fistbuster purple cascade on round 1? I've had a HB using overload thrice in a match and I tell you, that's worse.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Argh, have the covers to go either way, but I can't decide between 5/3/5 and 5/5/3.

I had planned on 5/5/3 for ages, most of the time in Blue Shift so far, I have preferred facing 5/5/3 builds because the boosted green actually hits fairly hard at 5 covers (2.5k plus whatever comes with the subsequent critical tile). Now I am doubting myself.