*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah most likely. I actually would love to level and play them but just have too many underlevelled 3 stars to prioritised. I'm also more excited about the red rag cover progression reward than carnage
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finding QS quasi useful in the Hulk PVP.. i have him at 5/5/3, and rags and daken are so intent on matching any and every blue they see.. i have had his aoe go off more this sub, then when i was intentionally trying to make it go off in his required Ultron nodes.

Worst 3* award goes to IM40, match is almost always over before you have enough AP to do anything with him, and if you do accidentally use one of his powers, you lose AP in all other covers, so you need to wait another few rounds to even considering doing anything again...

Even Vision has his uses, density heavy is cheap, and make quick work of Hood without triggering Thing or DP.
  • Marvelfamily
    Marvelfamily Posts: 208
    Options
    Worst 3*? I agree with Quicksilver. Okay, putting him in a right team combo could work, but this slot given to him I can use for a better character.

That ISO I would have invest in QS health, I can spend better on using boosts or leveling a character, who's worth it.

If he comes, he has to go. Tried him, and he's not worth it.

Perhaps he is the quicker bagmanspider, but useless all the way, and this goes to Invisible Woman also. But I guess you know that. icon_e_biggrin.gif

edit: IM 40 is not useless, his yellow is a great support to other team skill colours (if you combine wise) , and works good against military or maggia people, if they stand alone and have no matching character making this recharge strategy go to hell. ^^
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I didn't consider him the worst until I got that fifth black and learned it had been pre-nerfed. I thought that 2x2 switch 4 would be pretty interesting to use, in a way similar to Bullseye's green can let you tweak the board for your heavy hitters. But it was nerfed, and he is literally my only three star below level 100. He won't see any play until a big buff comes in, and it's a shame, he was one of my favourite characters as a kid, I liked that he was snotty and somewhat unhinged.

But yeah, as someone using pretty much all three stars, he's the worst. Until Lazy Bagman comes in.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Between quicksilver and revised ragnarok, it seems like those characters that are nerfe d immediately pre-release are needed very hard (presumably because qa finds some very powerful exploit days before release and demiurge is unwilling to change the schedule).

The counter argument to this is prof. X who was nerfed days before release and is still very good. . .
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    QS' whole problem came with hotfix before he was released. For those new or don't remember, when IceIX showed us prerelease QS, his black cost less and let you switch 2 tiles, his green also cost less and created 2 crit tiles. Then someone figured out, oh, you could go infinite turn if enough locked tiles on the board and keep getting black matches, so they halved the green and black abilties increased their cost and dmg and called it a day. Therein lies the problem, his blue which was the engine of green and black was so reliant upon black and green to be making matches to go off, that when they "fixed" the other two no one even thought to fix the core of all his abilites which is blue. When the effects of black and green got halved, blue needed to also lose 1 tile at least.

The fixes for him are multiple, but in the end blue matches either need to create 2 locked tiles, which then allows you to leave everything else, or you have to change blue to 4 and decrease the ap costs of black and green.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd be happy if his blueflag.png only locked for the AI opponent. I mean according to the description he's holding it still with his speed, therefore, when it's our turn, he can let you move it, then lock it down again.

This and allowing the crit from his greenflag.png be placed by the user would improve him significantly enough that I would actually consider trying him out for a while instead of collecting pixel dust in my roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yep I am very close to selling him off despite having a 7 or 8 covers. Only reason I keep him is because of stupid required character nodes.

I like what was said about a move every match. I would love to see blue and green changed completely to be 3-5 AP powers that do simple things. Maybe they start at 5AP and lower in cost as you get more covers, so they're 3 AP with 5 covers. A little damage, maybe a 1 turn stun, whatever. It would definitely make him more pairable with KK and Carnage. =)

The black is still decent and occasionally useful but definitely not a reason to bring him into any battle. It'd be great as a way to power his other two abilities though. It really is funny when you consider that the fastest character in the game has some of the slowest powers.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    I love him, personally. Used with IF and PX, he's my node or gauntlet buster. Using his black to chain match 5's (set up one while making another, and avoid TU matches so you keep it cheap) keeping IF's purple going I can often crush 2 or more full waves on a single turn. If not on that team he's bad, but when he's good he's MVP.
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Options
    53207326.jpg
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You tried playing him with Invisible Woman? His blue is a powerhouse.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I look at it from this perspective, "what was this character's purpose?"

To me having blue explode as he ran around the board changing things, punching you in the face, and wearing you out. I truly believe that blue was intended to go off fairly regularly if the player made the effort, the problem without black letting you switch 2 tiles and green only 1 crit, is that it is so hard to protect the locked tiles long enough to have his blue go off. The only other option I could see is allowing blue matches by either player and green and black matches of current player to make tiles. But yeah, he's definetely at the bottom of the 3*
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Mine is cover maxed at 5/5/3 and level 120.

I would maybe give him some love if it weren't for the fact that most of the Blue powers in the game are passive.

PX + SW + QS... QS to make match 5s, SW to make match 5s and create blue tiles to match (when SW's tiles appear in a bad spot, I usually match them and hope for a better spawn). But all that blue and nowhere to use it. Charles even creates more blue if you level him too high, which is why I try and keep him at the point where his strongest color doesn't overtake the strongest color of a 160 level 3*.

One solution would be more and better (and more betterer) active blue powers instead of making blue a passive all the time.

3* Magneto is so useful, mostly because he's got an active blue and yellow, two colors that typically have been relegated to passive land.

QS would suddenly get a lot better if there were any good 3* or 4* characters who could:

(a) accelerate blue (shut up Rags, I said good);
    (b) accelerate force fields (Invisible Woman, you are in the occasionally useful tier only); and/or
    (c) make use of all that Blue that you are going to be creating (there are very few options right now... many of the best options are to make black or red tiles, such as IMHB and Doom).
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My biggrest gripe with QS is his base ability costs.

Reduce Black from 11-7 AP down to 8-6 AP.
    Reduce Green from 10-6 AP down to 7-5 AP.

Allowing Black to drop to 6AP 'could' be pushing it but the idea here is to make these skills viable right from the get go without having to match several blue as a minimum requirement. These skills are arguably worth their asking price and 8 and 7 AP respectively but can now lower to 6 and 5 with a couple of blue matches.

From here I'd either reduce the required locked tile requirement of his blue down to 4 or I'd up the AoE damage upwards to 1000 damage.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    3* Magneto is so useful, mostly because he's got an active blue and yellow, two colors that typically have been relegated to passive land.

36 yellow powers in game. Only 8 are passive.
    35 blue powers in game. Only 4 are passive.

2nd and 3rd most popular colors. Red has 42.

Just sayin'.

Quantity = Quality? Just saying.

Once upon a time in 1* and 2* land, Blue was an active ability color. The first two best abilities in the game were Widow's Sting and Raging Storm.

Passives and batteries and who have them:

Hulkbuster is a battery... blue is used to make red.
    PX is a passive
    Scarlet Witch is a passive
    Doom is a battery
    Falcon is a passive
    Mystique is a battery
    Hood is a passive
    Thoress is a battery with a stun
    Quicksilver is a passive

Mostly Lower Tier characters and skills (maybe marginal when boosted):

Iron Man's 20 AP salvo
    Black Panther's protect tiles
    Ragnarok's healing
    She-Hulk's Nerfed Settlement
    Bewilderment
    Vision's blue attack change

The rest:

Beast's blue (which I like, but it really doesn't speed your game up having a few of these out there... considering the damage per AP on some of the other colors, these tiles really need to stick around for a long time to have the same effect per AP)
    Daken doesn't like strike tiles
    DO - Manipulation
    Spiderman - Webs
    Dd - Billy Club
    IW - Force Bubbles (Quicksilver's BFF)
    R&G - I got a plan (with a yellow passive)
    Magneto
    Nick - Demolition
    Steve's Shields

Steve, Magneto, and Nick Fury are probably the best of the bunch, with some occasional love thrown around to others. Seems like blue peaked in 1*/2* land though.

1*/2* good stuff:

OBW
    MBW
    Storm

Cap (okay to a much lesser extent...)

So... aside from using blue to make something more useful than blue, there are very few great blue skills in 3* and 4* land. Direct damage is very rare... I'm sure Daken wouldn't have a blue attack if he was released today, that would probably be a redflag.png skill.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    You tried playing him with Invisible Woman? His blue is a powerhouse.

I have and I agree with you, but one team up doesn't make him playable.
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't mind Quicksilver. The biggest, and probably only, problem I have with him is his PVP where he is the featured character and both teams had him.

Since the player always gets to use their power before the AI, during his PVP the AI only needed 3 locked tiles to detonate his blue. When there are 3 locked tiles and the AI makes a blue match, the player make the 4th locked tile before the AI detonated them. OR if the PLAYER MADE THE 4TH locked tile, the AI would immediately detonate them on you! Sucked all around.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only thing I like about him is useing him with Daredevil. Other then that i have no idea why he is called QuickSilver. With a name like that he should be supper annoying to play against.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:

36 yellow powers in game. Only 8 are passive.
    35 blue powers in game. Only 4 are passive.

2nd and 3rd most popular colors. Red has 42.

Just sayin'.

EDIT: May as well...
    42 red powers in game. Only 1 is passive.
    33 red powers in game. Only 5 are passive.
    34 red powers in game. Only 2 are passive.

36 black powers in game. Only 9 are passive.
    wow that is a lot of red powers lol icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    5/3/5 is best against stable board. Goons

X/5/x is best in his own PvP

Hopefully he gets reworked. Dropping the AP on black and green

Blue there are multiple options. make blue go off at 4. In addition, have him only destroy the number of locked tiles, not all. This would at least let him combo with IW. Or leave everything but let him create 2 locked tiles per any blue match or 2 if you match 1 if enemy matches

Blue Passive: Lock a TU tile - do nominal (6-700 max) AoE damage with every blue match. You want fast, nothing is faster than getting hit immediately.

Change his green from creating a crit to changing all locks to crits. Increase the AP cost accordingly (15?) Along the lines of the Ultron Sentries Core Meltdown, but more devastating.

Now that would be a fun character.