*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    Of all the new characters, I think he is the most useless. I didn't think I would like someone less than Beast, but after the changes to Beast, QS is at the bottom of my **** character list. I don't know why, but he is making me angry just by seeing him in my roster. I wish I had the 750HP I paid for his slot.
    beast isn't useless anymore, quicksilver can infinite w/ professor x/if, so most useless award goes to vision

Not really. For example, i rather play against QS than against Vision, Vision's blueflag.png hurts, specially with attack tiles, QS damage is just a joke, and his only good ability ( blackflag.png ) is too expensive.

Using QS with the top heroes doesn't really makes him good, there are still better options for them anyway. And you need a full covered PX and IF too, so maybe 1% of DDQ population?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Master025 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    Of all the new characters, I think he is the most useless. I didn't think I would like someone less than Beast, but after the changes to Beast, QS is at the bottom of my **** character list. I don't know why, but he is making me angry just by seeing him in my roster. I wish I had the 750HP I paid for his slot.
    beast isn't useless anymore, quicksilver can infinite w/ professor x/if, so most useless award goes to vision

Not really. For example, i rather play against QS than against Vision, Vision's blueflag.png hurts, specially with attack tiles, QS damage is just a joke, and his only good ability ( blackflag.png ) is too expensive.

Using QS with the top heroes doesn't really makes him good, there are still better options for them anyway. And you need a full covered PX and IF too, so maybe 1% of DDQ population?
    qs is on the best team in game, vision is a **** version of ant man

a combo being rare doesn't make it any less legitimate

yes, using Pietro with top tiers makes him good, that's how a game with 3 team members works. What would Hood solo rating be in this game? Bad.

rofl how are there better options than a winfinite? forget it, you think vision is good when ant man takes a dump on him
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Master025 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Narkon wrote:

yes, using Pietro with top tiers makes him good, that's how a game with 3 team members works. What would Hood solo rating be in this game? Bad.

rofl how are there better options than a winfinite? forget it, you think vision is good when ant man takes a dump on him

Vision is one of my most played characters now whereas QS is ****, mostly due to how expensive his stuff was. If his abilities were 2-3 AP cheaper I would play him a lot more.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Vision is one of my most played characters now whereas QS is ****, mostly due to how expensive his stuff was. If his abilities were 2-3 AP cheaper I would play him a lot more.
    doesn't change the fact QS has a place on a top tier team

antman is better version of vision what do u have to say about that?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking Quicksilver could really benefit from a blue battery. But the only character who really does that is Mystique, and they compete for black.

But the bigger problem is that you need blue to make his black and green cheaper. And by doing so, blue goes off prematurely (oops). Others have suggested making his black and green cheaper to speed him up, and I agree. But I see blue as needing some work too.

I want to like Quicksilver, but he's not making it easy. Shame though; he's always been one of my favorites. Especially AoA Quicksilver
  • dkffiv
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

They're different colors, I view Antman as an alternate for Nick Fury (though he can't protect Hood which lessens his value). I'll need to play with him more but Antman compliments Carnage's colors very well at first glance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Master025 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Narkon wrote:

Best team? I don't think so, there are better teams for sure... i can't try that team, i'm not sure if that team is consistent enough (only 4 PX covers), but it seems like is the only team where you can actually play with QS without completly sucking.

Why are you comparing Hood with QS? lol. You can use Hood with a lot of other heroes, lot of different team comps, but only 1 team for QS... Hood is waaaaaaaaay better.

I never said Vision was good... QS and Vision both suck, but Vision is better, and his cheap blueflag.png can be dangerous. I remember QS and Vision in the Ultron Event as essentials, Vision was actually doing a lot of damage, QS was just tanking because he was buffed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

They're different colors, I view Antman as an alternate for Nick Fury (though he can't protect Hood which lessens his value). I'll need to play with him more but Antman compliments Carnage's colors very well at first glance.
    not talking about colors, talking about concepts, vision is a three mode character, antman is a 2 mode character. Antman isn't ****
    Master025 wrote:
    Best team? I don't think so, there are better teams for sure... i can't try that team, i'm not sure if that team is consistent enough (only 4 PX covers), but it seems like is the only team where you can actually play with QS without completly sucking.

Why are you comparing Hood with QS? lol. You can use Hood with a lot of other heroes, lot of different team comps, but only 1 team for QS... Hood is waaaaaaaaay better.

I never said Vision was good... QS and Vision both suck, but Vision is better, and his cheap blueflag.png can be dangerous. I remember QS and Vision in the Ultron Event as essentials, Vision was actually doing a lot of damage, QS was just tanking because he was buffed.
    and because it's a match 3 game, that gives him legitimacy, much like mainly assist characters in MVC3.

You're not paying attention.

that 1 team is the best in game according to Nonce laugh all u want. Team composition matters.

Vision isn't better, especially if you're using PVE as a benchmark, and you show no grasp of what the team is capable of
  • Unknown
    Options
    I see the discussion is heating up. I completely forgot about Vision (5/1/2), which shows how I much care for him. I'm not going to compare the 2 characters because there is no point; the "****" category has room for more than one. That said, in my book, if a character is decent only when paired with 1-2 other characters and works only in 1-2 teams, then that character is **** and I'll, probably, never use him. This shows poor design decisions and poor imagination and we shouldn't be grateful for characters like these 2.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    I see the discussion is heating up. I completely forgot about Vision (5/1/2), which shows how I much care for him. I'm not going to compare the 2 characters because there is no point; the "****" category has room for more than one. That said, in my book, if a character is decent only when paired with 1-2 other characters and works only in 1-2 teams, then that character is **** and I'll, probably, never use him. This shows poor design decisions and poor imagination and we shouldn't be grateful for characters like these 2.

Vision isn't bad, he's most used new character since IF/Cage release. Tons of use in PvE and has scored me defensive wins at 1800+ in Simulator.

**** tier is Squirrel Girl, Doc Oc, Elektra (without Patch), QS. His abilities are way too expensive for what they do and locking random tiles feels like its annoying me far more than the opponent. AP costs should be reduced by at least 2 (and lower the locked tile reduction maximum to 2 instead of 4).
    raisinbman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

not talking about colors, talking about concepts, vision is a three mode character, antman is a 2 mode character. Antman isn't ****

We should probably switch this over to the Vision thread but Vision and Antman are completely different. You need to view Vision as a cheap AP dump and consider his stances as purely a bonus. His color layout ends up being amazing, partner him with:

Carnage: Overlap on red but Carnage's is cheaper so it has a better chance of going off, covers 4/6. 5 AP to **** out attack tiles that can do devastating damage if Vision is the last man standing and winds up in blue stance.

KK: No color overlap (covers 5/6) and his stance dancing can be used to cheaply trigger heals. (KK will tank yellow over him though)

PX: No color overlap (covers 4/6) and stance dancing triggers special tiles. (PX tanks yellow and blue)

IF: No color overlap (covers 5/6) and his blue is guaranteed to amplify IF's attack tile (and if the tile isn't accessible after IF dies that adds up to a ton of damage).

He's like Colossus/Elektra/Hulk, he's **** enough that you don't rush to down him first but if he ends up being the last one alive he can do a lot of damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:

We should probably switch this over to the Vision thread but Vision and Antman are completely different. You need to view Vision as a cheap AP dump and consider his stances as purely a bonus. His color layout ends up being amazing, partner him with:

Carnage: Overlap on red but Carnage's is cheaper so it has a better chance of going off, covers 4/6. 5 AP to **** out attack tiles that can do devastating damage if Vision is the last man standing and winds up in blue stance.

KK: No color overlap (covers 5/6) and his stance dancing can be used to cheaply trigger heals. (KK will tank yellow over him though)

PX: No color overlap (covers 4/6) and stance dancing triggers special tiles. (PX tanks yellow and blue)

IF: No color overlap (covers 5/6) and his blue is guaranteed to amplify IF's attack tile (and if the tile isn't accessible after IF dies that adds up to a ton of damage).

He's like Colossus/Elektra/Hulk, he's **** enough that you don't rush to down him first but if he ends up being the last one alive he can do a lot of damage.
    Squirrel Girl isn't ****, Doc Ock is inconclusive(no one answered me in his thread about carnage), Pietro has a place on strongest team in game

if u say so about vision I've seen 0 talk about him you're the only one thank you for explaining why u think he's good

so you say stance dance, do u just activate his abilities to activate other ppl's passive? or actually use the stances?
  • dkffiv
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

Squirrel Girl isn't ****, Doc Ock is inconclusive(no one answered me in his thread about carnage), Pietro has a place on strongest team in game

if u say so about vision I've seen 0 talk about him you're the only one thank you for explaining why u think he's good

so you say stance dance, do u just activate his abilities to activate other ppl's passive? or actually use the stances?

Gonna copy and paste this and address it in his thread
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Pietro has a place on strongest team in game
    Nothing with QS in it is the "strongest team in the game".
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So what's the best QS build these days? I have him at 3/5/5 but I'm thinking about going to 5/3/5. It's just so difficult to get 5 locked tiles on the board at once that Supersonic almost never goes off. It's really only going to happen in a QS PVP. That said, the character is so bad that I'm realistically only going to use him in QS PVP so maybe 3/5/5 isn't that bad of a choice. Thoughts?
  • dkffiv
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    So what's the best QS build these days? I have him at 3/5/5 but I'm thinking about going to 5/3/5. It's just so difficult to get 5 locked tiles on the board at once that Supersonic almost never goes off. It's really only going to happen in a QS PVP. That said, the character is so bad that I'm realistically only going to use him in QS PVP so maybe 3/5/5 isn't that bad of a choice. Thoughts?

QS is so bad that his build doesn't matter. 5 blue is a must for when he eventually shows up in PvP. For black and green, 3/4/5 covers is basically 0/1k/2k damage. Could go 4/5/4 but I prefer 5/5/3. If given a choice, I'm more likely to bring a better green user than black (his black is serviceable). If his green generates an unmatchable crit tile I'm always worried that the AI will cascade into it and generate 20+ AP, that's why I hate using it.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Recently I was playing a match where I had three locked team up tiles from QS blue and just matched 3 black tiles and had enough to activate QS black ability the next turn. Well the enemy matched away a locked team up tile and my black and green pool was reduced by one. Why is this happening. I don't see anything that says that is what is supposed to happen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The AP cost for Fists of Fury and Idle Hands depends on the number of locked tiles on the board. Each locked tile reduces their AP cost by one, so the AI matching away a locked tile will raise their cost by one.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Vynyv wrote:
    The AP cost for Fists of Fury and Idle Hands depends on the number of locked tiles on the board. Each locked tile reduces their AP cost by one, so the AI matching away a locked tile will raise their cost by one.

Holy ****, now I feel dumb. I forgot that the other two abilities costs depended on the locked tiles. Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Having gotten a few more covers for him recently, I've found MNMags (355) to be ok with him in PVE.
    Purple feeds Blue and QS' passive
    Black generally feeds Purple or blue
    Green is quick damage + some more AP.
    (slow) Red feeds everything.

I'm trying to find a third, eg SW, IW, Fury, Panther. Panther with Battle Plan seems to be the best fit so far, as the strike tiles go well with quick attacks and minor cascades. SW is ok, but a little slow at first.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    I'm trying to find a third, eg SW, IW, Fury, Panther. Panther with Battle Plan seems to be the best fit so far, as the strike tiles go well with quick attacks and minor cascades. SW is ok, but a little slow at first.
    How about Daredevil?