*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quick and dirty rework:

Blue passive: When either team matches blue, select a basic or TU tile to lock. If after this there are five or more locked tiles on the board, one is destroyed at random, dealing team damage and collecting AP.
    Black: Swap a locked tile with any other tile (locked or not). Cost decreases with number of locked tiles on the board, starting at 9.
    Green: I like Grumpysmurf's idea. change all locked tiles to critical tiles, for 13 AP.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I figured out how to fix QS and if someone already said this in forum I apologize

1. Return black and green back to original except leave black at 1 swap and leave higher dmg

2. Have blue do AoE every blue match to enemy. For every locked tile it deals x more dmg. After 5th created boom!!!

This to me is QS. He keeps building up speed dealing more and more dmg. Green creates random chaos as QS punches you and runs away. Black changes the battle field as what you thought was a match is taken away by the speedster. Do you deal with his ever increasing speed by taking out locked TU's or deal with other threats?

Damage wise I'd leave blue in tact, but at max level I think IF attack tile dmg for a blue match which is added with each locked TU

This needs to happen now!!
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    I think I figured out how to fix QS and if someone already said this in forum I apologize

1. Return black and green back to original except leave black at 1 swap and leave higher dmg

2. Have blue do AoE every blue match to enemy. For every locked tile it deals x more dmg. After 5th created boom!!!

This to me is QS. He keeps building up speed dealing more and more dmg. Green creates random chaos as QS punches you and runs away. Black changes the battle field as what you thought was a match is taken away by the speedster. Do you deal with his ever increasing speed by taking out locked TU's or deal with other threats?

Damage wise I'd leave blue in tact, but at max level I think IF attack tile dmg for a blue match which is added with each locked TU

This needs to happen now!!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a redesign I can get behind.

I'd also suggest swapping the colours of his blue and black; Blue has a precedent for swapping tiles and his passive tends closer to black anyway. You could either keep the passive to lock tiles on blue matches, or swap it to target black matches if you really wanted to boost Quicksilver's popularity.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

No, just no.

Even though my QS is 5/5/3, and i do enjoy using him.. this would be a mess. Every blue match by anyone deals damage to the entire enemy team? That would OP him. QS + 3* Spidey, stunning and matching blue all the time, would end up creating an almost winfinite with 2* mags.. it would not be in the best interest of the game in any way.

They do need to fix the QS vs QS mess though.. was up to 7 total locked tiles on the board in shield sim yesterday, KK ended the match before anyone could blow them up, but seriously... 7??
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Options
    I still say that the best fix is simply to have the blue create lock tiles on green and black matches. That way, when you are collecting AP for those abilities, you are also driving the cost down. Leave the explosion on 5 matches. This would give him a pretty good boost in speed/power and, as importantly, make him feel "fast." If you wanted to make it even more powerful, also create the lock tiles on blue matches. It would also be much better if he locked a random tile instead of only TU tiles.

This also preserves QS's tendency to go it alone and not really (tactically) cooperate much.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've seen sooo many great fixes for QS that would make him an amazing and fun character to play with that would not make him op... and I'm sure the devs will ignore every last one of them.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

No, just no.

Even though my QS is 5/5/3, and i do enjoy using him.. this would be a mess. Every blue match by anyone deals damage to the entire enemy team? That would OP him. QS + 3* Spidey, stunning and matching blue all the time, would end up creating an almost winfinite with 2* mags.. it would not be in the best interest of the game in any way.

They do need to fix the QS vs QS mess though.. was up to 7 total locked tiles on the board in shield sim yesterday, KK ended the match before anyone could blow them up, but seriously... 7??

No it wouldn't. Lets just start small. Say at max level, first blue match does 200 AoE, and 1 tile goes on board. Now a blue match does 300 AoE, now 2 locked tiles. one gets destroyed, now next match does 300 again.

There are ways to keep the dmg low, but I think by and far this is the best way to fix his blue
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

No, just no.

No it wouldn't. Lets just start small. Say at max level, first blue match does 200 AoE, and 1 tile goes on board. Now a blue match does 300 AoE, now 2 locked tiles. one gets destroyed, now next match does 300 again.

There are ways to keep the dmg low, but I think by and far this is the best way to fix his blue

So in 2 turns, if it scales up damage like that, (you match, then enemy matches, then you match) you have done 900 damage to the enemy team without using a single ability or even a match 5 like JG's passive. For a 3*, nope.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That seems overpowered, but a smaller fix is in order if they want him to be more useful.

If they have plans to have us fight more of the characters in the game story mode and not face the same few over and over, it would be nice to have a few power levels to face against, so it doesn't feel the same over and over.

I don't need to face QS in the gauntlet and having him do AOE damage on blue matches.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

No, just no.

So in 2 turns, if it scales up damage like that, (you match, then enemy matches, then you match) you have done 900 damage to the enemy team without using a single ability or even a match 5 like JG's passive. For a 3*, nope.

We can add to the power description: "and if he is the one matching he does X damage". So if the AI matches blue, just one tile gets blocked, if other member has blue the same, but if he is the one matching blue then it does "number of tiles x 100" damage to the other team. That way is more fair, and it is still good and has the building speed theme.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    We can add to the power description: "and if he is the one matching he does X damage". So if the AI matches blue, just one tile gets blocked, if other member has blue the same, but if he is the one matching blue then it does "number of tiles x 100" damage to the other team. That way is more fair, and it is still good and has the building speed theme.

Would be easier to make it a "density heavy" type thing, match damage by him increases with # of locked tiles. At max covers/levels, the boom does decent damage, so this is your carrot along the way.

Not OP, and mechanic is already in the game, so easy to implement.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Blue fix would be completely unfair, especially with strikes out. Team him with MNMags, and you could get 3+ AOE attacks on a polarity shift. Eg: add Patch, collect 9 Purple + 9 Green. If you've got some idle hands, you might be able to get an extra aoe. You'd have to make the first blue attacks not AOE.

With OBW/MNMags(underlevelled)/Patch, (polarity shift + espionage + rage) is somewhat balanced by the horrible OBW/MNMags overlap as well as the fact that none of the hits are AOE.

Also, it doesn't take into account Quicksilver in PVE at all. Imagine Lvl 395 Quicksilver with AOE on every blue match...

==edit, added some numbers.
    Berserker Rage + Polarity Shift
    1. 2087 dmg + 1044 strikes.
    2. Generally 2 blue and 1 red match, though you can often get 3 blue matches.
    > 1044 * 3 matches = 3132 dmg
    Total: > 4176 dmg

Berserker Rage + Polarity Shift + Quicksilver AOE on blue
    1. 2087 dmg + 1044 strikes.
    2a. Assuming 2 blue and 1 red match
    > 1044 * 2 aoe + 1044 * 3 => 1044 * 6 + 1044 * 3 = 1044 * 9 = 9396 dmg
    Total: 11483 damage
    With 3 blue matches (no reds, being generous):
    > 1044 * 3 aoe + 1044 * 3 => 1044 * 9 + 1044 * 3 = 1044 * 12 = 12528 dmg
    Total: > 14615 dmg

Even if the Blue AOE is 1 damage, you could often get an additional 9400 in damage from this combo, and there's not a 4* on this team.

passive match blue once => aoe damage is op.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Would be easier to make it a "density heavy" type thing, match damage by him increases with # of locked tiles. At max covers/levels, the boom does decent damage, so this is your carrot along the way.

Not OP, and mechanic is already in the game, so easy to implement.

This is what I like, team thinking. Yes as I crunched the numbers it would be out of line unless as Polares said, you match dmg, they match just locked tile, or your density thing. But the core of something happening damage wise with blue matches seems to be okay with people, just how it is dealt is another. What if we do a bit of a combo of the 2. Aoe Dmg on any match of blue by your team of say 72, plus locked tile, if enemy matches blue, just locked tile. Lock tiles are similar to Vision Density affecting QS only and each locked tile adds say 75 dmg to his attack.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that Quicksilver manages to prompt this much discussion icon_lol.gif

While I do like Phaser's suggestion (he didn't say have blue do a TON of team dmg) ... would it only fire if QS was tanking blue? Or is any ally matches blue? Or if ANYONE matches blue?

There are powers that go any of these ways on this question in the game.

Well he's not Quicksilver until he's quicksilver if you know what I mean icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Go read that 1 turn win in a PVP thread.. he/she faced a fistbuster team and thanks to QS, and a lucky cascade, won first turn.. he is not as bad as you think.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D3 only responds to bug postings and since this is not a bug and working as intended, a fix is very unlikely.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have this guy 3/5/4 with 2 blackflag.png and 1 greenflag.png covers sitting there for over a week, beside myself what to do with him. He's so bad.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Go read that 1 turn win in a PVP thread.. he/she faced a fistbuster team and thanks to QS, and a lucky cascade, won first turn.. he is not as bad as you think.

So long as you're lucky, he's great! icon_lol.gif
    It was pure strategy. By not using GSBW with PX, it disabled the game's "starve the opening board of purple" logic. Using QS instead practically guarantees the opening board will have a purple match5 waiting for you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Well I can vouch for that happening similarly with daredevil. Not a 1 turn win of course but it was satisfying nonetheless. Now the question is how many times does a 1 turn win accur with that strategy or not? I'm guessing the answer is not enough,nor should it be. Hence why the QS threads. Think we/most just want a guy that feels fast and is just plain fun to play with. As is he really isn't,he should be though.