*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    QS featured PvP--5/5/3 no questions, I got his blue to go off so many times is was insane.

Any other enviornment 5/3/5. Without another quicksilver or IW his blue just doesn't trigger.
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    So QS is essential this Gauntlet, my QS5/s 5/4/4 and I have a green cover in my queue. Would it be worth it to switch to 5/3/5 for the gauntlet? Seems like the consensus is that 5/5/3 is better for PVP and 5/3/5 is better for PVE, but when is it reasonable to assume that the QS PVP will run again?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Krongle wrote:
    So QS is essential this Gauntlet, my QS5/s 5/4/4 and I have a green cover in my queue. Would it be worth it to switch to 5/3/5 for the gauntlet? Seems like the consensus is that 5/5/3 is better for PVP and 5/3/5 is better for PVE, but when is it reasonable to assume that the QS PVP will run again?
    My Quicksilver is 5/3/5 regardless. When the PvP comes around it's easy enough to manioulate the blue matches so only I trigger it.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    My Quicksilver is 5/3/5 regardless. When the PvP comes around it's easy enough to manioulate the blue matches so only I trigger it.

Ditto. I was 5/5/3 originally and found the extra two blue covers just not particularly worth it, even in the [very infrequent] occasions that his PVP pops up. I far prefer 5/3/5 now in general, and especially for the [more frequent] occasions that he's buffed elsewhere, such as the current Gauntlet.
  • What are some good teammates to pair him with, if he is the main green user? I just got 2 blue covers but he's been at 535 for a long time now, just never really use him much so I haven't tested out his power.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dw316 wrote:
    What are some good teammates to pair him with
    Aside from IF/PX, I don't think he's all that usable.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    dw316 wrote:
    What are some good teammates to pair him with
    Aside from IF/PX, I don't think he's all that usable.

Another decent team although not as good as the IF/PX, is with Rags and IW. Rags red generates blue which obviously feeds QS and Sue, Rags blue can get charged tile green on the board and with QS black you can pick those up and have Sue go off. However you really realize how weak Sue is when compared to JG and Ice, her green needs AoE.
  • With the new update, is he still a 553 guy or is he better back at 535?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    pssst...
    if/qs
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My fully covered, level 127 QS sells for 17000 iso and 875 HP.

There was a time when I'd have leaped at that offer, but what the heck am I going to do with the HP?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My fully covered, level 127 QS sells for 17000 iso and 875 HP.

There was a time when I'd have leaped at that offer, but what the heck am I going to do with the HP?
    and do you really want to run a loaner in the upcoming pvp? sounds like his blue will be easier to trigger - looking forward to seeing how it looks in action.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How long do they typically maintain the increased sale value? His event is next, isn't it?
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    dw316 wrote:
    What are some good teammates to pair him with, if he is the main green user? I just got 2 blue covers but he's been at 535 for a long time now, just never really use him much so I haven't tested out his power.

I like to play him with Nick Fury & Daredevil. Get trap tiles out & use QS black to match them. Works with XPool too.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RoboDuck wrote:
    I like to play him with Nick Fury & Daredevil. Get trap tiles out & use QS black to match them. Works with XPool too.
    If you're trying to match Fury's traps yourself, you're doing it wrong...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    RoboDuck wrote:
    Meh, it's a nice source of extra damage, particularly if there are strike tiles out. It's definitely better to hope for the one big boom though.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    The absolute best lineup if your goal is to build around Quicksilver is

Quicksilver/Invisible Woman/Ragnarok.

While that is definitely a low tier team, they are amazing at highlighting QS and makes quick work of teams in DDQ.

Rags generates blue via his red, which keeps blue matches on the board.

Sue can turn TU's to locked thus lowering all of QS's costs and leading up to big booms.

Recommended specs.

Rags--3/5/5 (that extra charge tile is worth it sometimes)

Sue--5/5/3 or 3/5/5 doesn't matter, I prefer 3/5/5 just to have a backup for green.

QS--3/5/5

It is fun, if you can get some strike tile creating TU's you can really do some dmg.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    RoboDuck wrote:
    Meh, it's a nice source of extra damage, particularly if there are strike tiles out. It's definitely better to hope for the one big boom though.

They key is to not match the traps yourself but to setup a match the AI can't resist.
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the overall changes to him are good, but does anyone feel like his passive should do more damage when the locked tiles detonate?
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like the changes too. He's fast and they didn't rewrite his power set to improve him( in case you were already a fan). I don't really have an opinion about wether he should do more damage, because he's just kinda fun to play either way.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dunamis101 wrote:
    I think the overall changes to him are good, but does anyone feel like his passive should do more damage when the locked tiles detonate?
    Yeah, with all the set up you have to go through to set it off, I wish the damage was a little bit higher. It would make him scary on defense too if anyone isn't careful. Overall, I like the change so far.

His teamwork with IW is improved too, I think. He only detonates locked TU tiles now so IW is free to lock any non-TU tile on the board.

I find myself having much more fun using him after the change, so kudos to the dev icon_e_smile.gif