*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dunamis101 wrote:
    I think the overall changes to him are good, but does anyone feel like his passive should do more damage when the locked tiles detonate?
    Yes it should do more damage. I think the reason it does not is because it does not cost AP. I would argue it does since it makes his active bilities cos more though.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's been a gigantic pain in the **** in gauntlet, but I think that has more to do with him being lv326.
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I agree, as far as the setup it takes to get the tiles to detonate I felt it should do at least 3000-3200 at max cover. He seems better used on nodes for PvE, but the changes to him are welcome and much appreciated.

Besides the main teams that are probably his best,
    (QS ,IF, PX, and QS, Rags, Sue), heres some others.

*Ice 355/QS 355/Cyc 553
    I think he works really well with Iceman with 5 covers in Blue and Purple. You keep blue on the board, and that blue gets put to good use with Iceman (stun & nuke). Add 4* Cyclops at 553 and you have a accelerator of either green or red, I would go with green. QS will use the green anyway cause his will be the most inexpensive (locked tiles all day or cycs red nuke).

You may lose Ice's great AOE but it seems like a team that can cause a lot of mayhem. QS's passive will go off more frequently as well.

Other teams to consider...

*Miles 553/QS 355/Spidey 355*
    (If the new 4* is Gwen then her in place of Miles)

*QS 355/4* Thor 535/PX 535*
    Not bad, blue for Thor's stuns, match 5's which will accelerate blue for Thor (stuns) if PX is higher in level or lead character at the same level as Thor.

Tiles everywhere as well with PX's passive, you could even go 544 with PX so the board isnt too cluttered and you will get higher buffs to your strike and protect tiles quicker with PX matches. Less clutter helps with match 5's for QS. Keep in mind there will be charged tiles as well, so thats also what I mean by a cluttered board.

*Ice 355/QS 355/Nova 553*
    I tried this combo out in the PVP cause i dont have Nova, try it out and see what you think. I see some potential with this team, QS will always use his inexpensive black, hence the 553 build for Nova.

*Antman 553 or 535/Carnage 553/QS 355*
    Still experimenting with this one, QS's powers may go off so much with locked tiles you may need 5 in blue for Antman to cover Carnage's passive going off all the time cause of QS. This is more theory than anything as i dont have a blue cover for AM yet. I hear good things about the Antman/Carnage duo though, the main thing I see is QS getting bashed with with Carnages red AOE power.

With QS being so fast you would think he would move the TinyKitty out the way, XD.

I Just thought i would share a bit, and I hope this helps with team composition for people trying to build a team with him.

Edit: I forgot...
    *QS 355/Jean 553/4* Cyc 535*

*QS 355/Phoenix 544/Beast 535* - Just Dirty XD
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I never played Quicksilver prior to the patch and it's only been in the last week I bothered using him much post patch, as I read the changes and couldn't see it making him much better.

But oh how wrong I was! The changes are incredible! His blue ability can go off two to three times in a match, his Green is way more powerful and speeds up getting to his black power to match more blue/green/black.

He's gone from being someone you can leave, to being a major threat let alone when I get to use him and have real board control.

Paired with a blue nuke such as Magneto he really shines, as you want to build that blue anyway.

But most importantly these small changes have made him fun to play with! He's probably the character I actually enjoy playing with the most. He allows it to be a real puzzle with how to place the board and when to fire which abilities etc.

3/5/5 is a must in the new world. I can't wait for that third blue cover so I can build him to max level and champion him.
  • Azoth658
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Snip

Couldn't agree more, especially the pairing him with CMags. You'll be matching blue anyway for Magnetised Projectiles, so that creates a lot of locked tiles very quickly. I can't count how many times i spammed a 5AP Fists of Fury, followed by Idle Hands either to match blue for Supersonic, or just to set up a match-5 in general. I paired them with either Scarlet or Kamala; good times

I don't have a high level Kamala which would be horrendous in PVP. Do you stop the Supersonic and Fists of Fury or the Embiggened Bash.....

But the other thing with CMags to point out is that he's even more useful with QS because once the supersonic goes off you can instantly drop a Red for 8AP cleaning all team up tiles for a nice cascade before building those blues again.

Board Control, Board Shake, Low Cost Abilities and Free Healing Now that is a scary PVP team for 3*s
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I never thought I'd say it but...

I deeply regret selling him.
  • Azoth658
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:

When did you do it? After the changes or way before?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Way before
  • Azoth658
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:

Way before

Certainly not as bad as the people who have sold post upgrade that haven't really tried the new character with different combinations.

Definitely find space on your roster for him going forward.
  • Dunamis101
    Options
    I think Magneto works well with him but not for pvp. The cpu is gonna fire Mags red at random times, which will destroy your setup of locked tiles.

Unless of course you put someone on the team with a cheaper red, like Miles for 6ap.

If you manually play Mags and QS, then its great. I cant wait to use gwen and spidey with him, theres gonna be stuns all day. Its also a full rainbow team.

QS is the next one for me to champion for sure, hes so much more fun now.
  • Dunamis101 wrote:
    I think Magneto works well with him but not for pvp. The cpu is gonna fire Mags red at random times, which will destroy your setup of locked tiles.

DOES Mag's red do that? Does it destroy locked_qs.png tiles?

Like I'd think it'd protect them even more by getting rid of nearby ones they can be matched with.

Also: Wasn't he supposed to get a higher resell rate after the buff? My lame, level 40, 2 cover him is still sitting at 500 Iso 0 HP. icon_razz.gif
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    Dunamis101 wrote:

DOES Mag's red do that? Does it destroy locked_qs.png tiles?
    He unlocks them
  • Dunamis101
    Options
    A opposing magneto would be a actual counter to QS's. In a PvP setting where your using them on the same team is not so great when the cpu is using your team. Manually is good, but when someone is facing your team the cpu is gonna use red as soon as it gets enough ap, thus destroying all locked tiles.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just a QS PvP reminder.

If 3 Locked TU's out and you make the blue match, you will take dmg from the other QS

If 3 Locked TU's out and they make the blue match, you will deal the dmg.

If 4 or more Locked TU's out, if you make the match, you do the dmg, if they make the match, you take the dmg.

So if you have the AP. Remember this.

3 TU's locked. Use your green, then match blue so you deal the AoE
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Just a QS PvP reminder.

If 3 Locked TU's out and you make the blue match, you will take dmg from the other QS

If 3 Locked TU's out and they make the blue match, you will deal the dmg.

If 4 or more Locked TU's out, if you make the match, you do the dmg, if they make the match, you take the dmg.

So if you have the AP. Remember this.

3 TU's locked. Use your green, then match blue so you deal the AoE

The puzzle part of this PvP and how you deal with those situations makes it one of my favorites.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I personally love the changes to QS, and I can report that it is hilariously fun and a near-winfinite experience to use Idle Hands with a few locked TU tiles out to make black match 4s. Sure you run out of match-4 possibilities eventually but then you can make a blue match, blow up the enemy team, use some other board shake power (cmags, storm, xforce, etc...) and start all over.

I did this several times in the gauntlet and won the match on my first turn. Not the average case I'll grant you but extremely satisfying.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When there are already four locked tiles on board and your are adding the fifth one with QSs greenflag.png, they aren't detonating. It's a bug, isn't it? Or are they only detonating when you're doing a blue match?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So remind me again why people called him Bagsilver?

Couldn't he have been Quickbag?