*** Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) ***

Options

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Just a QS PvP reminder.

If 3 Locked TU's out and you make the blue match, you will take dmg from the other QS

If 3 Locked TU's out and they make the blue match, you will deal the dmg.

If 4 or more Locked TU's out, if you make the match, you do the dmg, if they make the match, you take the dmg.

So if you have the AP. Remember this.

3 TU's locked. Use your green, then match blue so you deal the AoE

Only when both teams have QS and with blue covers.

Just to add on, all blue matches are first resolved by the side making the match BEFORE the opposing side QS lays his locked tiles.

So if there are 2 locked TU tiles on the board and you make a blue match twice (from cascades), your QS first lays down 2 locked tiles. The opposing QS then blows up the locked tiles before laying down 1 locked tile.

If there is 1 locked tile on the board and you make a blue match twice from cascades, your QS lays down 2 locked tiles. The opposing QS then lays down one locked tile before blowing them up.

Happened to me in Blue Shift Pvp
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    two issues:

when my blue power activates my black tiles are drained, why?

that behavior with the blue tiles makes no sense, there where 3 locked TU tiles and I deliberately made a 5 tiles blue match, so it was still MY turn and the enemy is the one activating the power, i think this is wrong
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    guzktgui wrote:
    two issues:

when my blue power activates my black tiles are drained, why?

that behavior with the blue tiles makes no sense, there where 3 locked TU tiles and I deliberately made a 5 tiles blue match, so it was still MY turn and the enemy is the one activating the power, i think this is wrong

Your black AP is not drained.

When the number of locked TU tiles increase, the threshold for your black ability decreases. So when the locked tiles are unlocked, the black threshold goes back to the original number. It only looks like there is a drain on the AP but there is no actual decrease in your black/green AP. (read the Green and Black ability descriptions)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like heresy to say this, but in Heroic Venom, he was the best available 3rd for Cyke and Iceman. You're prioritizing blue to begin with, you needed a black outlet, his black was perfect for setting up more red/blue matches, and his green was quicker and more efficient than Iceman's once you got down to 1 opponent.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Seems like heresy to say this, but in Heroic Venom, he was the best available 3rd for Cyke and Iceman. You're prioritizing blue to begin with, you needed a black outlet, his black was perfect for setting up more red/blue matches, and his green was quicker and more efficient than Iceman's once you got down to 1 opponent.

He did some good work with X-23 and R&G too. Triggering her trap and getting a needed yellow match for R&G's heal saved me a lot especially against #@#$ Carnage.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sold on the redesign. I like his new Green, but the change of how his Blue interacts with locked tiles does tone down his potential for big damage.

I was really excited about his new green hoping it could be used right before matching Blue for extra damage. At this point it's just a fixed amount of damage (same damage for 4 locked tiles or 8 locked tiles). Even if this ability wasn't intended to interact with Bagman & Baglady's locked tiles anymore, it's a missed chance for strategy that he can't increase his Blue's damage anymore by having more than 4 locked tiles out there.

Failing that, it should only blow up 4 of the locked tiles.

Take your pick devs.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I'm not sold on the redesign. I like his new Green, but the change of how his Blue interacts with locked tiles does tone down his potential for big damage.

I was really excited about his new green hoping it could be used right before matching Blue for extra damage. At this point it's just a fixed amount of damage (same damage for 4 locked tiles or 8 locked tiles). Even if this ability wasn't intended to interact with Bagman & Baglady's locked tiles anymore, it's a missed chance for strategy that he can't increase his Blue's damage anymore by having more than 4 locked tiles out there.

Failing that, it should only blow up 4 of the locked tiles.

Take your pick devs.
    What are you talking about? It always dealt a fixed amount of damage no matter how many locked tiles there were.

Now, if he did blow up just 4 tiles when his blue triggered, it would make him even faster, so his green and or blue damage would take a slight hit in that case?

Anyway, he can still interact with IW (or Bagman for that matter) just fine. They can use the blue AP for locking TU tiles, making his green do more damage per AP more consistently and greatly speeding up blue AoE.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We should be able to vote again in the poll. As it is right now is extremely misleading as the clearly best build is only third best choice.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    We should be able to vote again in the poll. As it is right now is extremely misleading as the clearly best build is only third best choice.
    completely agree. any time a character gets a balancing change to abilities, polls should be recorded in the old version info and reset. im40 poll should be reset when he hits too, because it will obviously change.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Every poll should allow you to change your vote, because even without rebalancing, opinions can change once you use them for a while, or when other characters come out that make you want to change your prioritization of old character abilities.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Every poll should allow you to change your vote, because even without rebalancing, opinions can change once you use them for a while, or when other characters come out that make you want to change your prioritization of old character abilities.

While your suggestion is true, they should still reset the polls when a character gets significant changes.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:

I have 2 blue covers waiting now, so I should respec from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    my instinctual reaction is YES

however, if you are close to maxing him, then I would champion him. obviously you can respec him and you get a LT
  • simonsez
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I have 2 blue covers waiting now, so I should respec from 5/3/5 to 3/5/5?
    Absolutely. Damage difference between 3 and 5 black is negligible. And blue is much easier to trigger now.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's only level 94 and ISO is going towards 4*.

Thank you and respec'd
  • Hoho69
    Hoho69 Posts: 48
    Options
    My favorite combo Quicksilver, Prof X Black Panther....

Prof x needs to be invisible shortly followed by Black Panther Blue protect and Yellow strike tiles. QS is quite helpful with is black which can trigger the Prof X blue and cause heavy damage and produce more blue which feeds Black Panther Blue. QS blue power and Green power and extras which can cause a coup de grace. Or the Black Panther black another coup de grace.
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm having fun with QS, Kamala & Vision. Those guys fire her passive all the time, and she can feed QS's green for single-target damage.
  • mooken
    mooken Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    QS is unbelievably fun paired with Iceman and Rags.

Both Rags (red) and Iceman (purple) flood blue tiles, making QS's green and black very cheap. Use iceman's blue for a 5 turn freeze (I only have him at 3/3/3 at the moment), and otherwise use black skill to manage countdowns.

Missing yellow coverage, otherwise all other colours covered.
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    Options
    I've just discovered the joy of pair QS with IM40 and Iceman. It's just stun-locky goodness.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been using PX and SW with QS. Get tons of purple on the board from SW and then use QS black to make match 5s easily.