Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/3/5 is best against stable board. Goons

X/5/x is best in his own PvP

Hopefully he gets reworked. Dropping the AP on black and green

Blue there are multiple options. make blue go off at 4. In addition, have him only destroy the number of locked tiles, not all. This would at least let him combo with IW. Or leave everything but let him create 2 locked tiles per any blue match or 2 if you match 1 if enemy matches
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    So it figures that he's the character I have the second most covers of. I don't really know too much about him (other than that xmen evolution cartoon a few years back embarrassingly enough) Anyway I kept him because he was one of the few 3 stars I had (around the 1st ultron event) and he seemed kind of cool looking, which hopefully meant he was powerful. I assumed he was basically the counterpart to DC's The Flash. Anyway, I now realize what an utter piece of garbage he is and regret not tossing him to the curb. If any character is in any need of a desperate buff or reboot, it is him. I'm going to go over his moves and potential fixes for them

blackflag.png His only halfway decent move. I think the worry is with this move is that it could become an overpowered or infinite AP generator so that's why it costs so freakin' much. Honestly, there's not really much to do to fix this since it's already okay and anything additional would make it Op, like a smaller cost and multiple moves. It's his other moves that are horrendous

blueflag.png This attack is such a worthless joke. It honestly hinders you as much as the enemy and is so slow moving with such little reward. I'd be in favor of just scrapping the whole tile business, because I can't think of much else could be done to redeem this annoyance. I guess matching blue tiles could generate 1 green or black ap instead of just aggravatingly locking up the screen? The final blow could do more considering how difficult it can be to get 4 matches without yourself or the AI destroying an abundant team up tile. Yeah, this abomination needs to be scrapped for anything that actually favors Quicksilver's speed.

greenflag.png Easily one of the worst moves in the game. It costs way too much and does way too little. It even has the potential to help out your enemy if the tile gets placed in a terrible position. I don't understand why you can't place the tile wherever you want to. Level 1 Hawkeye is capable of doing this. This move isn't anywhere close to being overpowered (especially for the ridiculous cost price) so that needs to be changed immediately. If you wanted to make the move actually worth using, then how about instead of 1 tile you get 2 or 3? That might make Quicksilver borderline usable.

As is, he's the worst. He does nothing well and there are numerous better black users to choose from. All I use him for now is a shield to take damage for Classic Storm and just tuck him away hoping that he'll get his deserved buff one day. I'm scared to even use him in PvP even though I have him at a decent level, I've seen the AI use him and it's laughably embarrassing. I can only imagine my quicksilver doing the same thing, making meaningless switches with the black, firing off the green and ignoring the tile, and purposely smashing my own team up tiles to make matches of 3. What a joke and sadly I've invested too much into him to just scrap so I'm just gonna keep hoping he gets a drastic buff...
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Options
    I feel the same way. I got him up to level 117 before I stopped. What a waste of iso. His black is good for what it is, but when you have other black users that are way better, it's not worth it. His blue is just awful, especially when you factor other AOE users like KK who do good damage. Maybe if they limited the number of blue matches needed, and like you said, stopped with the tile locking. The green is okay, I don't hate it as much as you, but there is definately room for improvement. I would agree that he's the worst three star, and I would go as far as to say he is even worse than some 2 stars. I would take OBW and Ares over him, surely.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Add 1k damage to green and black powers at 5 covers.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's why you use the green before his black, or let the cost go down and fire it twice. Damage isn't great, but good for collecting ap. I levelled him the week he was buffed together with Deadpool and used them for shieldhopping.

Not that he's great, but he's usable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Using black to collect AP is the equivalent of using Hand Grenades to do landscaping. Sure it's providing a useful outcome but they are really meant for something else.

Quicksilver is bad. I dunno if he's the WORST 3* (*cough*spider-man*cough*) but he most certainly needs work. His powers are simultaneously too slow for a speedster (cost too high) and underwhelming for their value especially given the adjusting cost. I like the concept of his blueflag.png but the execution is lacking. Also each of his powers should be 7-4 = 3 in cost for 4 locks out. He's freaking Quicksilver. A move a match is not unreasonable. If they did nothing else but adjust the costs to 7 on both his powers he would be playable in some scenarios. BUT, they should also consider looking at his damage, especially if they are opposed to changing any costs. Realistically 6 is an alright cost for a "fast" move, although 5 would be better (especially with 2 boost AP), but that 6 also means 4 matches in blue, so minimum turn 7 before you can use it. Right now it ranges from bad to maybe OK at the cost. 6 AP for a single crit tile (that may not even match for QS so he's throwing out random damage to whomever somehow?) and 1848 damage is not great.

I'd like to see the max discount powers on QS begin bordering on OP (maybe even crossing that line considering how hard it is to get there) in terms of damage. For a 3* that is about 600 damage per AP for black and 450ish for any other color. I guess that means his green is not THAT bad if cast at 6 AP but I'd still like to see it go up a bit. Even if you give his black credit for 16 AP (2 match 4s) on the swap, that 1653 damage is just silly. Why even have it? Go back to swapping 2 sets of 2 tiles and just ditch the damage all together. Let his black accelerate his blue to accelerate his green and be fine with that. Plus just let him be a crit generator for PX, who cares? PX/QS ain't becoming the new meta even with a double swap at 11 cost. They will be an interesting combo in the QS tournaments and MIGHT have some PvE use but regular everyday PvP, forget about it, which means it's probably balanced (or at least not OP broken).
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magneto had some children but in mpq they aren't that good. Well unless you put sw with px, then if you add gsbw she seems right. icon_e_wink.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah he is so bad. Mines cover maxed and hardly ever sees any use. Be interesting to see the metrics on his use.

His black does seem to be intended to trigger his blue but is better at creating criticals.

Paired him with the Prof x before but only if better alternatives were not available. But in Pvp no way. Be as well put a target on your back.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    As a solo character, yes QS is lousy. His black is gimmicky and costs too much. Green is laughable. Blue is plain weird. However, when paired w/ IW and a strategy is utilized around his blue aoe, that is when QS becomes more effective.
  • Unknown
    Options
    His blue should turn black or blue basic tile to a charged version instead. This speeds those other powers while not hindering your moves at all.

Then make also an active for something like a weak AoE (7 or 8 blue ap for 1k ish damage).
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Quicksilver is bad. I dunno if he's the WORST 3* (*cough*spider-man*cough*) but he most certainly needs work.
    I know people are excited for a Spider-man that can actually do damage, but please don't compare him to Quicksilver. No one should suffer that indignity.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nwman wrote:
    Magneto had some children but in mpq they aren't that good. Well unless you put sw with px, then if you add gsbw she seems right. icon_e_wink.gif

Scarlet Witch is QUITE good. Eh, I wouldn't put her on QS's level.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SPOILER: neither SW or QS are magneto's children.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As bad as Quicksilver is, the "Worst 3*" award goes to Vision. Quicksilver's black isn't completely useless (came in pretty handy vs. Ultron). I can't think of anything good to say about Vision.

Spider-Man isn't even that bad, 2/3 of his abilities are decent (cheap stun + protect tiles). He's just in the same boat as Punisher: they're victims of power creep.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:
    As bad as Quicksilver is, the "Worst 3*" award goes to Vision. Quicksilver's black isn't completely useless (came in pretty handy vs. Ultron). I can't think of anything good to say about Vision.

Spider-Man isn't even that bad, 2/3 of his abilities are decent (cheap stun + protect tiles). He's just in the same boat as Punisher: they're victims of power creep.

^Totally agree
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    That's why you use the green before his black, or let the cost go down and fire it twice. Damage isn't great, but good for collecting ap. I levelled him the week he was buffed together with Deadpool and used them for shieldhopping.

So he's useful because if I have all 3 of his abilities adequately filled he can be good? By that logic Iron Man 40 is the best character in the game...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cymmina wrote:

Disagree about vision, he is bad, especially on defense. But his blue power is actually quite good, especially when he is the center character and "owns" attack tiles. Play him with iron fist for fun. That trick is at least as good quicksilver's black.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've had about 5 defensive wins in shield simulator with lvl40 5/5/3 quicksilver, lvl 130 5/5/3 invisible woman and lvl 40 5/4/2 rags. Didn't check to see what teams I beat on defense but on offence they were quite fun against low level seed teams. So qs is not useless, he just requires the right team setup.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    20three wrote:

So he's useful because if I have all 3 of his abilities adequately filled he can be good? By that logic Iron Man 40 is the best character in the game...

Any character is bad if not covered properly. That's why people always get advised to refrain from levelling characters until they have most of the covers.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    spectator wrote:
    I've had about 5 defensive wins in shield simulator with lvl40 5/5/3 quicksilver, lvl 130 5/5/3 invisible woman and lvl 40 5/4/2 rags. Didn't check to see what teams I beat on defense but on offence they were quite fun against low level seed teams. So qs is not useless, he just requires the right team setup.

You're probably getting a lot of 1-2* transitioners thanks to mmr. That said, that's a pretty evil team to set up against noobs. icon_e_wink.gif