*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Options

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tried to balance out how fuses would work so they wouldn't be complicated. Traps should be color coded Purple, Blue, and Red. The 9-countdown is huge, but both Daredevil and Hood can lower the countdowns. EDIT -- Simplified more.
      Radar Sense - Purple 11 AP
      Daredevil's creates a Purple and a Yellow Trap tile that, as each is matched by an enemy, steals 1 AP from all colors. If you match any of these tiles, it steals 1 Purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile. As the trap is placed, Daredevil creates a purple fuse 9-countdown tile (effect: trigger traps). Each trap deactivation returns 2 AP.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Creates 3 Purple and Yellow traps. Level 3: Creates 4 traps. Matching these trap tiles also steals 1 Yellow AP. Level 4: Creates 5 traps. Matching owned traps decrements owned fuses by 1. Level 5: Creates 6 traps. Matching owned traps decrements owned fuses by 2.
        Equalizer - Blue 7 AP
        Daredevil create a Blue or Black trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. if you match the tile, it generates 1 Blue AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile. As the trap is placed, Daredevil creates a blue fuse 9-countdown tile (effect: trigger trap). Trap deactivation returns 6 AP.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns. Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns. Matching tile also generates 1 Black AP. Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns. Matching owned fuses decrements other owned fuses by 1. Level 5: Stuns for 6 turns. Matching owned fuses decrements other owned fuses by 2.
          Ambush - Red 7 AP
          Daredevil creates a Red and a Green Trap tile that, when matched by the enemy, deals 250 damage. If you match the tile, the enemy takes 24 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile. As the trap is placed, Daredevil creates a red fuse 9-countdown tile (effect: trigger traps). Each trap deactivation returns 3 AP.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: 331 damage on enemy match. Level 3: 425 damage on enemy match. Level 4: 520 damage on enemy match. Level 5: 615 damage on enemy match. Fuse is a 7-countdown tile.
          Max Level: Enemy takes 4520 damage on enemy match / Enemy takes 148 damage on player match
        • Unknown
          Options
          Phaserhawk wrote:
          gamar wrote:
          Voted "different colors." If ambush placed traps on green instead of red and/or radar sense placed traps on purple, I would play DD all day, I'm not even kidding

I had always said, if he's blind then color shouldn't matter, let him be a rainbow character. So red ability makes traps go on green, yellow or black, blue goes on green, yellow, or black, and purple goes on green, yellow or black. That way you can match tiles of your color to get AP to cast the skill and you can match other colors to attempt to activate your skill.
          I just think that, with so many powerful green-based abilities, making it dangerous to match greens or use Thunderstrike or Oasis would on its own make DD quite useful. Red just has too many chars overwriting tiles with strike tiles and nobody besides Cap and She-hulk really NEED to get reds anyways
        • scottee
          scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          Noticed something interesting with Equalizer.

If you match an enemy Equalizer trap, and it stuns your last unstunned character (so now your whole team is stunned), but your match was a match-5, you still get to take your extra turn.

I was puzzled at first because my whole team was stunned but it was waiting for me to make a move. I thought it froze.
        • vudu3
          vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
          Options
          I didn't see this suggestion listed in the poll options or anywhere else; if I overlooked it I apologize.

I think the best way to buff Davedevil would be to simply increase the effect when you match the tiles. For example, on a maxed Daredevil Ambush deals 7,712 damage when the enemy matches the trap but only 148 damage when the player matches it. That's less than 2% of the maximum! It should be changed to somewhere between 25% and 50% of the max damage (between 1,928 and 3,856 damage). I suggest a similar power decrease for Radar Sense and Ambush--steals half the AP/stuns for half the length when the player matches the trap.

It would be a huge buff without making him too powerful. It wouldn't change your main strategy--you still want to wait to set the trap until there aren't many lone tiles at the bottom of the board--but now you get to make some tactical decisions. Do you want to trigger the trap tile yourself for a reduced effect or wait and see if the enemy matches it? It would also make it so DD isn't completely useless in goon fights.
        • jojeda654
          jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          Tried to balance out how fuses would work so they wouldn't be complicated.

It's a good idea, but I think its still a little too complicated. The only other way I can see the fuse idea work is to split the trap and fuse into separate skills, which is basically how the HAMMER Bomb Tech/Demolition combo works.
        • Taganov
          Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
          Options
          How about we keep everything the same, but introduce a buff as long as the tile is on the board? Ambush = shield tile, Equalizer = strike tile Radar Sense = countdown that grants 1 random color per turn.

Good against live opponents and goons.
        • Unknown
          Options
          I think a better solution is to make it so that neither player can see where traps are, but make it so that traps grant their full effect no matter who matches them. The damage of Ambush would probably need to come down somewhat, of course.
        • vudu3
          vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
          Options
          Muspel wrote:
          I think a better solution is to make it so that neither player can see where traps are, but make it so that traps grant their full effect no matter who matches them. The damage of Ambush would probably need to come down somewhat, of course.
          I like this idea almost as much as my own. icon_lol.gif
        • ErikPeter
          ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
          Options
          Right now "Traps relocate when destroyed/overwritten" is winning.

I think that both together might be too powerful and require some rebalancing (since traps could never leave the board until triggered) but replacing just overwritten tiles might not be. And imagine how much less annoying it would be fighting Laken! Plus, never again would you scream in frustration as your own special tiles disarm traps.

There could even be a corner case where, if there's no more tiles to go to, it doesn't get replaced, which would still let Laken and Doom have an advantage over DD if they fill red, without being quite as smarmy.
        • HairyDave
          HairyDave Posts: 1,574
          Options
          Relocating or returning the AP on overwrite is really all he needs.

Alright he'd still suck against goons but do you really want bagdevil to be good? icon_lol.gif
        • FaerieMyst
          FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
          Options
          I know I'm in a minority but I really like DD. The only think is really like to see is more HP. He's too squishy. I saturate the board with his traps.
        • Jathro
          Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
          Options
          I voted for an AP return on overwrite, but it should be at a portion of the AP spent... maybe half?
        • dr tinykittylove
          dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          FaerieMyst wrote:
          I know I'm in a minority but I really like DD. The only think is really like to see is more HP. He's too squishy. I saturate the board with his traps.

He's kind of fun to play. Hard to manage the board to get his traps triggered, but I get a great sense of accomplishment when it works. I fooled with him early in a pvp once and kicked two of the opposing team dead.

If he sets his Ambush on green tiles instead, he would be a perfect counter to all the tanky green nuke guys everyone loves. Sentry, lazy Thor etc. And Daken users would also be hosed.
        • Unknown
          Options
          vudu3 wrote:
          I didn't see this suggestion listed in the poll options or anywhere else; if I overlooked it I apologize.

This would get my vote. They could go as high as 50% of max effect on a self-match if the tile didn't relocate. If they keep the 'relocate on self-match' component then I think 25% would be better.
        • dr tinykittylove
          dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          ErikPeter wrote:
          DD still has a minor bug: If you match two of your traps at once (e.g. two Ambush traps on a red match) only one trap gets re-placed on the board. Making him slightly worse than advertised!

Edit to add: New poll about how to buff DD here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11924

I just had an enemy match two equalizers at once, with the result of double stun (ie two animations, zero additional effect). I guess if you have two Ambushes lined up, try to aim for whoever has the most health left, like Hulk.

I'm feeling rather fond of DD right now, since he just kicked Ares in the Shield Simulator. icon_e_smile.gif
        • DrNitroman
          DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
          Options
          I voted for the relocation after being overwritten/destroyed

icon_arrow.gif But to be clear, what I'd prefer is that tiles can be destroyed but can't be overwritten!
          I'm sure this would be sufficient to balance Daredevil

I confusely remember that IceIX may have stated that traps overwriting would never be changed (working as intended?!)

So I hope that devs will choose one of the forumites suggestion above.
          Anyway, it remains that that traps are the only special tiles that can be overwritten by strike tiles and it seems unbalanced and unfair icon_e_sad.gif
        • over_clocked
          over_clocked Posts: 3,961
          Options
          DrNitroman wrote:
          Anyway, it remains that that traps are the only special tiles that can be overwritten by strike tiles and it seems unbalanced and unfair icon_e_sad.gif
          Pft, by strike tiles? Traps can be overwritten by any special tile - attack tile (Punisher, Doom, Torch, modern and Mohawk Storm), CD (Cap, Hawkeye, MMN, etc.), protect tile (Falcon), presumably webtile too (Venom changes random basic tiles to green webtiles).
        • DrNitroman
          DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
          Options
          locked wrote:
          DrNitroman wrote:
          Pft, by strike tiles? Traps can be overwritten by any special tile - attack tile (Punisher, Doom, Torch, modern and Mohawk Storm), CD (Cap, Hawkeye, MMN, etc.), protect tile (Falcon), presumably webtile too (Venom changes random basic tiles to green webtiles).
          Yep, you're right, the list of what can overwrite traps are just... disarming! icon_eek.gif
          Seriously why enable traps to be overwritten in the first place?
        • Phaserhawk
          Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
          Options
          If they did something similiar to what they did for Fury in regards to traps. Have them go to random places and you create multiples, but if you match them they go away. Essntial Fury's blue could become DD's red, albeit not as much dmg as fury. But if his red sill did 9040 dmg but it created 7 random traps DD becomes very playable, you would just have to adjust the AP cost. You could have blue steal AP if you match, but tile destroyed, then when activated by enemy for each blue trap out it stuns them that many turns. And purple could be steals 1 AP of each color for all the purple traps that get destroyed. The ensuing cascades etc would turn DD from dud to deadly in one swoop
        • Unknown
          Options
          DD animation icon_razz.gif

RadarSense :
          GWUp4Zdl.jpg
          Equalizer :
          FNrnlznl.jpg
          Ambush :
          GbG8X3cl.jpg