*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Question am I wrong ?...

Does daredevil have any use vs the soldiers like hammer etc that don't move tiles ?
  • Joker117 wrote:
    Question am I wrong ?...

Does daredevil have any use vs the soldiers like hammer etc that don't move tiles ?

No, because they dont move titles around
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Joker117 wrote:
    Question am I wrong ?...

Some of their cds cause cascades which could trigger the traps, but then again you want to be avoiding countdowns from resolving.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Joker117 wrote:
    Question am I wrong ?...

Some of their cds cause cascades which could trigger the traps, but then again you want to be avoiding countdowns from resolving.
  • scottee wrote:
    Noticed something interesting with Equalizer.

If you match an enemy Equalizer trap, and it stuns your last unstunned character (so now your whole team is stunned), but your match was a match-5, you still get to take your extra turn.

I was puzzled at first because my whole team was stunned but it was waiting for me to make a move. I thought it froze.
    This happens too if you make a match-5 and set off his Ambush, killing off your only unstunned character. Was quite relieved when the game wasn't frozen. I think you can also pull off stunned characters moving if one of your countdown tiles going off causes a cascade match, though they might have fixed that since.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    After playing him at higher levels, I don't actually think any one of his powers is all that bad. His problem is that he ONLY makes traps. It doesn't fit the character's actual abilities, and it makes him extremely limited against many opponents (Goons, Tilesmashers, and Overwriters in particular).
  • Yes, because Daredevil really needed this nerf of Rader Sense now potentially being set on a tile that the AI will only ever match by accident.

Also is there a post on all the other character changes?

I noticed that Modern Storm's red power is now yellow, always costs 9, and destroys 5 Team Up tiles (making it the worst Team Up power that I can think of.)
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    kalirion wrote:
    Yes, because Daredevil really needed this nerf of Rader Sense now potentially being set on a tile that the AI will only ever match by accident.
    But it's actually a buff on defence.

Sure it's still expensive at 11 AP, but it's a lot harder to avoid now that it could be anywhere.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Unless you were waiting for only 4 Env tiles to be on the board and arranged in a four match with no other 4 matches on the board before using Radar Sense, it's about as effective now as it always was. For whatever that's worth.
  • Unless you were waiting for only 4 Env tiles to be on the board and arranged in a four match with no other 4 matches on the board before using Radar Sense, it's about as effective now as it always was. For whatever that's worth.

No, unless there's a four match available, AI seemed to prefer taking 3 Env tiles to even their strongest color. Not always, but more often than not in my experience.

But yeah, I didn't think about the defensive aspect.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if there were such a thing as defense, with how the game is now 'deny TU AP even above key colors', having it on TU tiles would probalby still be better
  • Spoit wrote:
    Even if there were such a thing as defense, with how the game is now 'deny TU AP even above key colors', having it on TU tiles would probalby still be better

Is the game really like that now? I rarely deny TU because

1.TU abilities I've seen on the AI side are more often than not less scary than AI's primary abilities
    2.I usually need TU less than my main colors
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalirion wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

1.TU abilities I've seen on the AI side are more often than not less scary than AI's primary abilities
    Well, when every other fight has sentry as the enemy's TU powers...
  • Spoit wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

From my experience, in the da pve event. They prolly preset those missions. Lr seems more random to me.
  • Spoit wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

From my experience, in the da pve event. They prolly preset those missions. Lr seems more random to me.

Maybe it's not so much preset but team ups that actually make sense (Dark Avengers teaming up with Dark Avengers)?

In PVP, I've come across cases of a team up power being from a hero that's actually in the AI team. That's not cool.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    What they really need to do is have his other two powers be able to be placed on two colors. That way you still know kinda were it is. For instance, the crotchkick could go on a random red or green tile. Then the billy club to the face could go on either a blue or black/purple. That would still make him a random placement person which is annoying, but in turn would actually make him a very playable person! And on defense he would be pretty damn cool! Could you imaging the fright of matching a red or green wondering if it'll bring you death??? Plus, you could probably nerf the damage cause of the possibilites for more tiles.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Much of this should go to POLL: What's the best way to buff Daredevil's traps?

There is a lot of discussion and many good ideas there.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    So I was playing with The Devils today and I thought he's almost a useful character now. He just needs one more thing changed. What they really need to do is have his other two powers be able to be placed on two colors. That way you still know kinda were it is. For instance, the crotchkick could go on a random red or green tile. Then the billy club to the face could go on either a blue or black/purple. That would still make him a random placement person which is annoying, but in turn would actually make him a very playable person! And on defense he would be pretty damn cool! Could you imaging the fright of matching a red or green wondering if it'll bring you death??? Plus, you could probably nerf the damage cause of the possibilites for more tiles. Anywyas, just my thought because it's a shame that he isn't a more useful character right now.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Bug? If you self-match a Radar Sense tile, it always goes to a team-up tile.