[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    If they are indeed tweaking 1* BW's blue due to T/U's, then why don't they simply stop allowing it to be a T/U? They recently did it for Starlord and there are many other characters' abilities you cannot use as a T/U. That would be the easier fix.

Tweaking her ability to a damage power is not a good idea for the 1* player.. I relied heavily on BW's stun ability against Juggs and Venom in the prologue. Those two guys are extremely difficult when you start playing, why eliminate a tool that helps the 1*.. again this goes with scaling, you keep giving us difficult enemies but you take away our tools. I feel bad for new players if they decide to make this change to 1* BW.

the sad part is they don't care what the 1* or 2* player thinks...that's why they nerfed 2* mag(which has a domino effect of nerfing 2* storm and 2*Hawkeye)

While I do agree with you somewhat. I actually still use MNM with Hawkeye and CStorm, and I find myself using him more overall than before. His nerf was done the right way, his blue still makes a 5-match or two 3-matches, plus you gain a lot of red, which normally yields another 4 or 5-match for me which sets up his 1-turn red CD or Hawkeye's red AOE ability. If I was still a 2* player, I would probably pair him with 2* Wolv and Daken to set up their skills up.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    If they are indeed tweaking 1* BW's blue due to T/U's, then why don't they simply stop allowing it to be a T/U? They recently did it for Starlord and there are many other characters' abilities you cannot use as a T/U. That would be the easier fix.

Tweaking her ability to a damage power is not a good idea for the 1* player.. I relied heavily on BW's stun ability against Juggs and Venom in the prologue. Those two guys are extremely difficult when you start playing, why eliminate a tool that helps the 1*.. again this goes with scaling, you keep giving us difficult enemies but you take away our tools. I feel bad for new players if they decide to make this change to 1* BW.

the sad part is they don't care what the 1* or 2* player thinks...that's why they nerfed 2* mag(which has a domino effect of nerfing 2* storm and 2*Hawkeye)

While I do agree with you somewhat. I actually still use MNM with Hawkeye and CStorm, and I find myself using him more overall than before. His nerf was done the right way, his blue still makes a 5-match or two 3-matches, plus you gain a lot of red, which normally yields another 4 or 5-match for me which sets up his 1-turn red CD or Hawkeye's red AOE ability. If I was still a 2* player, I would probably pair him with 2* Wolv and Daken to set up their skills up.

mag's red and blue are horrible, i'm not using hawkeye's red
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    mag's red and blue are horrible, i'm not using hawkeye's red

Mags blue is unusable, but his red is excellent actually. It's one of the better skills on the 2 Star Tier.
    Skygazing wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    I can hard-confirm Carnage is R/G/B.

Evidence? If you're going off of the images that someone posted here I can assure you that they're just guesses.

I can't really say much other than the following
    -I am not guessing.
    -I am not using information gleaned from these forums.
    -I am positive that, in his current state, Carnage's information is in the game's data and, in his current state, he is R/G/B.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, to those discussing Widow's blue nerf as a possible 3rd power, I hate to disappoint you but it's not that. The "new" ability reads exactly as the Blue did, except it has damage text instead of stun text.

"Black widow fires a dart"...
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    He pretty much denied any changes at all, he said "either" , as in the code may be just something they are playing around with, but nothing coming any time soon to anyone.

As I pointed out in the General thread, his "either" was most likely referring to the last denial about any upcoming 4* changes. With those two denials pointed specifically at 4* and 3* rumors it still leaves changes open for 1* and 2* characters, which makes sense since turul has found possible upcoming changes in both of those rarities.

I think I read it like Malcrof. He is trying to stop the speculation of changes to widow (any version) and they aren't planning any 3* changes.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Lidolas wrote:
    I think I read it like Malcrof. He is trying to stop the speculation of changes to widow (any version) and they aren't planning any 3* changes.

Try reading the original post and then go directly in Kabir's response to that post. They both specifically refer to the 3* tier with no speculation about the 1*/2* at all (that was all in this thread):
    simonsez wrote:
    When Miles posted, "I'm just going to nip this in the bud: There are currently no plans to make any updates (positive or negative) to any 4-Star characters.", the obvious question should have been, "So then which 3*s are you about to nerf?".
    Nipping this in the bud too. Please don't rely on the spoiler thread for your character info; we have nothing planned, conceived or in consideration for any 3*s either.

I don't think he is trying to stop speculation about anything but 4*'s from Miles' post and 3*'s from his own. I don't see where you read any part of that as a denial about possible changes in the lower tiers. Not to mention the fact that the code is in there for the change and mirrors the text for the 1*. Why would it appear only recently if they've already decided against it?
  • xKOBALTx wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:

Try reading the original post and then go directly in Kabir's response to that post. They both specifically refer to the 3* tier with no speculation about the 1*/2* at all (that was all in this thread):
    simonsez wrote:
    When Miles posted, "I'm just going to nip this in the bud: There are currently no plans to make any updates (positive or negative) to any 4-Star characters.", the obvious question should have been, "So then which 3*s are you about to nerf?".
    Nipping this in the bud too. Please don't rely on the spoiler thread for your character info; we have nothing planned, conceived or in consideration for any 3*s either.

I don't think he is trying to stop speculation about anything but 4*'s from Miles' post and 3*'s from his own. I don't see where you read any part of that as a denial about possible changes in the lower tiers. Not to mention the fact that the code is in there for the change and mirrors the text for the 1*. Why would it appear only recently if they've already decided against it?

If they have nothing planned for 3* characters what happened to all those characters who were getting looked at? I'm sensing a disturbance in the force
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    If they have nothing planned for 3* characters what happened to all those characters who were getting looked at? I'm sensing a disturbance in the force
    I certainly don't expect those denials to hold in the long term, personally. It just seems that they're tinkering with the two lower tiers for now: 1* Widow change, 2* Moonstone change, 2* Cyclops addition (possibly soon).

I fully expect that changes in the two higher tiers are still possible, just probably more in a scribbles on the whiteboard phase than anything solid at this point.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Alongside the MBW (can confirm that it is in fact her getting hit) there's another bit that seems to point to an incoming nerf to some residents of 2* land. Some new descriptions:

A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the mighty Thor's target, dealing %Damage damage.

The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for %Damage damage.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skygazing wrote:
    Alongside the MBW (can confirm that it is in fact her getting hit) there's another bit that seems to point to an incoming nerf to some residents of 2* land. Some new descriptions:

A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the mighty Thor's target, dealing %Damage damage.

The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for %Damage damage.

Why do you think the second one is a nerf? If anything that skill needs a buff more than any other in 2* land.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it no longer returns red ap it could be considered a nerf depending on how much more dmg it does.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Skygazing wrote:

Why do you think the second one is a nerf? If anything that skill needs a buff more than any other in 2* land.

I would consider both nerfs given that now Thor doesn't generate green and Cap doesn't return red. I suppose they could get a nice damage bump, but look how that worked out for XForce.
  • Skygazing wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

I would consider both nerfs given that now Thor doesn't generate green and Cap doesn't return red. I suppose they could get a nice damage bump, but look how that worked out for XForce.
    I have no words.

****?

I mean everyone's already mad at them.

They want the majority of players, 2* players to be mad too?

What, 2* players advanced too far?

Worked too hard?

So nerf them is the answer?

SMFH
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Skygazing wrote:

I doubt they're going to alter the 2* versions and leave the 3* lazy versions as is. Which would suggest that they are planning balance changes at the 3* level. My hope is that they're now just deliberately trolling this thread to discredit it and make it go away. (Though I hope it doesn't go away.)
  • stowaway wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

I doubt they're going to alter the 2* versions and leave the 3* lazy versions as is. Which would suggest that they are planning balance changes at the 3* level. My hope is that they're now just deliberately trolling this thread to discredit it and make it go away. (Though I hope it doesn't go away.)
    Grrr I hope they don't nerf 3*thor and cap....they're my best ways out of "why is D3 making me do this" nodes......
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The real puzzle is, trying to figure out where they are going with this game
  • fmftint wrote:
    The real puzzle is, trying to figure out where they are going with this game
    icon_moonstone.png
  • stowaway wrote:
    I doubt they're going to alter the 2* versions and leave the 3* lazy versions as is. Which would suggest that they are planning balance changes at the 3* level.
    They are changing the 2* version precisely because they want to leave the 3* versions alone. See quote below:
    Source: http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29594&p=356964#p356964
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Davyx wrote:
    stowaway wrote:
    I doubt they're going to alter the 2* versions and leave the 3* lazy versions as is. Which would suggest that they are planning balance changes at the 3* level.
    They are changing the 2* version precisely because they want to leave the 3* versions alone. See quote below:
    Source: http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29594&p=356964#p356964

I saw that quote. Do you think this means they don't want "gold" versions to be gold anymore? That they want them to be different from their 2* counterparts? Honestly, Occam's Razor tells me it's more likely that someone is lying than that they're going to go to so much trouble to re-balance the 2* game.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    stowaway wrote:
    Davyx wrote:
    stowaway wrote:

I saw that quote. Do you think this means they don't want "gold" versions to be gold anymore? That they want them to be different from their 2* counterparts? Honestly, Occam's Razor tells me it's more likely that someone is lying than that they're going to go to so much trouble to re-balance the 2* game.

I've been watching a lot of House recently, so I've had a good dose of "everybody lies". I've also been playing MPQ long enough to not trust anything the devs say. In any case, we're best served by looking at what we know:

Moonstone is getting a rework to her black. Confirmed.

That's it.
    Based on some datamining and speculation, we think the following:

MBW is losing stun.
    Thor is losing green tile creation.
    Cap is losing AP return on his red.

This could be indicitive of changes being made to the 1 & 2* tiers. If MBW is being changed, it's almost certainly in response to TeamUp sharing her Blue power. It compares really well to either CStorm or Scarlet Witch's stun abilities. The changes to Thor and Cap would be huge nerfs - particularly at the 2* tier. A change to Thor's yellow feels like it's more or less in-line with the continued "War on AP Acceleration", and it would push IF's purple even further away from comparison. A change of that scale to Cap's red seems unnecessary, so I'm not really sure what the angle is there.

Lastly, that quote from Kabir is really damaging. To say they have "nothing planned, conceived or in consideration" for the 3* tier leaves me feeling hugely disappointed. For such an agile development cycle, I would expect that there is *always* something being considered. To suggest otherwise is either a display of utter incompetence (highly likely, considering the track record) or an outright lie (also highly likely).
This discussion has been closed.