[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just glad it looks like the devs didn't decide to mess with 2*'s blue. That would be one hell of a nerf.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just glad it looks like the devs didn't decide to mess with 2*'s blue. That would be one hell of a nerf.

That would cause rioting on an unprecedented scale.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

That would cause rioting on an unprecedented scale.

They already did. It was called "true healing" and there was rioting in the streets. icon_cool.gif
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Kind of shocking that they may be putting in that effort on a 1* character. That change could really redefine any of the three variants depending on what it replaces, too. If it does end up as the 1* then I guess I'll have a couple of overpriced roster slots opened back up.
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    Yeah, I think the MBW TU's are the real nerf targets here. They can trivialize pretty much any PVE node. And still great for PVP hops if things start to go bad.

This is so stupid.

Them: Hey here's this new TU feature so you can bring characters with a one shot ability into a fight and oh yea TU AP exists now
    US: Hmm, ok. Well here are a couple of interesting ways to use that
    Them: Yea... we can't allow that *NERFBAT*
    US: So.. you want us to hate the TU feature then?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Yeah, I think the MBW TU's are the real nerf targets here. They can trivialize pretty much any PVE node. And still great for PVP hops if things start to go bad.

This is so stupid.

Them: Hey here's this new TU feature so you can bring characters with a one shot ability into a fight and oh yea TU AP exists now
    US: Hmm, ok. Well here are a couple of interesting ways to use that
    Them: Yea... we can't allow that *NERFBAT*
    US: So.. you want us to hate the TU feature then?

Meanwhile, please enjoy facing buffed Ares/Juggs/Goons over and over and over again.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    turul, are you sure it's the 1* version? I've been surprised they haven't nerfed the 3* version's purple yet, especially since they already nerfed 2* Mags' purple, so I would expect that's the ability that's changing. Of course, it could be due to the TU useage, which I agree seems like a reason the devs would use to nerf a 1*.

Or maybe it's both versions. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I swear, they will do ANYTHING to keep us down. Omg. lol. If they truly took the time out of their day to nerf a ONE STAR CHARACTER.......Lord.
  • xKOBALTx
    john1620b wrote:
    turul, are you sure it's the 1* version? I've been surprised they haven't nerfed the 3* version's purple yet, especially since they already nerfed 2* Mags' purple, so I would expect that's the ability that's changing. Of course, it could be due to the TU useage, which I agree seems like a reason the devs would use to nerf a 1*.

The flavor of the text does seem to point to the 1* and Kabir already denied any 3* changes in General discussion.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    The flavor of the text does seem to point to the 1* and Kabir already denied any 3* changes in General discussion.
    Yeah, just saw his post:

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=29594#p356964

So I guess it is the 1* version. Just trying to make TU more useful for everyone, I'm sure! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    john1620b wrote:

He pretty much denied any changes at all, he said "either" , as in the code may be just something they are playing around with, but nothing coming any time soon to anyone.
  • xKOBALTx
    Malcrof wrote:
    He pretty much denied any changes at all, he said "either" , as in the code may be just something they are playing around with, but nothing coming any time soon to anyone.

As I pointed out in the General thread, his "either" was most likely referring to the last denial about any upcoming 4* changes. With those two denials pointed specifically at 4* and 3* rumors it still leaves changes open for 1* and 2* characters, which makes sense since turul has found possible upcoming changes in both of those rarities.
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    turul wrote:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Supernerf incoming
    A dart from Black Widow's bracelet strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, dealing ??? damage.
    Which version?
    Its probably 1* because of similarity
    A dart from Black Widow's bracelet strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, stunning them for ??? turns and their teammates for ???.
    Ugh, characters can get nerfed if they're good teamups?

When CAN'T characters get nerfed is what I want to know.

We know 2* aren't safe. Are 1* really unsafe? This is ridic.

Soon we all have to use moonstone vs moonstone only final destination
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they are indeed tweaking 1* BW's blue due to T/U's, then why don't they simply stop allowing it to be a T/U? They recently did it for Starlord and there are many other characters' abilities you cannot use as a T/U. That would be the easier fix.

Tweaking her ability to a damage power is not a good idea for the 1* player.. I relied heavily on BW's stun ability against Juggs and Venom in the prologue. Those two guys are extremely difficult when you start playing, why eliminate a tool that helps the 1*.. again this goes with scaling, you keep giving us difficult enemies but you take away our tools. I feel bad for new players if they decide to make this change to 1* BW.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    edited May 2015
    Really hope this ends up being a red herring. All our tools to tackle super scaled nodes seem to be slowly taken away... Only way I'd be able to stomach this is if they reset scaling since it's seems to be stuck in Insane Mode (seriously... BW Sting and CStorm Wind Storm are my go-to's and use them 90% of the time as my TU's...).

EDIT: Fury's Avenger's Assemble would get an indirect nerf too if this rumor is legitimate, will BW Sting get replaced with SW Purple instead here? AOE plus random stun seems like a decent replacement
  • Maybe it will still cause a stun at higher cover levels and we're just seeing the 1 cover text?
  • Their idea of a fun match is one in which you take damage and need to use (and hopefully buy) health packs afterwards. Anything that allows you to come out with your characters still standing and relatively unscathed through strategic play is considered OP and in need of being nerfed to oblivion. Pretty soon they'll nerf all powers that don't consist of "skip a turn, take 50% of your character's health in damage, using a spare health pack in the process" icon_lol.gif
  • Curious if anyone has considered that since 1* BW has 2 skills, maybe she's getting a third that deals damage.
  • j12601 wrote:
    Curious if anyone has considered that since 1* BW has 2 skills, maybe she's getting a third that deals damage.

This would be much preferable to a nerf, especially considering how low her health is to begin with (granted I rarely use her anymore)
  • If they are indeed tweaking 1* BW's blue due to T/U's, then why don't they simply stop allowing it to be a T/U? They recently did it for Starlord and there are many other characters' abilities you cannot use as a T/U. That would be the easier fix.

Tweaking her ability to a damage power is not a good idea for the 1* player.. I relied heavily on BW's stun ability against Juggs and Venom in the prologue. Those two guys are extremely difficult when you start playing, why eliminate a tool that helps the 1*.. again this goes with scaling, you keep giving us difficult enemies but you take away our tools. I feel bad for new players if they decide to make this change to 1* BW.
    the sad part is they don't care what the 1* or 2* player thinks...that's why they nerfed 2* mag(which has a domino effect of nerfing 2* storm and 2*Hawkeye)
This discussion has been closed.