[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• I have a feeling we will be waiting to see Gambit till the Chaning Tatum Gambit movie comes out, as much as it pains me
  • I have a feeling we will be waiting to see Gambit till the Chaning Tatum Gambit movie comes out, as much as it pains me

I doubt it. We've only seen coordinated releases with Marvel Studios films, not the Fox or Sony stuff. They ignored DOFP and ASM 2.
    i believe gambit will be movie tie or when game is more populous(Summer break = kids winter holiday = $$$$$)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    I have a feeling we will be waiting to see Gambit till the Chaning Tatum Gambit movie comes out, as much as it pains me
    i believe gambit will be movie tie or when game is more populous(Summer break = kids winter holiday = $$$$$)

Who owns FF? Thing and Mr Fantastic are missing, and that movie is coming first i think.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    I have a feeling we will be waiting to see Gambit till the Chaning Tatum Gambit movie comes out, as much as it pains me

Who owns FF? Thing and Mr Fantastic are missing, and that movie is coming first i think.
    fox is doing ff, but as has been discussed(in this thread iirc, even) FF aren't likely to be completed anytime soon. Their comic got cancelled and marvel has gone silent about them. Marvel's cinematic universe plan as well as any tv shows(Daredevil = Kingpin) is the best predictor.

If someone with an ear into the comic world might have some insight(hint: its not me).

PS: theres also unreleased characters in this thread we have evidence of icon_ironpatriot.png
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    bcas76 wrote:
    What odd character choices, but interesting mechanics. I really wish they would get away from the blackflag.pnggreenflag.png and purpleflag.png or redflag.png because we have plenty of them.

To clarify, the colors of the characters being discussed are completely speculated. At present there is no solid evidence of what they're going to be, they're just guesses based on character identity and general color/power themes.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Thanks for clarifying, skygazing.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skygazing wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:
    What odd character choices, but interesting mechanics. I really wish they would get away from the blackflag.pnggreenflag.png and purpleflag.png or redflag.png because we have plenty of them.

To clarify, the colors of the characters being discussed are completely speculated. At present there is no solid evidence of what they're going to be, they're just guesses based on character identity and general color/power themes.

I can hard-confirm Carnage is R/G/B.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Much like Netflix rebooted a 2003 train wreck...I wish they would give Venom a second look.

Some villains; it's like smacking yourself in the forehead. Right Colin?
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Arondite wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:
    bcas76 wrote:

I can hard-confirm Carnage is R/G/B.

Evidence? If you're going off of the images that someone posted here I can assure you that they're just guesses.

Unless you mean thematically, in which case I could see an argument for purple but otherwise B/R/G would make the most sense.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    Much like Netflix rebooted a 2003 train wreck...I wish they would give Venom a second look.

I agree with you there. To me, Carnage has always been a knock-off with a generic psychopath personality instead of everything that actually makes the Eddie Brock version of Venom interesting. I really would've liked to see a 3* Venom instead.

Carnage has a lot of fans and makes sense for a character that hurts your own team half of the time, though. Not a big fan of that style of play myself (only hopped on the Sentry train because he was too good not to).

Bullseye looks interesting, but if he's really any good or not will depend on the cost of his actives.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supernerf incoming
    A dart from Black Widow's bracelet strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, dealing ??? damage.

Character Y hurls a torrent of sharp objects hitting Y's opponent in the limbs before delivering the final blow. Y selects up to &xvalue basic tiles and destroys them, dealing %xvalue damage. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.
    ^-- does not destroy tiles now, only returns basic status
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    Supernerf incoming
    A dart from Black Widow's bracelet strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, dealing ??? damage.
    Which version?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Supernerf incoming
    Which version?

I expect that's the new 3* pink. People have been expecting a nerf, because they've been cracking down on all such abilities since the release of Professor X.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Supernerf incoming
    Which version?
    Its probably 1* because of similarity
    A dart from Black Widow's bracelet strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, stunning them for ??? turns and their teammates for ???.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    stowaway wrote:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Supernerf incoming
    Which version?

I expect that's the new 3* pink. People have been expecting a nerf, because they've been cracking down on all such abilities since the release of Professor X.

While that would make sense, it looks more like the red to me, since the purple didn't destroy tiles before, the red did. Unless both red and purple are being changed. They better lower her green to 12 or 14 if they nerf purple.
  • turul wrote:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Supernerf incoming
    Which version?
    Its probably 1* because of similarity
    A dart from Black Widow's bracelet strikes the target and releases an electrical charge, stunning them for ??? turns and their teammates for ???.
    Yeah, I think the MBW TU's are the real nerf targets here. They can trivialize pretty much any PVE node. And still great for PVP hops if things start to go bad.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    stowaway wrote:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Supernerf incoming
    Which version?

While that would make sense, it looks more like the red to me, since the purple didn't destroy tiles before, the red did. Unless both red and purple are being changed. They better lower her green to 12 or 14 if they nerf purple.

If it is 3* red that might be a super buff instead of a super nerf if they lower the cost. The only thing keeping 3* BW from good to great is her horrible red, but more than likely it is 1* BW since a 5 turn stun on a 1* character is a little op.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    but more than likely it is 1* BW since a 5 turn stun on a 1* character is a little op.

Will this effect team ups you have banked if it is the one star??? I save those for nasty battles
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    but more than likely it is 1* BW since a 5 turn stun on a 1* character is a little op.

Will this effect team ups you have banked if it is the one star??? I save those for nasty battles

If it is in fact 1* BW then yes it will effect all the team ups you have which is probably why they are nerfing it since that is pretty much the only TU everyone uses except for Juggs.
This discussion has been closed.