[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Oh my, the power sounds extremely under powered, since it can only be activated twice in normal matches.
    But if the tiles are very powerful, it could be nasty. And how often in a typical match would you get out something like "We Got a Plan" or "Bad Reputation"? The limitation might not be as bad as it seems.
    Maybe twice? But first casting is almost certainly when everyone is still alive, so the strike tiles are used to KO the first target speeding up everything.
  • atomzed wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:

Still if you're really dying for something, here's one of the Daredevil character's powers (stripped of flavor/name):
    "Strike Tile Generator"
    (PASSIVE) If [redacted] deals the final blow to an opponent, create ??? Strike tiles of strength ???.

Oh my, the power sounds extremely under powered, since it can only be activated twice in normal matches. It may only be useful in survival nodes.

Those tiles better be really really good. Like in the thousands good. Otherwise, it's an obvious 3 candidate.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    The power may be "underpowered"... but it's FREE. Things that don't cost AP are always going to be less strong than things that do, for obvious reasons.

Also, what if the char has a one-shot kill skill like the pre-nerf X-force on 4* Wolverine (or Dr. Doom's purpletile.png ?) Doesn't that make this significantly better, even if the individual strike tiles are low? (because, again, it doesn't cost AP...)

Also, it's totally Foggy Nelson. icon_e_smile.gif
  • My bet is either 3* Bullseye classic, or Jessica Jones. But Im thinking they'll save Jessica for release with the netflix series and Bullseye is more in line with the aiming thing- plus strike tiles after a kill sounds kinda like it would fit him more.
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    The power may be "underpowered"... but it's FREE. Things that don't cost AP are always going to be less strong than things that do, for obvious reasons.

Also, what if the char has a one-shot kill skill like the pre-nerf X-force on 4* Wolverine (or Dr. Doom's purpletile.png ?) Doesn't that make this significantly better, even if the individual strike tiles are low? (because, again, it doesn't cost AP...)

Also, it's totally Foggy Nelson. icon_e_smile.gif
    it does ultimately depend on his complementary abilities. That being said our only OHKO character in game is a really bad example of this currently.... icon_venom.png
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I'm convinced the three characters in the queue are 3* Bullseye, 2* Cyclops, and 3* Vision. I'm really interested to see the order they come out in. I'm guessing Vision would lead the group since this would've been the clue from the previous patch, and 2* Cyclops to give people a little break before dropping 3* Bullseye at the end of the month.

Anyway, we should probably start a gambling ring... make a little extra money on the side (or lose some) to help pay for all the roster slots with all these millions of new characters they're throwing at us.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Vision covers can be seen in PVE now.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Vision is up.

And is it's another Bullseye, they really shouldn't have done the play on words with "aiming to please," because those who were waiting for or voting for or hoping for ANOTHER Bullseye would be a very, very small group of people. lol
  • If Professor X goes invisible and Vision aims to please we shouldnt ever take hints literally LOL
  • Agent Alex wrote:
    If Professor X goes invisible and Vision aims to please we shouldnt ever take hints literally LOL
    was vision really 'aim to please' I thought he was 'hero need not be human'
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    A possibility, but one I don't think will be the case, is that there is a Marvel villainous group called A.I.M. About the only member known well enough that I could see them adding to the roster at this time is M.O.D.O.K., before getting to more D-listers. (The only other character tied to AIM that is notable and I am aware of is Red Skull, who I would not expect to ever be a playable character in the game.)

In actuality, there have been hints in this thread for 2* Cyclops having trick shots, and turul's Daredevil image, and those both lend themselves to characters that aim. Heck, it could even be a double hint and apply to the next TWO characters (like how the "A hero need not be human..." could apply to multiple recent characters).
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    I've read rumours about a 2* Cyclops. The idea doesn't excite me at all, but if D3 will release him I hope in this version: Cyclops (Astonishing X-Men) or Cyclops (Unstoppable).
    Astonishing_X-Men_Vol_3_19_Variant_Cyclops.jpg
    Astonishing_X-Men_Vol_3_22.jpg
    However, I really hope the next character will be 3* Black Bolt blackflag.png / blueflag.png / yellowflag.png
  • I think 2* Cyclops will have the 90s Jim Lee costume - I think he'll be the last segment from the X-Men #1 gatefold. I think that leaked out already.
  • Dom22
    Dom22 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    i thought it was said earlier in this thread that it will be the All New incarnation of Cyke
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Yes, seriously. Go back one page in this thread. I asked which Cyclops and it's the one:
    3701100-scott_summers_(earth-trn240)_all-new_x-men_vol_1_18.jpg
  • TheHood
    The All-New one? They choose the worst Cyclops of all time -.-'
  • TheHood wrote:
    why
  • I don't think I've ever seen that costume before, but it's a special kind of boring.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we're getting All-New cyclops to go along with revolutionary Cyclops then they'd better be able to be on the same team at the same time.
  • TheHood
    raisinbman wrote:
    TheHood wrote:
    why
    Because I read All-New X-Men, he is just the past version of Scott with a boring and teen characterization (and with a banal costume). He is the umpteenth copy coming from another timeline. The x-continuity and x-comics are totally full of this kind of character, it's a commonplace too abused, and Bendis is "expired" IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.