[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• The advantage of the next new character being a 2* is that it'll be a nice vacation for a lot of us. It's been super-intense for a while, and it would be nice to have a break from all that and not have to worry about missing someone.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Patch update hint: "We're aiming to please with our next character..."

3* Bullseye?

Probably the 2* Cyclops.

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping this would tie more into the picture Turul posted than Cyclops.

D3 is kidding themselves if they think adding a 2* will please us. Then again they may have just been going for the cheap pun.
    2* is good for the overall health of the game, 2* players are majority of players. Besides, it'd be nice to have more options in deadpool daily
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I was really hoping for a revamped Bullseye. But given the hints, I am happy with a new 2*
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The advantage of the next new character being a 2* is that it'll be a nice vacation for a lot of us. It's been super-intense for a while, and it would be nice to have a break from all that and not have to worry about missing someone.
    No vacation yet, we still have the R74 hint, Vision, coming.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    The advantage of the next new character being a 2* is that it'll be a nice vacation for a lot of us. It's been super-intense for a while, and it would be nice to have a break from all that and not have to worry about missing someone.

I figured they were referring to the inhuman Scarlet Witch.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Thanos wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

But there was still the "mode" character we saw a preview of that sounded super robotic and especially Vision-Esque. Still it may be someone else but things aren't quite adding up. I just wish they would slow down in introducing characters.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thick as Thieves event coming in the near future.
    also Dr.oc PVP
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    also Dr.oc PVP

I know it's not the case, but it feels like we only just ran Thick as Thieves. I suppose it's better than Unstable ISO.

It doesn't mean that I don't want a new storyline PvE any less.
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Vision is part Jarvis. Isn't a butler always aiming to please?
  • AlphaNik wrote:
    Vision is part Jarvis. Isn't a butler always aiming to please?
    nah, it's shuma gorath
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Seems SW was also included in the R73 hint, Chaos Speed Crime Brute Force, all have now been introduced, SW, QS, KP, HB
    Vision is still coming
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Mawtful wrote:
    turul wrote:
    also Dr.oc PVP

I know it's not the case, but it feels like we only just ran Thick as Thieves. I suppose it's better than Unstable ISO.

It was 5 PVEs ago. That is too recent. They've been doing that a lot lately. They have, I estimate, about 10 PVEs they can use. No need to double up.

And as far as Doc Oc coming, they're just shuffling through the **** but recently "balanced" characters right now. I look forward to them getting back to people I actually want to acquire.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    turul wrote:
    also Dr.oc PVP

It was 5 PVEs ago. That is too recent. They've been doing that a lot lately. They have, I estimate, about 10 PVEs they can use. No need to double up.

And as far as Doc Oc coming, they're just shuffling through the **** but recently "balanced" characters right now. I look forward to them getting back to people I actually want to acquire.
    bleh why can't they put deadpool event on repeat instead of garbage events

guy above me gets no downvote yet I get a downvote for agreeing with him
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Since "Chaos speed brute force" was four clues, maybe "we are aiming to please with our next character..." is more than one clue. It fits cyclops, if you can aim his attack. It fits 3* bullseye, to go with turul's clue. It fits 3* hawkeye. It also fits vision, because butlers aim to please and jarvis is a butler.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    DS2jgef.jpg

"Next"wave confirmed! icon_e_wink.gif
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Don't confuse the MCU with the game continuity or even the comics, which the devs have stated are three separate things. In the comics Ultron creates Vision from the 1940's era Human Torch and has sweet FA to do with what was then a real human butler. What his Marvel game backstory will be is anyone's guess.

The exact R73 quote is "This month we explore the chaotic qualities of speed, crime and brute force." The month in question was April, when we got Quicksilver, Kingpin, Scarlet Witch, and IMHB. Obviously Vision is coming, as well as Tyke-clops, for whom turul has already posted his sharpshooter skill set. I like the double meaning possibility for a not sucky 3* Bullseye, and God knows they'll release at least three characters before I finish this post.

Questions:
    1. Is the lazy Cyclops just the younger, blue human condom version from decades-old comics, or is he the time travelling teen version in comics right now (all new x-men)?
    2. Can we get one little clue about the Daredevil character beyond He's in this picture? I could probably make a shortlist through eliminating obvious people, but that takes work, and I'm at work right now. If I wanted to do work I would do the work I'm paid to do instead of posting on message boards. But I'm not going to do either.
    3. The new update has been out for nearly half a day, surely someone has dug through the code to see what's in store. Maybe a new round of hints soon?
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    bcas76 wrote:
    Questions:
    1. Is the lazy Cyclops just the younger, blue human condom version from decades-old comics, or is he the time travelling teen version in comics right now (all new x-men)?
    2. Can we get one little clue about the Daredevil character beyond He's in this picture? I could probably make a shortlist through eliminating obvious people, but that takes work, and I'm at work right now. If I wanted to do work I would do the work I'm paid to do instead of posting on message boards. But I'm not going to do either.
    3. The new update has been out for nearly half a day, surely someone has dug through the code to see what's in store. Maybe a new round of hints soon?

1. "Scott Summers led the five original X-Men in the early days of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. An idealistic young mutant, he often struggles with the enormity of his own power. Facing the growing threat of the Mutant Revolution, spearheaded by today's Cyclops, Dr. Hank McCoy brought the teenage Scott forward in time to protect human-mutant relations by confronting his future self."

2. There's really no other hint I can think of that won't outright give it away.

3. Nothing to note really. Surprisingly there are only 3 unreleased characters at the moment (not including Ultron Prime and Gorgon, who may never be playable).

Still if you're really dying for something, here's one of the Daredevil character's powers (stripped of flavor/name):
    "Strike Tile Generator"
    (PASSIVE) If [redacted] deals the final blow to an opponent, create ??? Strike tiles of strength ???.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    This may have been mentioned already but...
    The powerset where Colors 2 and 3 placed countdowns that changed what Color 1 did. Vision did seem like an obvious choice with his different densities, but what about Typhoid Mary with her multiple personalities? It seems like she would work for that too.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skygazing wrote:

Still if you're really dying for something, here's one of the Daredevil character's powers (stripped of flavor/name):
    "Strike Tile Generator"
    (PASSIVE) If [redacted] deals the final blow to an opponent, create ??? Strike tiles of strength ???.

Oh my, the power sounds extremely under powered, since it can only be activated twice in normal matches. It may only be useful in survival nodes.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    Oh my, the power sounds extremely under powered, since it can only be activated twice in normal matches.
    But if the tiles are very powerful, it could be nasty. And how often in a typical match would you get out something like "We Got a Plan" or "Bad Reputation"? The limitation might not be as bad as it seems.
This discussion has been closed.