[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    but also I believe certain characters are held back to maximize their $$$: yes...for instance, I believe Gambit is being held back for a more popular playing time(Winter for holidays, Summer for summer break) rather than just release him when he's ready.

Don't forget, though, Gambit has a movie coming out, too, with pretty boy Channing Tatum. If we see him in the game (and no reason we shouldn't), it'll probably be then.

It's not a Marvel studios movie. Marvel probably isn't going to cross-promote with Fox because the two studios pretty much hate each other. They're not going as far with the X-Men to freeze licenses, but they're also not going to be directing companies to promote the movie.
    I think Marvel is hoping Fantastic 4 fails the most. Marvel realizes X-Men is hug in theaters, and while they probably won't cross promote, they realize how big of a draw the X-Men series is. They keep releasing mutants into the game while the Fantastic 4 is being left in the dust. I can see more spiderman villians and characters in the game since Sony worked it out with Marvel to bring spidey into the marvel cinematic universe in Cival War.
  • wymtime wrote:
    I think Marvel is hoping Fantastic 4 fails the most. Marvel realizes X-Men is hug in theaters, and while they probably won't cross promote, they realize how big of a draw the X-Men series is. They keep releasing mutants into the game while the Fantastic 4 is being left in the dust. I can see more spiderman villians and characters in the game since Sony worked it out with Marvel to bring spidey into the marvel cinematic universe in Cival War.
    we've already discussed this to death here on the forums but Spiderman gets the thumbs up from Marvel with the new reboot since they renegotiated the contract

x-men will never lapse in popularity so they'll always do that(Yes, Avengers/Guardians are bigger, but x-men still very big)

As an outsider, I don't even see what space Fantastic Four is supposed to occupy. Avengers is their main team, Guardians is popular and does space stuff.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    It fills the "clobberin' time!" space, obviously!

Man, if I don't get to combine Hulk and Thing, I'ma be a sad panda. What a combo, Hulk's got green, red, and black, Thing would easily have yellow and blue.
  • heh, I think we know which Cyclops cover 2 star is getting. Over in the thread about MPQ covers in Marvel U is one I haven't seen before, for X-men 1991 featuring Cyclops....

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28550
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    taloncarde wrote:
    heh, I think we know which Cyclops cover 2 star is getting. Over in the thread about MPQ covers in Marvel U is one I haven't seen before, for X-men 1991 featuring Cyclops....

Except that is the same cover as Beast and Magneto use as well.

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/ ... -Men_1.jpg
  • Ha, I didn't even realize, thanks icon_razz.gif
  • Square wrote:
    taloncarde wrote:
    heh, I think we know which Cyclops cover 2 star is getting. Over in the thread about MPQ covers in Marvel U is one I haven't seen before, for X-men 1991 featuring Cyclops....

Except that is the same cover as Beast and Magneto use as well.

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/ ... -Men_1.jpg

Actually, no. That is not a single cover, but 4 variant covers of the same issue that could be combined together.

Beast uses this one.
    Magneto uses this.

This leaves two other covers that currently are not in the game:
    This one, not used.
    And this, that is the one that can be seen in the announcement page

Now, since Wolverine is already in game with multiple incarnations and Iceman isn't on the horizon, that last cover has very high chances to be the one for 2* Cyclops

EDIT: I understood just now what you meant. That's the same issue from which Cmags and Beast's covers are taken. Still, it's weird to use on of the two covers currently not in game, unless it's a hint for things to come. Like the Elektra and Spiderman's cover.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    After that, Baby Cyclops or someone from my Daredevil pic
    Out of curiosity, was Cyclops your 2* Sharpshooter?

Yes. It was based on the marvel.com interview text:
    This 3* (rare) version of Cyclops runs off the power and leadership side of Cyclops’ persona, with abilities that show off the more brute force side of him as opposed to the Hawkeye-like trick shots that he’s also perfectly capable of.
    Two of his powers are quite good for selected-tile destruction.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Has anyone done a comprehensive list of the characters in the Daredevil pic? Like:

Daredevil red
    Daredevil yellow
    Bullseye
    Lady Bullseye
    Bruce Willis
    Some guy on the john
    Iron Fist
    Nun-man
    Hypertrichosis-man
    Sid Vicious

Etc.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    turul wrote:
    After that, Baby Cyclops or someone from my Daredevil pic
    Out of curiosity, was Cyclops your 2* Sharpshooter?

Yes. It was based on the marvel.com interview text:
    This 3* (rare) version of Cyclops runs off the power and leadership side of Cyclops’ persona, with abilities that show off the more brute force side of him as opposed to the Hawkeye-like trick shots that he’s also perfectly capable of.
    Two of his powers are quite good for selected-tile destruction.
    Hell yes! Look at that March Madness bracket. Way better than I ever did with an NCAA bracket. icon_lol.gif

From 3/15:
    xKOBALTx wrote:
    Might as well throw my guesses out:
    Shapeshifter = Kamala Marvel
    Sharpshooter = 2* Cyclops variant
    Spidey villain = Kingpin
    Days = Quicksilver
    Health = Hulkbuster
    Color = Scarlet Witch

Thanks go to anybody that had thrown out a couple of these possibilities beforehand.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    With respect to a future Guardians 2 tie-in character, I think the logical candidate would be.....
    J'son, as James Gunn has repeatedly said that GotG2 will focus on Quill's relationship with his father, in the same way GotG was about him coming to terms with his mother's death.
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    With respect to a future Guardians 2 tie-in character, I think the logical candidate would be.....
    J'son, as James Gunn has repeatedly said that GotG2 will focus on Quill's relationship with his father, in the same way GotG was about him coming to terms with his mother's death.
    Gunn has specifically said that J'son isn't his father. It's not clear who his father will be, but the most popular suggestions are Adam Warlock and Starfox.
  • DaveR4470
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Gunn has specifically said that J'son isn't his father. It's not clear who his father will be, but the most popular suggestions are Adam Warlock and Starfox.
    He did????? I totally missed that! If you have one, could you PM me a link to an interview or something? Would greatly appreciate it!!!

My money would totally be on Adam Warlock... as that would be a logical tie-in to Infinity War, assuming they're going to roughly base it on the Infinity Gauntlet series, which would fully connect the GotG with the Avengers...
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    bcas76 wrote:
    Has anyone done a comprehensive list of the characters in the Daredevil pic? Like:

Daredevil red
    Daredevil yellow
    Bullseye
    Lady Bullseye
    Bruce Willis
    Some guy on the john
    Iron Fist
    Nun-man
    Hypertrichosis-man
    Sid Vicious

Etc.

Lol! Love the descriptions! The ones I can see are:

Hand ninjas
    Bullseye
    Lady Bullseye
    Tarantula
    Owl
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Jack Murdock
    Tombstone
    Kingpin
    Foggy?
    Red Daredevil
    Yellow Daredevil
    Taskmaster
    Sister Maggie
    Black Widow
    Mills Donovan
    Jessica Jones
    Karen Page
    ???
    Typhoid Mary
    Elektra

Corrections are welcome nerds! Would love classic bullseye, but wouldn't be surprised if we get Jessica jones tied in with her TV show release
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Wait...do you mean this Star Fox?!
    Foxbrawl_2.jpg
    :P
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    He did????? I totally missed that! If you have one, could you PM me a link to an interview or something? Would greatly appreciate it!!!

My money would totally be on Adam Warlock... as that would be a logical tie-in to Infinity War, assuming they're going to roughly base it on the Infinity Gauntlet series, which would fully connect the GotG with the Avengers...
    There's a huge number of articles discussing Starlord's MCU parentage. Just go to Google and search something like "GOTG Starlord's Father" and you should find an article with Gunn's quotes. The main frontrunners seem to be Warlock, Starfox, or Thanos. Personally, I thought the movie heavily foreshadowed Yondu as Quill's father, so I guess we will wait and see.
  • KingOzymandius
    KingOzymandius Posts: 23 Just Dropped In

Hand ninjas
    Bullseye
    Lady Bullseye
    Tarantula
    Owl
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Jack Murdock
    Tombstone
    Kingpin
    Foggy?
    Red Daredevil
    Yellow Daredevil
    Taskmaster <---- this is Mr. Fear
    Sister Maggie
    Black Widow
    Mills Donovan
    Jessica Jones
    Karen Page
    ???
    Typhoid Mary
    Elektra

Corrections are welcome nerds! Would love classic bullseye, but wouldn't be surprised if we get Jessica jones tied in with her TV show release

The guy with the skull mask isn't Taskmaster. It's a Daredevil villain named Mr. Fear. He's a crime lord who makes use of a fear gas similar to Scarecrow from Batman. There's actually been several, but the most important one was a former colleague of Matt Murdock who inherited the mantle and gear of his predecessors before embarking on a villainous career that included causing the psychological breakdown of Murdock's love interest at the time (girlfriend? fiancé? wife?).

They do have similar costumes, I'll admit, but Taskmaster isn't associated with Daredevil ... like, at all. He usually crops up in Avengers and related comics, sometimes Deadpool. The image turul posted is an art piece that represents everyone that, for one reason or another, is important to Daredevil's evolution is a character and spans his entire career. While I'm sure it's possible Daredevil and Taskmaster have fought each other at some point (certainly Taskmaster has observed Daredevil before, as I'm pretty sure his is one of the fighting styles Taskmaster has been shown to duplicate), it didn't have any lasting impact.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

There's a huge number of articles discussing Starlord's MCU parentage. Just go to Google and search something like "GOTG Starlord's Father" and you should find an article with Gunn's quotes. The main frontrunners seem to be Warlock, Starfox, or Thanos. Personally, I thought the movie heavily foreshadowed Yondu as Quill's father, so I guess we will wait and see.
    Didn't the movie specifically stated that he had Kree heritage? That would rule out all of those.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    Didn't the movie specifically stated that he had Kree heritage? That would rule out all of those.
    Nova Prime said that his father was from some ancient, mysterious species (I don't remember the exact quote). I think you can rule out Yondu (since he mentions his father hired them to pick up Quill when his mom died) and any of the more mundane species like the Kree, because Nova Prime wouldn't have played it so cagily then. Starfox and Thanos are both Eternals in comics canon (though Thanos is a Deviant throwback), which probably would qualify. Adam Warlock will almost certainly be getting an entirely new origin (I'm guessing he's simply one of the Elders of the Universe), which might qualify. And it could always be something out of left field.
  • DaveR4470
    This is a "yeah, cat's out of the bag" issue at this point... but back when the "not all heroes are human" comment came out, there were some comments on whether Scarlet Witch would fall into that, if she were considered to be Inhuman.

Welp... in case you missed it, last night's Agents of SHIELD more or less confirmed that in the MCU, the twins are Inhumans. So there you go, I guess.
This discussion has been closed.