[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    It still kinda boggles my mind that a massive change in the motion picture business, and the start of a multibillion dollar movie/TV juggernaut (sit down, Cain, I'm not talking about you), came about basically because the loser buddy from "Swingers" had a good handle on how to make the drunken a-hole that was the comic book Tony Stark work on screen for mass audiences....
    Well, he did direct "Swingers" too. ;-p

No he didn't. Doug Liman did. Everyone seems to forget that... icon_e_smile.gif

He WROTE "Swingers". Also, don't get me wrong -- I'm not implying that some idiot stumbled into greatness. Favreau is a really bright and funny guy, and deserves his success. But if you sat back in 1995 and wondered who would be the person to dramatically change the business of cinema... he wouldn't have been even close to being on the list.
    You're right. I think I heard he was writer/director from a friend and propagated that along. After checking, he does seem to be the top billed actor and I would say the main character, not the buddy, but I haven't seen the movie since the 90's.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    Seriously, though, it's about time. That black ability is just ridiculously costed. I'd honestly be fine with it dropping to just 12 AP and letting you choose the tile

it'll be good for transitioners to have a spec.tile stealing character in the ** range if this is a different black move entirely.

The other thing this does (as a bonus) is grant yet another useful black ability in star.pngstar.png land. There aren't a lot of them.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Moonstone tricks her opponent, giving her an opportunity to take advantage of their position. She steals up to ??? enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

I'd love to have this skill now to pair with patch and juggs in CA.
  • If Moonstone is getting a change, maybe I should start banking Moonstone covers. If the change means an increased sell-price, there might be some free HP to be gained from this.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    If Moonstone is getting a change, maybe I should start banking Moonstone covers. If the change means an increased sell-price, there might be some free HP to be gained from this.

Unaware people will wonder why veterans have 4-5 Moonstones.... icon_e_smile.gif
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Wait, is there really something to be gained though arbitrage of soon-to-be-buffed 2* covers? Interesting...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Turul, it's not a NEW Moonstone, is it. That would be close to the top of a Stupid D3 list.
  • bcas76
    bcas76 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    That would be unbelievably stupid. I haven't seen Moonstone in a comic since, well, Dark Reign. Funny, that.

So, the Vision then baby Cyclops then some Daredevil character and then...? Is that really as far as our prognosticators can see?
  • bcas76 wrote:
    That would be unbelievably stupid. I haven't seen Moonstone in a comic since, well, Dark Reign. Funny, that.

So, the Vision then baby Cyclops then some Daredevil character and then...? Is that really as far as our prognosticators can see?
    Well it's not like Moonstone is gonna get her own movie, how else would the Moonstone Fan Club, I mean D3, make her more popular ;P
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Man, they had better not buff an underpowered character when they could be releasing new characters. And they shouldn't be releasing new characters, because they're already coming out too fast. AND they shouldn't be nerfing overpowered characters, they should be buffing the underpowered ones. And they should be releasing more characters because the characters I want aren't out yet.
  • Man, they had better not buff an underpowered character when they could be releasing new characters. And they shouldn't be releasing new characters, because they're already coming out too fast. AND they shouldn't be nerfing overpowered characters, they should be buffing the underpowered ones. And they should be releasing more characters because the characters I want aren't out yet.
    img-3365704-2-are-you-serious-****-meme-baby-face.jpg
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    siebenvier wrote:
    Man, they had better not buff an underpowered character when they could be releasing new characters. And they shouldn't be releasing new characters, because they're already coming out too fast. AND they shouldn't be nerfing overpowered characters, they should be buffing the underpowered ones. And they should be releasing more characters because the characters I want aren't out yet.

He is mocking the reaction of people on the forums to everything that happens in this game. There is no winning for the devs.
  • notamutant wrote:
    siebenvier wrote:
    He is mocking the reaction of people on the forums to everything that happens in this game. There is no winning for the devs.
    There may be no way for them to truly win, but they could certainly aspire to lose less spectacularly. icon_razz.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Actually that person was just being dramatic. And who cares is the devs feel add odd they are winning our not? This is not a hobby, it's their JOB.

Anyways, I am 100% for FIXING (and it's called fixing, because done of the powers in this game are do inconsequential and useless, they are a joke) older characters.

But at the same time........BagMan, Bullseye, Moonstone......no, I would rather they NOT devote any time or resources to the bottom of the barrel.

Sorry if that offend anyone.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Patch update hint: "We're aiming to please with our next character..."

3* Bullseye?
  • Patch update hint: "We're aiming to please with our next character..."

3* Bullseye?

Probably the 2* Cyclops.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Hawkeye.. another Avengers tie in. He was the only one without a 3* available in ultron nodes.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're aiming to please with our next character... => Moonstone rework, with even bigger **** icon_e_wink.gif
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    2* Cyclops can apparently aim his attacks...
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Patch update hint: "We're aiming to please with our next character..."

3* Bullseye?

Probably the 2* Cyclops.

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping this would tie more into the picture Turul posted than Cyclops.

D3 is kidding themselves if they think adding a 2* will please us. Then again they may have just been going for the cheap pun.
This discussion has been closed.