[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• It didn't really confirm that, it just confirmed that they were the only powered people Hyrda has had success with. But they have also attempted their work on other Inhumans (1 in the episode) and potential inhumans with no success.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Given external factors, merely calling them "powered people" is a confirmation they're Inhuman.

Keep in mind that Marvel cannot even use the word "mutant" in the MCU or its subsidiary properties (including TV), or they violate their contract with Fox. Ergo, there are only four ways people become super in the MCU:

(1) They are normal people made super by technology or some form of outside intervention. (Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, possibly Black Widow if they use the "Russian version of super-serum" origin, Falcon, Deathlok)
    (2) They are normal people who work really really hard to be good at stuff (Hawkeye, BW if they don't go super-serum, Daredevil, Star-Lord, Nick Fury and everyone in SHIELD)
    (3) They are aliens (Thor, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, Drax)
    (4) They are Inhumans.

We know the twins aren't aliens, and we know (with 99% certainty) their powers are not some kind of tech.

So that leaves only two possibilities:

(a) Von Strucker and List created them, possibly by using Loki's scepter.
    (b) They're Inhuman.

But the end of last night's SHIELD strongly indicates that Hydra has no clue how powerful Loki's scepter is. And List took great pains to differentiate Deathlok, who was "created", with Lincoln, who was "inherently" powerful -- and who was compared with the twins, their only "success" with powered people.

Ergo, I think the only possible conclusion is that the MCU twins are Inhumans, and they're the only ones who "activated" when von Strucker exposed them to terrigen, something they've been trying to duplicate since.
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    Given external factors, merely calling them "powered people" is a confirmation they're Inhuman.

Keep in mind that Marvel cannot even use the word "mutant" in the MCU or its subsidiary properties (including TV), or they violate their contract with Fox. Ergo, there are only four ways people become super in the MCU:

(1) They are normal people made super by technology or some form of outside intervention. (Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, possibly Black Widow if they use the "Russian version of super-serum" origin, Falcon, Deathlok)
    (2) They are normal people who work really really hard to be good at stuff (Hawkeye, BW if they don't go super-serum, Daredevil, Star-Lord, Nick Fury and everyone in SHIELD)
    (3) They are aliens (Thor, Gamora, Rocket, Groot, Drax)
    (4) They are Inhumans.

We know the twins aren't aliens, and we know (with 99% certainty) their powers are not some kind of tech.

So that leaves only two possibilities:

(a) Von Strucker and List created them, possibly by using Loki's scepter.
    (b) They're Inhuman.

But the end of last night's SHIELD strongly indicates that Hydra has no clue how powerful Loki's scepter is. And List took great pains to differentiate Deathlok, who was "created", with Lincoln, who was "inherently" powerful -- and who was compared with the twins, their only "success" with powered people.

Ergo, I think the only possible conclusion is that the MCU twins are Inhumans, and they're the only ones who "activated" when von Strucker exposed them to terrigen, something they've been trying to duplicate since.
    this contract is so stupid!!!! "Can't say mutants, can't be related to magneto"...ugh. I want to smash my head against a desk.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    this contract is so stupid!!!! "Can't say mutants, can't be related to magneto"...ugh. I want to smash my head against a desk.

If it's any consolation, they're back to not being related to Magneto in the comics, too.
  • DaveR4470
    Also, they were paid a lot of money by Fox and Sony for the X-Men and Spider-man rights, and without those deals it's questionable whether Marvel would have been able to stay in business long enough to serendipitously find the right director and star for "Iron Man", a project they had spent almost a decade trying to get off the ground. And the rest is history.

It still kinda boggles my mind that a massive change in the motion picture business, and the start of a multibillion dollar movie/TV juggernaut (sit down, Cain, I'm not talking about you), came about basically because the loser buddy from "Swingers" had a good handle on how to make the drunken a-hole that was the comic book Tony Stark work on screen for mass audiences....
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In

Hand ninjas
    Bullseye
    Lady Bullseye
    Tarantula
    Owl
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist
    Jack Murdock
    Tombstone
    Kingpin
    Foggy?
    Red Daredevil
    Yellow Daredevil
    Taskmaster <---- this is Mr. Fear
    Sister Maggie
    Black Widow
    Mills Donovan
    Jessica Jones
    Karen Page
    ???
    Typhoid Mary
    Elektra

Corrections are welcome nerds! Would love classic bullseye, but wouldn't be surprised if we get Jessica jones tied in with her TV show release

The guy with the skull mask isn't Taskmaster. It's a Daredevil villain named Mr. Fear. He's a crime lord who makes use of a fear gas similar to Scarecrow from Batman. There's actually been several, but the most important one was a former colleague of Matt Murdock who inherited the mantle and gear of his predecessors before embarking on a villainous career that included causing the psychological breakdown of Murdock's love interest at the time (girlfriend? fiancé? wife?).

They do have similar costumes, I'll admit, but Taskmaster isn't associated with Daredevil ... like, at all. He usually crops up in Avengers and related comics, sometimes Deadpool. The image turul posted is an art piece that represents everyone that, for one reason or another, is important to Daredevil's evolution is a character and spans his entire career. While I'm sure it's possible Daredevil and Taskmaster have fought each other at some point (certainly Taskmaster has observed Daredevil before, as I'm pretty sure his is one of the fighting styles Taskmaster has been shown to duplicate), it didn't have any lasting impact.

You are totally right, Mr. Fear
    sent Milla Donovan permanently insane.
    . I have absolutely no idea why I confused the two, especially as I only read a DD issue including Mr. Fear a few weeks ago. It is a nice montage painting, shame it's missing Melvin Potter/Gladiator.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Didn't the movie specifically stated that he had Kree heritage? That would rule out all of those.
    Nova Prime said that his father was from some ancient, mysterious species (I don't remember the exact quote). I think you can rule out Yondu (since he mentions his father hired them to pick up Quill when his mom died) and any of the more mundane species like the Kree, because Nova Prime wouldn't have played it so cagily then. Starfox and Thanos are both Eternals in comics canon (though Thanos is a Deviant throwback), which probably would qualify. Adam Warlock will almost certainly be getting an entirely new origin (I'm guessing he's simply one of the Elders of the Universe), which might qualify. And it could always be something out of left field.
    I'll have to watch again to make sure, but Yondu's phrasing of the "job" to collect Quill seems to be purposely ambiguous. Also, Quill is only a boy when he's picked up, and not really capable of contributing anything to Yondu's crew. Why then does he keep him on board for some 20-30 years instead of delivering him to his "father"? Then there's the whole "I know I may look like an angel.." line he comes out with near the end. Ultimately, I'm just excited that there'll be at least one surprise in the next movie.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moonstone tricks her opponent, giving her an opportunity to take advantage of their position. She steals up to ??? enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

Also, Kingpin season reward.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Moonstone buff?

Wait, really? icon_lol.gif
  • Moonstone Purple and Red are fine, her black is what's awful. It's way too expensive and way too situational, if your opponent has no cooldowns you get a super expensive stun? no thanks.

At least purple can do a decent chunk of damage if they have no special tiles are, and for some it's really easy to use it to make match 4/5s (We all know Dakken, Doom, Blade are making red tiles, etc)

So if this is a buff to her black, good, it is needed for sure!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    taloncarde wrote:
    Moonstone Purple and Red are fine, her black is what's awful. It's way too expensive and way too situational, if your opponent has no cooldowns you get a super expensive stun? no thanks.

At least purple can do a decent chunk of damage if they have no special tiles are, and for some it's really easy to use it to make match 4/5s (We all know Dakken, Doom, Blade are making red tiles, etc)

So if this is a buff to her black, good, it is needed for sure!

This looks like a buff/change to her black.
    It could open up nice synergy with her Purple too;

if enemy special tiles exist you can try to swap 1 with purple to make a match, or you can steal the special tiles with black and then purple will deal guaranteed damage.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Moonstone tricks her opponent, giving her an opportunity to take advantage of their position. She steals up to ??? enemy Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

Of course they may change/respec her other abilites too.
    The skill above is at full covers, early stages steal only 1 attack, later attack & protect tile, ..., so max is probably 2 or 3 of Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    So there's a real chance reworked Bullseye and star.pngstar.pngstar.png Lazy equivalent are a reality.

I hope. Truly. He deserves better than how he's currently built.
  • Nooooo! I've been selling off my Moonstones left and right.
    I've been a fool, of course they were going to buff their favorite character!
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    romak3 wrote:
    Nooooo! I've been selling off my Moonstones left and right.
    I've been a fool, of course they were going to buff their favorite character!

Just imagine how many Moonstones you could have fully covered by now LOL

Wait for it ..... waaaaaaaaait for it .... 3 star.png "Gold" Moonstone dropping soon!

Please note: That's a joke. As I continually demonstrate, I know nothing.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    It still kinda boggles my mind that a massive change in the motion picture business, and the start of a multibillion dollar movie/TV juggernaut (sit down, Cain, I'm not talking about you), came about basically because the loser buddy from "Swingers" had a good handle on how to make the drunken a-hole that was the comic book Tony Stark work on screen for mass audiences....
    Well, he did direct "Swingers" too. ;-p
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Didn't the movie specifically stated that he had Kree heritage? That would rule out all of those.
    Nova Prime said that his father was from some ancient, mysterious species (I don't remember the exact quote). I think you can rule out Yondu (since he mentions his father hired them to pick up Quill when his mom died) and any of the more mundane species like the Kree, because Nova Prime wouldn't have played it so cagily then. Starfox and Thanos are both Eternals in comics canon (though Thanos is a Deviant throwback), which probably would qualify. Adam Warlock will almost certainly be getting an entirely new origin (I'm guessing he's simply one of the Elders of the Universe), which might qualify. And it could always be something out of left field.
    I'll have to watch again to make sure, but Yondu's phrasing of the "job" to collect Quill seems to be purposely ambiguous. Also, Quill is only a boy when he's picked up, and not really capable of contributing anything to Yondu's crew. Why then does he keep him on board for some 20-30 years instead of delivering him to his "father"? Then there's the whole "I know I may look like an angel.." line he comes out with near the end. Ultimately, I'm just excited that there'll be at least one surprise in the next movie.

Read a few spoilers that they are deviating from the comics on his origin, making him an Odin-son, Thor's half-brother, a demi. Odin sent Yondu to pick him up.

that being said, perfect casting .
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2015
    !!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif !!!

45kNqst.jpeg
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Seriously, though, it's about time. That black ability is just ridiculously costed. I'd honestly be fine with it dropping to just 12 AP and letting you choose the tile

it'll be good for transitioners to have a spec.tile stealing character in the ** range if this is a different black move entirely.
  • DaveR4470
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Well, he did direct "Swingers" too. ;-p

No he didn't. Doug Liman did. Everyone seems to forget that... icon_e_smile.gif

He WROTE "Swingers". Also, don't get me wrong -- I'm not implying that some idiot stumbled into greatness. Favreau is a really bright and funny guy, and deserves his success. But if you sat back in 1995 and wondered who would be the person to dramatically change the business of cinema... he wouldn't have been even close to being on the list.
This discussion has been closed.