[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Pair with cyclops to successfully break the meta lol
  • spccrain wrote:
    Pair with cyclops to successfully break the meta lol

Not much... You'd still need more than 15 AP to one-shot a 4*, more than 25 if it's a heavyweight like 4* Thor or Hulkbuster himself. Had it been AoE, that would have been meta (and game) breaking
  • After the Age of Ultron wave, is Baby Cyclops next? It will be nice to have a bit of a break from the hardcore new release schedule, since, even for the completists like me, 2*s always get filled up before long anyway.

And is anyone thinking they're going to do to Bullseye what they did to Daken a while back? 3* semi-lazy plus third skill for the 2*?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    After the Age of Ultron wave, is Baby Cyclops next? It will be nice to have a bit of a break from the hardcore new release schedule, since, even for the completists like me, 2*s always get filled up before long anyway.

And is anyone thinking they're going to do to Bullseye what they did to Daken a while back? 3* semi-lazy plus third skill for the 2*?

I think down the road yes, my thought is that come the second season of Daredevil they will create Bullseye as one of the bad guys for the season and tie in with that, so maybe sometime next year, I think hawkeye gets the 3* treatment first.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    After the Age of Ultron wave, is Baby Cyclops next? It will be nice to have a bit of a break from the hardcore new release schedule, since, even for the completists like me, 2*s always get filled up before long anyway.

I think down the road yes, my thought is that come the second season of Daredevil they will create Bullseye as one of the bad guys for the season and tie in with that, so maybe sometime next year, I think hawkeye gets the 3* treatment first.

I'm not sure if the Guardians characters coming out for the DVD release of the movie was planned, Marvel-requested, or coincidence, but if they're tying in to DVD releases the Avengers 2 DVD release might be a good time for a 3* Hawkeye. Plus, if we don't get vision now, we might see him then. Depends I guess on how much the movies dictate the release schedule.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I'm not sure if the Guardians characters coming out for the DVD release of the movie was planned, Marvel-requested, or coincidence, but if they're tying in to DVD releases the Avengers 2 DVD release might be a good time for a 3* Hawkeye. Plus, if we don't get vision now, we might see him then. Depends I guess on how much the movies dictate the release schedule.
    Guardians and Avengers will get tie-ins gaureenteed
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Guardians and Avengers will get tie-ins gaureenteed

I certainly hope the tie-in trend continues. It took more than a year to get it rolling with Daredevil and now Avengers. With movies planned out to 2019 at least, there are plenty of launch points for the devs to coattail on. In addition to adapting other content from Marvel's massive publishing history. Should be darn near inexhaustible, even the development team is up to the task, and can keep a playerbase engaged.
  • What I meant is that, while I have no doubt that they'll continue to do tie-in characters, will they actually hold off on doing characters so that they can do them as tie-ins? Will they avoid introducing Drax before GotG 2 so that they can release him then? Will they wait to introduce a 3* Hawkeye until his next movie (whichever that is)? Will we only see characters that aren't getting into movies between movies? Are they holding off on introducing Dr. Strange to introduce him when the movie comes out?

The flip side of this is that I could easily see us getting more "missed" characters from movies if the characters won't show up in sequels. We haven't seen the villains from GotG, Thor 2 (which are reportedly in the code somewhere), Captain America, or Hulk, for example, and there are also X-Men characters that haven't been gotten to(though there's only a handful of top names from the X-Books left before you get to their massive b-list). There's also characters like Namor that are in a complicated place rights-wise, and aren't going to get movies for a while for that reason.

In short: Are the movies going to trump the natural roll-out process, or are they only going to supplement it?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess Vision is next in regular PVE probably running alongside the Hulkbuster/AvU release.

After that, Baby Cyclops or someone from my Daredevil pic
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    turul wrote:
    After that, Baby Cyclops or someone from my Daredevil pic
    Out of curiosity, was Cyclops your 2* Sharpshooter?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    What I meant is that, while I have no doubt that they'll continue to do tie-in characters, will they actually hold off on doing characters so that they can do them as tie-ins? Will they avoid introducing Drax before GotG 2 so that they can release him then? Will they wait to introduce a 3* Hawkeye until his next movie (whichever that is)? Will we only see characters that aren't getting into movies between movies? Are they holding off on introducing Dr. Strange to introduce him when the movie comes out?

The flip side of this is that I could easily see us getting more "missed" characters from movies if the characters won't show up in sequels. We haven't seen the villains from GotG, Thor 2 (which are reportedly in the code somewhere), Captain America, or Hulk, for example, and there are also X-Men characters that haven't been gotten to(though there's only a handful of top names from the X-Books left before you get to their massive b-list). There's also characters like Namor that are in a complicated place rights-wise, and aren't going to get movies for a while for that reason.

In short: Are the movies going to trump the natural roll-out process, or are they only going to supplement it?
    Movies are most important thing to Marvel, they are widest-reaching audience that sparks new life into properties.

Let's look back: previously, Avengers were just a silly comic and guardians of galaxy no one heard of and cared about. X-Men and Spider-Man were Marvel's big properties. Fantastic Four was....around?(Sorry Fantastic Four fans).

Now - Avengers has breathed new life into Marvel comics and movies, becoming Marvel's #1. Guardians have followed the closest(probably behind the iron man films) going from nobodies to a great property that even had a #1 movie soundtrack(THAT is an accomplishment).

Look at the media blitz Age of Ultron has on marvel's comics and video games

Guardians has cartoon coming up
    Guardians has guardians 2 coming up

Ultimately marvel decides what goes, but it makes sense to follow's Marvel's plan(specifically their movie-verse plan) to get the most exposure and $$$

but also I believe certain characters are held back to maximize their $$$: yes...for instance, I believe Gambit is being held back for a more popular playing time(Winter for holidays, Summer for summer break) rather than just release him when he's ready.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    but also I believe certain characters are held back to maximize their $$$: yes...for instance, I believe Gambit is being held back for a more popular playing time(Winter for holidays, Summer for summer break) rather than just release him when he's ready.

Don't forget, though, Gambit has a movie coming out, too, with pretty boy Channing Tatum. If we see him in the game (and no reason we shouldn't), it'll probably be then.

I think the Marvel movies are just a supplement. There's not going to be content created fast enough to match the time new characters come out. Remember, MPQ (until recently) had been doing a new character every 2 or 3 weeks, depending on length of PvE event. Pretty soon we'll see Jessica Jones, I imagine, for the other Marvel series coming out.

I hope that Marvel does a Spiderman movie with some form of the Sinister Six. I would love a Sinister Six PvE event. Maybe have new playable villains, or maybe keep the villains as NPC's like Gorgon and Ultron.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Don't forget, though, Gambit has a movie coming out, too, with pretty boy Channing Tatum. If we see him in the game (and no reason we shouldn't), it'll probably be then.

It's not a Marvel studios movie. Marvel probably isn't going to cross-promote with Fox because the two studios pretty much hate each other. They're not going as far with the X-Men to freeze licenses, but they're also not going to be directing companies to promote the movie.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I had no idea it wasn't Marvel. I guess I should have realized, since it's an X-Man. Derp on my part.

*edit* I think I was confused because they haven't focused on a single X-Man other than Wolverine. XD
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I think the Marvel movies are just a supplement. There's not going to be content created fast enough to match the time new characters come out. Remember, MPQ (until recently) had been doing a new character every 2 or 3 weeks, depending on length of PvE event. Pretty soon we'll see Jessica Jones, I imagine, for the other Marvel series coming out.

I hope that Marvel does a Spiderman movie with some form of the Sinister Six. I would love a Sinister Six PvE event. Maybe have new playable villains, or maybe keep the villains as NPC's like Gorgon and Ultron.
    it's not a supplement it's the other way around.

Stores bend over backwards for Winter/Christmas traffic

Marvel games bend over backwards for movie/crossover traffic and $$$.

It's possible Gambit could bring Gambit but it depends on how Marvel feels about it(AKA like how it's ignoring fantastic 4)
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Can someone confirm IM: Hulkbuster will be 4*? I believe I read it somewhere but not sure how far back I'd have to dig into the forum.
  • Can someone confirm IM: Hulkbuster will be 4*? I believe I read it somewhere but not sure how far back I'd have to dig into the forum.
    This thread is the closest you're going to get to a confirmation until 24 hours from now, most likely.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Hulkbuster is 4*. I've seen screen grabs of his abilities.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay! Getting Ant-Man soon!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone confirm IM: Hulkbuster will be 4*? I believe I read it somewhere but not sure how far back I'd have to dig into the forum.

Follow the pattern 3/3/4
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Hulkbuster
This discussion has been closed.