[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I wonder if that means "Marvel Puzzle Quest will offer Hulkbuster Iron Man (for top 2) and Scarlet Witch (for top 150) as in-game prizes for players who defeat Ultron in a Boss Battle event.".....

My guess would be that instead of having alliance reward for IMHB it'd just be any alliance that manages to defeat Ultron gets an IMHB cover, though there's nothing stopping them from making defeat Ultron meaning 'doing 5 billion damage to him'.

Would be cool if there were tiers: x dmg for first cover, y damage for second, 5 billion for third
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    With all the rumoured characters coming around I did expect that the big Ultron event would reward more than one character. My speculation is:

-First The Vision (3*) is released on a normal PVE event.
    -Immediately after the Ultron event goes off. The Vision is essential or buffed. It rewards covers of Scarlet Witch (3*) for top 25%, top 15% and top 10% (using percentages because I believe that the event will be different enough to necessitate another kind of scoring and placement schemes. Hulkbuster (4*) is the reward given to top 5%, top 2% and top 1%.
    -A normal PVE which no one will care for will follow and reward 2* Cyclops.
    - Ultron won't be released as a playable character for the time being.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultron Prime (probably unplayable)
    - (every turn passive) creates a "drop tile", which deals damage when it arrives to the bottom row.
    - (every turn passive) destroys the bottom row
    - cannot be stunned

Ultron Ultimate (probably playable)
    - AOE DMG
    - creates CD tiles which stun + drain strongest AP
    - (every turn passive) Copies a friendly special tile next to the original. (atk/prot/strike tile)
    - cannot be stunned

The new PVE will be at least two chapters, meeting both Ultron versions above.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    - AOE DMG
    - (every turn passive) Copies a friendly special tile next to the original. (atk/prot/strike tile)
    - cannot be stunned

I sure hope that's not the final playable version, because it's going to be incredibly broken with Prof X, and Iron Fist, just off the top of my head.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    turul wrote:
    - AOE DMG
    - cannot be stunned

I sure hope that's not the final playable version, because it's going to be incredibly broken with Prof X, and Iron Fist, just off the top of my head.

Active can be costed accordingly, but no playable character should have that passive.

Alternate theory: that character is playable, everyone spends RL money to buy covers, character is nerfed, demiurge laughs all the way to the bank.
  • turul
    Mawtful wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    turul wrote:
    - AOE DMG
    - cannot be stunned

Active can be costed accordingly, but no playable character should have that passive.

Alternate theory: that character is playable, everyone spends RL money to buy covers, character is nerfed, demiurge laughs all the way to the bank.

Well, you may be right, (every turn passive) Copies a friendly special tile next to the original. (atk/prot/strike tile) does not have anything scalable by covers, so it might be non-playable too. I will check my files later icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I wonder if that means "Marvel Puzzle Quest will offer Hulkbuster Iron Man (for top 2) and Scarlet Witch (for top 150) as in-game prizes for players who defeat Ultron in a Boss Battle event.".....
    Knowing them it will be Scarlet witch 7 day ultron event followed by 7 day Hulkbuster PVE requiring Scarlet witch and some random characters
    I would reverse that because the Devs like making 4* characters top 50 for personal PVE and then tIM will be essential for SW. Or they will give out both at the same time so you can drop 1200-1400 HP on roster slots at the same time!!

I'm telling you, ultimate evil would be do the 2* Cyc first - no one wants to put another 2* on their roster due to HP roster costs, or sink resources into him due to release speed.

Then have the 2* be essential to get the 4*, so you'll only have best chance at 4* if you paid for packs to get more of that 2* and leveled it up!

THEN have the T50 individual reward 4* be essential for the 3*.

I really, really hope they don't go back-to-back (-to back....) releases anymore: it's just to easy to see greed and predict further greed.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Knowing them it will be Scarlet witch 7 day ultron event followed by 7 day Hulkbuster PVE requiring Scarlet witch and some random characters
    I would reverse that because the Devs like making 4* characters top 50 for personal PVE and then tIM will be essential for SW. Or they will give out both at the same time so you can drop 1200-1400 HP on roster slots at the same time!!

I'm telling you, ultimate evil would be do the 2* Cyc first - no one wants to put another 2* on their roster due to HP roster costs, or sink resources into him due to release speed.

Then have the 2* be essential to get the 4*, so you'll only have best chance at 4* if you paid for packs to get more of that 2* and leveled it up!

I really, really hope they don't go back-to-back (-to back....) releases anymore: it's just to easy to see greed and predict further greed.

It's been approximately a year and two months since I last had to invest real money into HP for roster slots. That's back when I hardly knew anything about the game and doggedly refused to let go my Moonstone to get the daily reward X-Force cover. Ever since, I have been able to pay for each new roster slot with my in-game HP gains. Even doing so, I managed to accumulate enough HP to buy a 4* cover a few months ago and nowadays, I almost have enough for another; yes, even with the back to back releases. This whole ridiculous whining about Demiurge pushing releases as a greedy grab for roster slots money was cute at the beginning as it's often the case with baseless conspiracy theorists, but as it also goes, it's gone stale and grating.

If you want to whinge about back to back releases talk about the much closer to reality non-stop grinding without a break, or the fact that a speedier release rate make ISO spread thinner when levelling up characters. It won't change anything, anyway, as it's absolutely transparent that all these character releases have been pushed by the big names at Marvel, not at Demiurge.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    - (every turn passive) creates a "drop tile", which deals damage when it arrives to the bottom row.
    - cannot be stunned

- AOE DMG
    - cannot be stunned

Is it possible that one is a single-player boss, while the other is an Alliance-level baddie, neither of which is actually playable? The "cannot be stunned" bit seems outside the bounds of what I expect from a playable character. However, being unstunnable would an essential power for any boss fight. Remember when they ran a lvl. 395 Thor in the Simulator? Many people found him impossible to beat, while others found him trivial with stuns.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:

You could just sell the 2star after using it to get the 4star though
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

You could just sell the 2star after using it to get the 4star though
    Unless both are needed for the 3*.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Copy special tile makes Sentry the new meta again?
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    It's been approximately a year and two months since I last had to invest real money into HP for roster slots. That's back when I hardly knew anything about the game and doggedly refused to let go my Moonstone to get the daily reward X-Force cover. Ever since, I have been able to pay for each new roster slot with my in-game HP gains. Even doing so, I managed to accumulate enough HP to buy a 4* cover a few months ago and nowadays, I almost have enough for another; yes, even with the back to back releases. This whole ridiculous whining about Demiurge pushing releases as a greedy grab for roster slots money was cute at the beginning as it's often the case with baseless conspiracy theorists, but as it also goes, it's gone stale and grating.

If you want to whinge about back to back releases talk about the much closer to reality non-stop grinding without a break, or the fact that a speedier release rate make ISO spread thinner when levelling up characters. It won't change anything, anyway, as it's absolutely transparent that all these character releases have been pushed by the big names at Marvel, not at Demiurge.

It's saying true things!
    burn-the-witch-monty-python.jpg
  • scottee wrote:
    Copy special tile makes Sentry the new meta again?

Don't be silly, think Iron Fist/Professor X.
    SirPhobos wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

It's saying true things!
    burn-the-witch-monty-python.jpg

Newer players trying to keep up who don't really have HP to spare. back before I decided to spend $$ I didn't have any room for 1* characters but could basically keep up with new, non-4* characters that were released.

I personally don't spend money on shields anymore, but I know lots do. But once I realized the priority was to save HP for roster slots, that's what I did.

I still believe they shouldn't release **** heroes until they're ready(Bagsilver, Bagnarok), and seeing the 5 events that have been run, they could've delayed Quicksilver and Kamala(they had to release Kingpin for Daredevil tie in) and there would've been less problems.

Deadpool daily alleviates some of the problems newer players run into. I'm still in heavy need for ISO, however.
  • SnowcaTT
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming cover changes
    kfC5PUq.jpg?1
    5h8Vw4i.jpg?1
    oc2K8h2.jpg
    1CmBpqs.jpg

Went live this morning.
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming cover changes
    kfC5PUq.jpg?1
    5h8Vw4i.jpg?1
    oc2K8h2.jpg
    1CmBpqs.jpg

Went live this morning.
    not for me
  • SnowcaTT
    raisinbman wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming cover changes
    kfC5PUq.jpg?1
    5h8Vw4i.jpg?1
    oc2K8h2.jpg
    1CmBpqs.jpg

Went live this morning.
    not for me

Steam, I guess I should say. Didn't see it first thing this morning, just logged in again and saw them.

Nice different opening screen as well.
  • turul
    Prizes may come as "prize tokens" for the Avengers VS Ultron event. (There is a prize token page)
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Upcoming cover changes
    kfC5PUq.jpg?1
    5h8Vw4i.jpg?1
    oc2K8h2.jpg
    1CmBpqs.jpg
    Went live this morning.
    Yup. Live on Steam.

I can't believe that 2* Daken cover is actually a real thing and that anyone with eyes selected it on purpose.
  • turul wrote:
    - cannot be stunned

- AOE DMG
    - cannot be stunned

Ultron Ultimate + IF = immediately game breaking, so I don't think it's playable. Ultron Ultimate + Luke Cage would lead to some hilariously long games.
This discussion has been closed.