[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• Depending on how true to the comics the movie will be, Vision has already been in one of the movies:
    In the first Captain America as Steve and Bucky enter the World's Fair near the beginning. In a wide shot they pass by a man in a red suit inside a clear canister. This is a reference to the original, robotic Human Torch - member of the Invaders - whose body was later turned into the host for the Vision (as was revealed in John Byrne's very excellent West Coast Avengers storyline that gave him the White costume someone was maligning earlier in the thread).

I realize that this is not in theme with the upcoming theatrical releases, but another candidate could be the X-Men villain Nimrod, a futuristic Sentinel that can adapt to the different X-Men powers.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    The upcoming one will be "advanced Colossus"

Red Power / Normal - Deals 5000* damage and destroys a random cross of tiles.
    Red Power / Mode B - Removes up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles. Deals 5000* damage per tile.
    Red Power / Mode C - Deals 5000* damage to the enemy team.

unknown color powers:
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode B, + ??? damage reduction (only to self)
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode C, + ??? more damage dealt (only by self)
    (if you cast one, the other CD dissapears)

*5000 damage may be just a draft

Very, very obviously The Vision.

The modes are him increasing / decreasing his mass and density to either be quicker and more fragile or slower and tougher.

Or perhaps he's quicker and harder to hit vs more dense and able to hit harder.

Either way, clearly the Vision.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I think it's Vision too.... but I can at least conceive of this being Hulkbuster, and the A/B/C is based on how many arc reactors are online.

But it's totally Vision.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    It IS NOT a different version of Colossus, you all......
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Turul was referring to Colossus' CD tile mechanic, that's all. So, the two other powers place a yellowflag.png Colossus-like CD, which lets his redflag.png do 'more.' As I understand it, the character has two different CDs that change the redflag.png power in very interesting ways. It's very cool.

Funny, it works a bit like I envisioned the AoU IronMan. You would start in Mark X and then activate a power to jump into the Hulkbuster. The character image would then change, health would increase, and from that point on, you would have new Hulkbuster powers at you disposal.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    What is at the root of this sudden faith in the sensibility of character design in MPQ?

Yes, avoiding damage and increasing damage dealt by switching modes sounds very Vision-y in all other realms related to the Marvel Universe. But this here is MPQ. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    What is at the root of this sudden faith in the sensibility of character design in MPQ?

Yes, avoiding damage and increasing damage dealt by switching modes sounds very Vision-y in all other realms related to the Marvel Universe. But this here is MPQ. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Agreed. Because, y'know, when talking about Professor X the first thing that comes to mind is his ability to go invisible.
  • pabasa130 wrote:

Agreed. Because, y'know, when talking about Professor X the first thing that comes to mind is his ability to go invisible.

You'd think he'd have an X-vengers assemble at LEAST!
  • Yeah it was dissapointing the missing "To me my X-Men" move
    And you do have Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Psylocke and Colossus in game (even if you exclude Cyclops)
    But sure, he is related to invisibility, strike tiles and big heads that give you a high dealing damage seizure lol
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agent Alex wrote:
    <snip>
    big heads that give you a high dealing damage seizure lol

I lie awake at night out of fear for what they'll do when they finally add MODOK to the game.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Agent Alex wrote:
    <snip>

I lie awake at night out of fear for what they'll do when they finally add MODOK to the game.

Give him a version of Devil Dino's tiny arms ability...
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Agent Alex wrote:
    <snip>

Please please dont let them add a smirk or smile to MODOK
    Every time the designer tries a smile or anything that ressembles to it, it comes down to a too creepy gesture
    I mean come on, what the hell happened to Quicksilver face?? that keeps up at night lol
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500

I could see it being Wanda. She has reality-altering powers. Reality A, B and C all do different things.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Agent Alex wrote:
    <snip>

tumblr_mhlycysjuX1r5gow3o1_500.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMc13A8LqaA

I really hope they don't screw up Modok all they gotta do is follow the MVC blueprint
  • aesthetocyst
    Lidolas wrote:

I could see it being Wanda. She has reality-altering powers. Reality A, B and C all do different things.

Wanda is coming, she's already in the files with powers called Arcane, Hex, and Warp. A tiny Cyclops is in there too. Vision, not yet. But, only the devs know what relation if any this has to any release schedule (probably none LOL)
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Alexraven wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Give him a version of Devil Dino's tiny arms ability...

purpleflag.pngKill!!! KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 3 AP
    MODOK kicks his dangling legs ferociously, moving one Black tile to the lower right of the board.
  • aesthetocyst
    MODOK will never happen, as his blocky head would break the game's layout LOL
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    MODOK will never happen, as his blocky head would break the game's layout LOL

Look at the covers for Professor X, Juggernaut, Kingpin - and don't forget the 2nd Deadpool one either. Someone at demiurge just loves a giant close up on people's heads, so I'm fairly certain MODOK is only a matter of time.
  • So if we follow the conspiracy theories people seem to have about D3, we'll get a preview for whomever our next charachter is tomorrow so that the weekend can be filled with soul crushing and fear of another PVE week ahead.

(Sarcasm off) I assume next PVE will be another new guy, just curious what we will see!
  • My guess would be SW simply because she is in Avengers 2, and Turul has seen her in the files longer.

BTW, does anyone else have this fear that the rumored PVE is going to be a heroic to make it "balanced" for the alliances? Avengers 2 characters only?
This discussion has been closed.