[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• shatland
    shatland Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    turul wrote:
    Ultron will create a drop tile every turn on the top of the board. If this gets to the "floor", probably one of your heroes will be doomed. (Elektra/Invisibles may come in handy!). Sentries help them getting that tile too the bottom quite effectively - also, they will probably deal you quite a lot of dmg.

There will be probably a lot of Sentry Nodes and some "bossfights", where you will deal the alliance-wide damage.

oh wow - that's quite different from anything i've envisioned. still, a nice outside-the-box change. can't wait to see this in action! thanks!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    taloncarde wrote:
    Shatland, i haven't seen the code, but the way I read it is

Fight stars, red is in "normal" mode

Then you use Color B which creates a count down tile that reduces damage. Red is now in "Mode B"

Then you use Color C which creates a count down tile that increases damage (Destroying original CD tile if it was still up) red is now in mode "C"

If either count down tile is matched or runs out, then red goes back to "normal" mode

so depending on what you need to do (Destroy special tiles, do team damage, or do individual damage) you might want to shift "modes" strategically.
    which means the AI will be terrible at using this character

Probably. Although it'll probably fire the red as soon as it has enough AP, regardless of what mode the character is in at the time.

Wonder what color the passives will be. Mode B sounds like yellow, since it has damage reduction, and I would guess green for mode C, since green is also the primary strike tile generator. Plus, red/yellow/green would be perfect for Vison, considering his color scheme (let's all forget that **** pale white design from the early 90's okay?).
  • Dont discard Phoenix 5 Colossus as Advanced Colossus

I'm betting on a Juggs one but still there's that chance

But the question is... Is he a Juggs 3* or a Colossus 4*?
  • Agent Alex wrote:
    Dont discard Phoenix 5 Colossus as Advanced Colossus

considering how sh*t colossus is and they just released Bagsilver, I hope it's Jugg.

Can't believe I just typed that.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Agent Alex wrote:
    Dont discard Phoenix 5 Colossus as Advanced Colossus

considering how sh*t colossus is and they just released Bagsilver, I hope it's Jugg.

Can't believe I just typed that.

I hope its Juggs too, but just because i dont want another useless 4* (either by skils or covers i wont get in a year)
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    turul wrote:
    Ultron will create a drop tile every turn on the top of the board. If this gets to the "floor", probably one of your heroes will be doomed. (Elektra/Invisibles may come in handy!). Sentries help them getting that tile too the bottom quite effectively - also, they will probably deal you quite a lot of dmg.

There will be probably a lot of Sentry Nodes and some "bossfights", where you will deal the alliance-wide damage.
    finally a use for force bubbles?

mm, or Web-slinger
  • turul wrote:

mm, or Web-slinger

It won't work because Ultron has another passive that ensures the board state changes every turn.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    turul wrote:

mm, or Web-slinger

It won't work because Ultron has another passive that ensures the board state changes every turn.

Thats why bubbles are somewhat useful!
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    turul wrote:

mm, or Web-slinger

Thats why bubbles are somewhat useful!

icon_invisiblewoman.png Bubbles are coming ...
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    turul wrote:
    The upcoming one will be "advanced Colossus"

Red Power / Normal - Deals 5000* damage and destroys a random cross of tiles.
    Red Power / Mode B - Removes up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles. Deals 5000* damage per tile.
    Red Power / Mode C - Deals 5000* damage to the enemy team.

unknown color powers:
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode B, + ??? damage reduction (only to self)
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode C, + ??? more damage dealt (only by self)
    (if you cast one, the other CD dissapears)

*5000 damage may be just a draft

I agree with Der_Lex that this sounds very Vision like. Though, do folks like this mechanic? I don't mind it on Luke Cage since it's reusing the same AP Color, but this sounds like it uses 2 colors to do something similar and all 3 sound like they are locked out as the other 2 non-red colors determine what you want him to do. Seems kinda restrictive if you're forced to collect multiple colors do a single type of attack or not able to deal with special tiles if you're currently in Mode C.

I think the concept of a utility/damage swap character is neat, just hope it works out so it's not too clunky or cost too much AP to switch or keep the CD tile going. Cyclops seems like a great pairing with this new character, now I'll just need to get Cyclops back to 3/5/5... lol.

The question of "if folks like this mechanic"

I think it's pretty neat, it gives a lot of flexibility to a character while sticking to "3 powers" since really he has 3 attack powers plus 2 powers that either buff his attack or his defense.

What i'm curious about from a design perspective, is does the damage for the red power scale in any way based on how many covers the other 2 powers have? Or will that only affect how long the countdown tiles/damage mitigation/boosts. I worry this will be a character that is either default 5/x/x (for max damage) or 3/5/5 (damage, but max other powers)

The other thing I would like to see is some visual indication which mode he's in instead of having to remember or track my own countdown tile. I know, a little lazy, but if this is say colussus, if his charachter could change from skin (normal) to steel (protect) to whatever (attack) so I can tell which mode he's in at a glance before deciding which power to use would be great.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    You don't think that's Hulkbuster? The shifting modes sure sounds robotic. (And giant death swaths doesn't sound like Vision.)
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    ErikPeter wrote:
    You don't think that's Hulkbuster? The shifting modes sure sounds robotic. (And giant death swaths doesn't sound like Vision.)

I thought hulkbuster was an iron man suit, not a robot. Am I wrong?
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It's a robotic suit.

Also, this sounds like a bigger, more complex character than your typical 3* (and I don't think Vision would be a 4*, i hadn't even heard of him until a few months ago)
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    ErikPeter wrote:
    It's a robotic suit.

Also, this sounds like a bigger, more complex character than your typical 3* (and I don't think Vision would be a 4*, i hadn't even heard of him until a few months ago)

I think it could be Hulkbuster, but I'm really leaning towards Vision since he was one of the surprise characters in Avengers and their hint was something to the effect was "A Hero Need Not Be Human" and Tony Stark would still be the hero. I think the Modes sounds VERY Vision-like. Also, with all the spoilers leaking, I wouldn't be surprised if D3 worked extra hard to keep things fresh. But that said, Hulkbuster was leaked as coming soon and it was also leaked he'd be heavy on red. So will this new character. So who knows.

That aside, the 4* Colossus guesses are silly in my opinion. Turul used quotation marks, which is his way of saying, this isn't what it is -- but it's a hint. In this case, it's just saying these powers make the unknown character sound like a super colossus because of their few similarities.
  • ErikPeter wrote:
    It's a robotic suit.

Vision is a long time player in the comics, but he hasn't even been hinted at in the movies. There are good reasons, but i'll leave that for you to find out May 1st in Marvels Age of Ultron! (this message was paid for.. oh who am I kidding it was free)
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just referred to the power similarity to colossus
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    taloncarde wrote:
    Vision is a long time player in the comics, but he hasn't even been hinted at in the movies.

He actually has been hinted at in the movies, although if you blink, you'll miss it. Pay very close attention to the colors of the Xmas stocking that Tony hangs for Jarvis....

(that's from Iron Man 3, btw)

Edit: Here's a better view.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    taloncarde wrote:
    Vision is a long time player in the comics, but he hasn't even been hinted at in the movies.

He actually has been hinted at in the movies, although if you blink, you'll miss it. Pay very close attention to the colors of the Xmas stocking that Tony hangs for Jarvis....

(that's from Iron Man 3, btw)

Edit: Here's a better view.

Looks more like a Matrix reference icon_lol.gif Hey, binary, clearly an Ultron shout-out. Ha.

Even if it were red, green, and yellow .... those are the colors of Christmas.
  • taloncarde wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:
    It's a robotic suit.

Vision is a long time player in the comics, but he hasn't even been hinted at in the movies. There are good reasons, but i'll leave that for you to find out May 1st in Marvels Age of Ultron! (this message was paid for.. oh who am I kidding it was free)

He's been flat out shown in at least one of the trailers so far, though.
  • Yes, he has. I just wasn't going to talk about any of his story since A) I don't know what exactly has changed for the movie and B) I don't want to spoil it for people who want to go see the movie and find out.

Of course most of my non-Marvel reading fans thought he was someone else completely based on his limited trailer exposure
This discussion has been closed.