[SPOILER] Upcoming characters & contents /2505/

Comments

• turul wrote:
    btw, there's a very minor chance Dr. Octopus will destroy CD tiles too, if they made a mistake in the announcement, and what I see in the "code" is valid:

Dr. Octavius reaches out with his mechanical arms to use controls and devices, smashing enemy plans easily. Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, destroying any swapped enemy special tiles, and dealing ??? damage for each tile destroyed.

Well, that's good. I was one of the handful of people that actually used Doc Ock regularly already, and it was always for goon nodes. I was displeased to see his ability to destroy CDs removed. Also displeased to see She-Hulk's ability to remove CDs. (I like using the oddballs)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    adamLmpq wrote:
    turul wrote:
    btw, there's a very minor chance Dr. Octopus will destroy CD tiles too, if they made a mistake in the announcement, and what I see in the "code" is valid:

Dr. Octavius reaches out with his mechanical arms to use controls and devices, smashing enemy plans easily. Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, destroying any swapped enemy special tiles, and dealing ??? damage for each tile destroyed.

Well, that's good. I was one of the handful of people that actually used Doc Ock regularly already, and it was always for goon nodes. I was displeased to see his ability to destroy CDs removed. Also displeased to see She-Hulk's ability to remove CDs. (I like using the oddballs)
    She hulk was one of my go to players in survival mode becuase she overwrite cd tiles. So sad they got rid of the best part of this power.
  • I'm pretty sure they're trying to make the ability to destroy CD exclusive to only a few characters so that you'd have a reason to play someone like Star-Lord instead of having all his moves immediately removed. Swapping 16 tiles is roughly 2/3 of the board (TUs can't be swapped, and are never location for CDs to begin with) and would make it too risky to ever use CD ability even against something relatively tame like Manipulation.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they're trying to make the ability to destroy CD exclusive to only a few characters so that you'd have a reason to play someone like Star-Lord instead of having all his moves immediately removed. Swapping 16 tiles is roughly 2/3 of the board (TUs can't be swapped, and are never location for CDs to begin with) and would make it too risky to ever use CD ability even against something relatively tame like Manipulation.

If they want players to play as star-lord, he's going to need to do a hell of a lot more than be best friends with Xavier.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    TUs can't be swapped
    Does it say that? I don't see why a TU doesn't qualify as a "random tile"
  • simonsez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    TUs can't be swapped

Oh, I thought it's templated exactly like Illusions. Shows how much I use this ability.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    TUs can't be swapped

Oh, I thought it's templated exactly like Illusions. Shows how much I use this ability.
    Yeah, as it stands right now, Manipulation can swap Team Up tiles. I just went into the game and tested it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing exciting in the patch notes, but this:
    -Numerous back-end fixes made to support upcoming Events.

Made me a little excited that the code monkeys might bring this thread back to life with something interesting.
  • San Narciso
    San Narciso Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Just read the Patch Notes, and the hint "A hero need not be human..." is really interesting to me.

See, we know these characters are coming and have been spoiled...
    Sharpshooter [2*]: Cyclops -- human
    Name Includes Color: Scarlet Witch -- human
    Very High HP: IM: Hulkbuster -- human, even though it's the suit that makes him
    and Ultron -- not human, but I wouldn't call him a hero either

So are they hinting that we will see a surprise character? Maybe Vision??? It fits in the Avengers Vs Ultron PVE slated to come out some time around the new movie. So I wonder if they have a few surprises up their sleeves after all. Anyway, just a thought and speculation.
  • Just read the Patch Notes, and the hint "A hero need not be human..." is really interesting to me.

See, we know these characters are coming and have been spoiled...
    Sharpshooter [2*]: Cyclops -- human
    Name Includes Color: Scarlet Witch -- human
    Very High HP: IM: Hulkbuster -- human, even though it's the suit that makes him
    and Ultron -- not human, but I wouldn't call him a hero either

So are they hinting that we will see a surprise character? Maybe Vision??? It fits in the Avengers Vs Ultron PVE slated to come out some time around the new movie. So I wonder if they have a few surprises up their sleeves after all. Anyway, just a thought and speculation.

how the **** are they gonna fit all this before May 1st? Is may just going to be 1 character after another? holy ****
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Nothing exciting in the patch notes, but this:
    -Numerous back-end fixes made to support upcoming Events.

Made me a little excited that the code monkeys might bring this thread back to life with something interesting.
    Alliance mates of mine have been digging up this info for a month or so. Really exciting stuff on the horizon.

I don't think it's been brought up in this thread because it isn't something you can hint at
  • well, if they do what I think they are going to do to explain Scarlet Witches powers she is going to be treated as an Inhuman for the Age of Ultron movie (Since she can't be a mutant do to the liscensing deals) so maybe it's simply a hint to her?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Wanda
    Hulkbuster
    The Vision
    Ultron

I thought these were already "confirmed"?
  • Turul has confirmed nothing, he just hints. Maybe he can give us another round? icon_razz.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did confirm most of them. But the upcoming one havent been hinted yet icon_e_smile.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    In that case, i'm going to say "Hurray, Vision!"
  • turul
    The upcoming one will be "advanced Colossus"

Red Power / Normal - Deals 5000* damage and destroys a random cross of tiles.
    Red Power / Mode B - Removes up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles. Deals 5000* damage per tile.
    Red Power / Mode C - Deals 5000* damage to the enemy team.

unknown color powers:
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode B, + ??? damage reduction (only to self)
    - makes CD tile switching on Mode C, + ??? more damage dealt (only by self)
    (if you cast one, the other CD dissapears)

*5000 damage may be just a draft
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:

Red Power / Mode B - Removes up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles. Deals 5000* damage per tile.

unknown color powers:

o_0

Interesting.
    Still a lot of unknowns, but potentially two best builds depending on whether they're being used offensively or defensively.
  • turul
    Mawtful wrote:
    turul wrote:

unknown color powers:

o_0

Interesting.
    Still a lot of unknowns, but potentially two best builds depending on whether they're being used offensively or defensively.

Since offensive mode will increase only match damage, probably the defensive will be best. (Unless +500% or similar match damage)
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    So Advanced Colossus = new character then? Was hoping this could be the Colossus rework icon_e_sad.gif
This discussion has been closed.